Royal Pain (Adventure RP With Prince Bluebood) OOC Discussion

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TV Tropes is hardly canon and considering we only saw a few actual titles on the show, and there's like a ton of books in the series, I'm sure we can be safe to make a few up..And maybe FW got the title wrong. It's been a long time since she read the books..

I can be a lazy pony at times, but "Last Crusade" right away tells you what story it was without needing to explain it, and like Blueblood's quest, but dealt with the hero searching, saving and gaining a new respect for his father.

And phooey! Since they're ponies, we won't get to see poor Dunder and Muggo try their first meal of Escargot. They'd probably enjoy it until somepony told them what it was...SNAILS?! AHHH! :wail:

Yeah, Veggie dogs. :smirk: If you ever read the FIM fanfic, "The Immortal Game", Blueblood is forced to consume (chicken) meat. It's not a pleasant sight.

And phooey! Since they're ponies, we won't get to see poor Dunder and Muggo try their first meal of Escargot. They'd probably enjoy it until somepony told them what it was...SNAILS?! AHHH! :wail:

Amusingly, as something of a foodie IRL, I've had escargot before and loved it.

I also speak mostly-fluent French, meaning that I have to pretend I don't for characters like Muggo', and get to have a ball with others, like Timbre Swing.

But they do eat eggs, both in cakes and fried. (Sister Hooves Social).

Yeah. They're a bit funny like that. They use eggs to cook things like muffins or cupcakes, but beyond that, they stick to a pony-ish diets. We've seen Flutteryshy feed fresh to her pets before, but I'm assuming if you're an animal who talks (Cows, sheep, etc.), they may use you, but they're not gonna cut your throat and eat yah. They just might milk you or shave off your wool.

Amusingly, as something of a foodie IRL, I've had escargot before and loved it.

Oh yeah, I love escargot..And I'll try anything...Just as long as it's not pony or people...Or dog. Or kitty....Bunny..I like... :eek: GASP!

I just realised, I'm not sure how big our special effects budget is going to be. I've got a lot of expenditures coming up for fanfics and roleplaying gam,es I'm running. We may have to travel by map to save imagination.

Fan-Fics? Where do you post 'em? We'll have to take a look..and I'm sure the old 'line on the map' montage isn't that expensive. Just need a map, a pen and some snappy travel music. And maybe hire someone to clean up the dotted lines.

Sometimes it's fun to read old fics to see how fans thought certain characters would act or behave in expanded roles, like Luna before she appeared in "Luna Eclipsed". And have you considered putting your FIM stuff on "FIMFiction"? I do like how you can download books into an e-reader format as I generally prefer to read the longer fics on my book-thingie as opposed to staring at my computer... :geek:

I put up one, but compared to fanfiction.net the upload system is a pain to operate.

Side note, I assumed that air-ship launch in Sweet and Elite was from a private dock. It seems to be fanon, at least on this site that air-ships aren't just private luxury toys for the ultra rich, but instead an actual industry. Logically Canterlot and the other major cities must have air-ship ports and all the things that go with it. The Cupid is a Reindeer class fast passenger liner, much larger than the private yacht Rarity launched. I would have figured any-pony would know the name, the same way anyone knows the Queen Elizabeth, or Titannic.

Yeah, I like the set up. Wonder what that building to the right is..And it's in a nice little secluded section near Canterlot. No buildings and ponies for the blimps to crash into if something goes wrong.. I do like how the entrance is caved into a part of the mountain.

830pxmylittleairship.png

And hopefully the Cupid is more QE than Titanic :wail:

But that's not my 'Best Night Ever Extended Edition'... oh, sorry, I thought you were looking for my fics and got that by mistake.

I've read it too, and i must admit it's an excellent representation of Blueblood. Maybe I should re-reead it for my characterisation.

I'm wondering if I'm playing his as too devious and manipulative. Blueblood in canon was, for a social pony, really inept. He has to have the social skills to maintain his position, and yet he didn't bother to use any of them with Rarity. He could have wrapped her around his hoof-tip with the slightest effort and didn't bother.

The only justification I can give is that with Rarity he didn't care, shewas just eye-candy for the night, whereas here he actually needs the other characters for something, so he's restraining himself and using his social judo to get them to do what he wants.

Got the impression that he was just bored and was messing with Rarity..Still, wasn't too keen on having the cake dumped on him. And since we've seen so little of him, he's still pretty safe for interpretation. I've seen him played out as a horrible (but cowardly) villain or he's also shown up as a reluctant hero...