[Hippocamp] Sugar Kelp

sarcatsic

[ Pony Related Character ]

Name: Sugar Kelp (SK)

Species: Hippocampus

Pelt Color: Light sea green

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Curly and chunky aquamarine

Eye Color: Greyed pink

Cutie Mark: A happy blue fish swimming with a happy green fish, with four blue hearts

Physique: His face, tho holds the square-ish shape males usually have, is displayed very femininely. His body is muscular since he swims his entire life.

Residence: Hippocamp Reef

Motivation: Land candies, he'll do almost anything for them

Likes: Riding high surf waves, relaxing on the beach with pony tourists particularly with a bonfire at night, since the sun isn't scorching, land candies, basically any pony food from the land, tho he enjoys kelp too, he enjoys it better with spices from the land.

Dislikes: Sharkoniks (a made up breed of sea ponies with more sharklike traits) being treated like royalty.

Character Summary: I adopted him from Mudbug 8DDD. Unlike the land ponies, the hippocamp were more active at night. They worshiped Princess Luna, for her moon powers were the ones who controlled the tide. It was his knowledge of the land ponies that brought them to this newfound religion, as it were. Being the beloved son of a lord, Sugar Kelp's knowledge was welcomed among his people. Once a month, their whole herd goes up to the surface to sing to the moon. He hopes that one day she'll thank him personally. Despite his passion for Luna, he's a colt-cuddler. He has an eye for male ponies and tries to make it obvious, but his personality is so relaxed, one can rarely tell his true feelings for anything. He speaks with a thick Irish accent.

sugarkelp.png

http://i962.photobuc...com/albums/ae10 ... arkelp.png

• 4 weeks later...

I know this was approved a few weeks ago, but I see a couple of things that were missed.

Firstly, Seaponies and Hippocamps are not the same thing. Your character says Seapony/Hippocampus. Seaponies are not playable, however, Hippocamps are. Because of this, your character cannot live in Seapony Reef, because in this RP, Seaponies do not exist. This was a rule laid down by Ashi before this application was approved.

I also see in the likes that it says, "Transforming into an earth pony". Is this a power that he has? I'm not sure if this would actually be allowed. It doesn't seem to fit in the context of the show. Aqua Drop is another Hippocamp someone RPs, and she has a wheelchair-type harness that she wears to be able to travel on land.

Those are just a couple of things that should be fixed ASAP. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Oops, I fixed it xD I figured treating him like a mermaid would be acceptable, but I guess not. And sorry about the Sea Pony thing. I actually thought that "Hippocamp" would just be translated into "Sea Pony" in this world, without having them be that weird wormy kind of Sea Pony like in G1.

Fellow Hippocamp!! <3

Looks like I'll have to change my signatire from 'equestria's resident hippocamp' to 'ponyville's resident hippocamp"!

And I like the idea of them loving Princess Luna! Never thought of that. Aqua's a bit of a loner - she doesn't really get along with the other 'frou-frou' hippocamps, so she lived out in the open sea until she got washed into Ponyville. :)

• 2 weeks later...