A mechanized Stranger. [ Open to all ]

Grey Steel slowed down when it caught sight of Nemesis. It glided to a landing, before the wings it used, similar to airplane wings in that they did not flap, popped off of the frame, as they were meant for only the one use in this case, as they were fitted onto an Earth Pony body. He turned to Sketch and projected Grey Matter's voice. "Hello. Who are you?"

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ack!" Sketch cried in reply as another robot landed in the crater. His somewhat polite tone marked him as another friendly robot. That didn't stop Sketch from stuttering a little as he replied, "M-m-my name's Sketch. A-a-are you Nemesis's friend?" Sketch turned to Nemesis to gauge his response before acting further.

"No. Well, yes, but only kind of. See, I'm not a robot. You are speaking to a robot, but this sin't me. This is my avatar. I am in Ponyville right now. I figured this was fater than the train. After interfacing with Nemesis for a while, I made some changes to the V2 design, and used it as an avatar to be down there. But yes, Nemesis was my friend, before whateve caused him to lose his memories. He is a very smart pony, he helped design the V2. For just having met two robots, you seem to keep your cool quite well..."

"nightmare night??...ah you can explain it to me later. regardless I would like to accompany you to your destination" after that he noticed something approaching and instinctivly got in front of sketch to keep the unicorn from any harm "you work fast" he said looking at the avatar "something like this should have taken a normal pony a while"

Something happened when the avatar of grey landed two small weapons folded out from his sides between his front and back legs. maybe it was because he felt the need to protect the unicorn. or maybe it was because he still did not fully trust grey

"So you do know each other?" Sketch replied, exhaling the breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding. Then a loud sliding noise followed by the clack of metal signalled two guns deploying from Nemesis, and Sketch's fear returned even stronger than before. "N-n-nemesis? Is he an enemy?" Sketch stuttered again as he backed up. Sketch looked around frantically for something to help and spotted his binoculars still on the cave floor. With a darting look back to the large grey robot, he gulped and enveloped the binoculars in his green aura again, bringing them up in his most threatening pose, which paled in comparison to his robotic buddy's.

(OOC: I hope no one mind if I join in? With the villan post to boot.)

Meanwhile in Manehattan.

The teal colored unicorn trotted alone trought the tunel, deep benath the streets of the city. The walls of stone were cold and wet but it was not the first time the mare was here. Indeed she traveled trought here often, after all she was the "right claw" of her Master. Finaly she made it to the massive, richly encrusted doors. Mare knocked one of the wings precise number of times with her horn and the gates opened. She entered the cave - but it was not the normal grotto - the whole place was sinking in luxury. The stone surfance was not left to nature, instead it was shaped into scenes of ages past. She new that her Master actually was witness of every one of these events. The furniture , stalagmites and stalactites also was decorated with silver. Silver and only silver for Master despised the gold. There were many more wonders within this cave but mare wasted enought time, she moved deeper, guided by few magical lamps here and there. Finaly she was at her destination.

"My Lord" Mare said. In the darkness the pair of ruby red eyes opened. The slitted pupils glared at the newly arrived pony.

"Ah" said the deep yet soft voice in pleased tone "Wood Whisper - timely as alwayssss...what news do you bring my dear Shrashavaska?"

Wood Whisper felt the goosebumps from joy of being prised by her Lord.

"We found him my Lord. Grey, that is. He's at little town of Ponyville."

"Grey? Excellent newssss Shrashavaska, excellent news. Ponyville...hmmm that could be problematic, close to Canterlot yessss." He said and brooded for a moment. "Yessss.He chosen wisely but not wisely enought. Finaly he will be punished." voice said with satisfaction.

"Shall I go and deal with him myself my Lord? Or dispatch our minions to deal with him?" she asked.

"Neither. As I ssssaid my dear Whisper it's too close to Royal Centre for that. No. We will use Bounty Huntersss instead."

" Very well my Lord. The usuall ones?" Wood asked to be sure.

"No. The best ones. There is more in him then meets the eye, we can not risk failure."

"Very well Sir. I will deal with it immediately"

"Of course you will Shrashavaska. After all it's you." the male chuckled a little.

The mare bowed and dissappeared back into darkness. He waited for a moment after whitch he picked a fireheart ruby from a silver bowl with his white claw and took a bite.

" Very soon Grey, very soon. It's a shame really - the pony with your skills.... But you chosed wrong. NO ONE refuses Dragon Lord of Crime. You will pay for your frivolity...it's inevitable."

The white like snow dragon grinned in the darkness and gave a sinister laughter.

( OOC: ooooooooohhh the plot thickens lol welcome! )

Nemesis turned to either side to his surprise "I am armed??" he asked himself and turned to sketch "no no he is not an enemy...he built me apparently but I just cannot remember..."

I just don't know anymore" nemesis was slightly stressed. so much information which he should know already but can't "look can we just go to canterlot or ponyville?? I need to think clearly and been up here is not helping!"

(OC: Hooray! A real antagonist! Welcome to the RP, Ciraxis)

"Oh, uh, sorry about that, Mr. Avatar," Sketch said to the grey robot as he lowered his binoculars gently to the floor. "Things have become rather convoluted," Sketch added. He then turned back to Nemesis, "If he is your creator then maybe you should go with him back to Ponyville. I can cancel my appointment if you want me to go with you, to make sure you're safe and all." Sketch laughed nervously before continuing, "There's other jobs in Canterlot. Besides, I've wanted to visit Ponyville for quite some time now. From up on the mountain, the town always looks so peaceful and care free. I've sketched so many different ponies going about their days without a care. I've just never had any real reason to go. Anyway, If you want me to come with you, then I'm ready and willing." Sketch nodded resolutely, and stared into Nemesis's eyes.

"Well," Says Grey Steel, again projecting the voice of Grey Matter, "In case you didn't notice, I can't get back to Ponyville as quickly as I came. Those wings were one use only, they didn't have enough power for two. That's kind of why they popped off. So, I guess if Canterlot is closer, that is where we had best be headed."

"Very well" he said out loud "we shall go to canterlot!" his wings folded out and his engines began to come to life "Both of you. grab onto my wings and don't let go! were gonna fly down this mountain to canterlot!"

The self repair program did a better job than he expected. his wing feels like brand new like it had been replaced with a better model and his power output had increased by at least 50 percent.

Sketch looked a little crestfallen that once again he wouldn't be going to Ponyville, but then the robot suggested he grab onto his wings. "Seriously? You can fly us there?" Sketch shouted excitedly. His horn lit up green once more as he collected all of his items back into his saddlebags magically and reattached them to his back. Once everything was back in place he grabbed onto the robot tightly. "If you want to head to my place, it's on the East side of town. Look for the Celestia Academy and then turn slightly into town. It's not far from the Academy grounds so we should be safe to land there and then trot the rest of the way."

Nemesis checked and made sure they were both secure "hang on you two" with that nemesis shot off from the mountain a great speed, while he did not break the sound barrier the sound of his engines was enough to show his speed as they roared with life.

Following sketches directions he shot through the streets of canterlot before coming to a complete stop at the location the unicorn told him about "last stop everypony off the nemesis express" he said with intended humor.

Grey Steel's ring popped off, so he could get down. "Well, time to test Grey Steel's legs. This model used panels instead of metal plates. It makes it look sleeker, and allows manipulation of the panels, so that Grey Steel can reform dynamically, in case it is hit, it can move a good panel. Sadly, all these moving parts means it can lock up when it tries to move. I didn't quite have a chance to test walking before."

Grey Steel starts to walk, and is fine for a moment, with some sounds from the back right. After a few steps, two of the plates lock into each other, and the back right is totally immobile. "Darn. Nemesis, I can't see it very well. Can you fix it?"

"Let me get that," Sketch replied for Nemesis as he cast another spell. The panels were covered in the tell-tale green aura and gently pulled apart. Sketch then took the lead. "Okay, if we're heading to my place, then I'll lead the way. That is, unless you had another destination in mind. I rent a workshop in the area where I keep all my tech stuff. I design engineering solutions by trade, so if you want access to some tools for whatever reason we could head there. There's also all the famous landmarks and stuff. Y'know, the Academy itself, the royal castle, the Artificer's Guild, all those places. I've lived here all my life, so I know this town like the back of my hoof. Tell me where you want to go, and we'll go."

"If you don't mind me asking, did you just pull them apart, or fix why they locked up? Or was it a freak accident that could happen whenever? And let's just head to your place. Once I can save up all my programs onto some portable computer, I may uead down myself. And utilize that workshop."

"Umm... they were locked together so I just pulled them apart, did that not fix it? I'm sorry, I've never dealt with technology quite like this. I mean whatever you built here is fantastic. Maybe I'll let Nemesis handle it after all. Then we can head down to my place. It's not the biggest, but it is mine. One of the few detached houses around here too, so it is a bit more secretive."

Nemesis chose to remain silent he had only just noticed that several canterlot residents were staring at him it made him feel uneasy and out of place. He tried to ignore the many eyes looking at him "um...I don't know how to fix that" he said as he glanced over to the ponies again "I'll just carry you to okay?"

"Sorry, I was running measurements. I found the problem, and Nemesis, you can fix it. Your measurements will be more exact. Plate A2BR4 was mislaid, a millimeter closer to plate D34PL, causing the two to lock up. Could you re-set plate A2BR4 for me? I'm packing my bags to head down myself now.

Nemesis does what grey asked as quickly as possible "okay can we go in.,..ponies are staring at me" he said in a rather frightened tone. He was surprised himself...The fact that ponies were looking at him made him uneasy. A design fault purhaps? or maybe its an emotion he can't help but feel

"So, you ready then? I'll take us back to mine," Sketch announced more confidently than he would've in the cave. Things were on his terms now, and he felt much better for it. Though he yearned for the wide open pastures of the country and constantly belittled the cramped confines of the urban metropolis, Sketch had lived in Canterlot his entire life. Canterlot was home. "Ponies will probably stare, but don't worry. As long as that's all their doing then you'll be fine. This is one of the better areas in Canterlot although we shouldn't be surprised if we're stopped by a guard. They should buy the costume lie though, so just let me handle any talking."

With that Sketch set off at a steady canter through the streets. As suspected ponies whispered and stared at the motley group as they passed. Sketch led the group along the streets, narrating as they went. Talking was cathartic to him, but he didn't know if either of his companions were even listening. "That's the old potion shop, I doubt any of their brews'll work on you though," he remarked as they passed an aged but still eloquent building on their trip. "That means we're getting close. Just a few more streets."

"Halt!" A white pegasus mare with strong violet eyes shouted as he approached the trio of ponies. "Is that a robot?"

"No Ma'am. This is just my two friends trying out their Nightmare Night costumes," Sketch replied in a well rehearsed manner.

"Pull the other hoof," the guard said flatly.

Sketch's smile vanished as he turned to his companions for support.

Nemesis approached the white mare " I do apologize if we are causing trouble. Its just that with nightmare night closing in. me and my friends here wanted to give our costumes a test run. And it seems to have worked!"

As he spoke he took a scan "I must have been based on pegasus ponies" he thought to himself "it would explain why I'm fast and have wings..."

"We were just heading back home to get out of these costumes" he added as he stared at the pegasus mare.

The guard narrowed her eyes as she looked over Nemesis in detail. "Hmm... If it is a costume then it is very detailed. I'll tell you what. You prove it's a costume, and you can walk away. I don't want illegal technology within city limits," the guard replied accusingly.

"Well as you can..." Sketch began but was silenced by a shout from the guard.

"Not you! Him!" She pointed at Nemesis again.

"DON'T cut my friend of mid sentence!" Nemesis said suddenly after the pegasus interrupted sketch while he was talking "and I may point out yes it is high detailed and I cannot simply take it off. This outfit was very finely crafted and takes a while to get off and on. You may ask why and my answer is I am very dedicated in celebrating nightmare night. unlike most ponies who just throw on a bit of fabric and call it a costume..

Nemesis showed a bit of frustration not only was he lying but the attitude this pagasus showed was unacceptable, yes he understood that she needed to protect the city but she didn't need to be rude.