A mechanized Stranger. [ Open to all ]

Nemesis stayed behind to watch over the yellow pegasus

"sooooooo" he said to break the silence "tell me about yourself" he said in a cheerful sounding manner, now was a good time to socialize and make more friends in this world of organic ponies.

"Um I mean...unless you want me to go first" he added feeling slightly nervous.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nemesis nodded in interest "potions eh? I have a small fasination with mixing stuff together into something that can boost you're abilities and such" he then noticed her curiosity seems to be focused on greys avatar "Oh. don't worry this machine here is just an avatar of my creator, but it sadly does not have the same self awareness that I have."

Nemesis chuckled alittle once more as he drank up the last drops of the tea through his straw like feature.

Couple hours earlier....

Amazingly advanced airship landed in Everfree Forest.

It was not oridnary job even for her. Rarely anyone posted bounty so hight. Three milion bits! It was not the opurnity that bounty huntress known as "Cleareye" would pass up. Earth Pony mare left most of her equipment near edge of the forest on the tree and followed to investigate the Ponyville. She rearranged hat on her head. It was not her first time here - nope - it was fourth actually. Ponyville was nice town and even Cleareye would avoid exchange of fire if possible. Still the job is the job, and sentimentality never was a obstacle for her. Asking otherponies abount the stallion on the photo she finaly found the right place. The doors was closed but it was to be expected, she just breaked inside from the window. Cleareyes efforts was in vain however - it looked like Grey left - and in hurry to boot. Blue mare was investigating the house for clues when suddenly she heard a loud bump coming from the entrance. Somepony forced himself into! She pulled submachine guns from her satchels and moved slowly to intecept the intruder - "Much like myself" she noted, it could mean only one thing - competition. When only door frame was between her and the hallway she lunged herself to the side, landing on the floor and pointing her guns forward. Cleareye fastened her eyes in the stranger...and gave herself sigh of relief. That was no stranger nor the enemy.

"By Celestia, Frenzy! You startled me!"

In the hallway stood really impresive minotaur. Really impresive. The Iron Will who visited this town not so long ago was like, half of this guy! Two giantic battle axes hanged from his back, the magical runes glowed on metalic surfences.

"Ho! Cleareye! Sorry. Didn't expecting ya here. Not so fast at least."

"Well good to be you. I was thinking it was that nutjob brothers."

"Oh? You don't know? They gone!"

"What?" she screamed in surpraise.

"Yup! They got commision on some noble buffon from Aquellia, baron or something like that. But it was more then they could chew. It turned out he was no slouch and they got there flanks kicked. Few day later and...." he finished by moving his finger across throat.

"Can't say I didn't saw that coming. Anyway...I assume you for here the same reson as I do, right?"

"Yup". Frenzy said pulling the photography identical to one Cleareye's " Pretty strange if you ask me. That much bits and they wan't him alive? Well I am not complaning".

" But I do. Out of luck, he's gone".

" Oh....too bad. Any ideas?" he asked.

" Like I would give you. Besides, I found nothing. And I have no clues either."

The last line was a lie actually, Cleareye still had a few ideas where Grey Matter could have gone to. But no sense of saing that. Even to somepony you could label a "friend".

" Ahhh darn it. Just my luck. I will get him anyway." Frenzy made a shorte pause browsing the room. "Or maybe you want - you know - to team up? Just like the old times?" he asked. Mare gave him a troubled look. She worked with Frenzy in the past, she also worked against him. Both of them crossed each others paths so often that they lost the count. After some time something one could name a friendly rivaly was formed. Three milion on two would still be astronomical sum but...

" Not yet Frenzy. I want to try him personaly. Check how hard he is." she explained.

The minotaur gave a understanding nod." Well maybe later then. Good luck". he said and left.

Running into Frenzy cheered mare a bit. Cleareye waited for a moment and left to ask ponies at the train station. It was after all - not counting his own hooves - the only way he could leave the town.

Sketch beamed as he heard the instantly recognisable voice of Grey Steel. He turned to face the new arrival who introduced himself as Grey Matter and shook his hoof. "So I finally meet the pony behind the machines? Do you want to head back to Nemesis? Of course you do. Why don't you follow me then," Sketch turned around and started to trot back to the house. "Is this your first time in Canterlot?" Sketch asked as they trotted along the cobblestone streets.

(( Silverswirl go for it. think you will be the last character to join in on this because I think an RP with over 5 people may get out of control lol ))

Nemesis felt a bit out of place, he struck up a small conversation with the yellow pegasus but it quickly died down. he looked around the room then decided to turn on the big box thing that sketch called a TV he pressed a button on the remote with his metal hoof and a show came on "a history of canterlot" he said to himself. Good. Now he can learn a bit more about this city.

"It's a heck of a town. When you've got the time, I could give you a tour. For now though I think it's best to hurry on back to the house." Sketch suddenly stopped as once again his manners kicked in. "Oh, you've got a lot of bags there, do you need a hoof?"

"That would be nice, thank you. I have pretty much of my lab in here, so I can still totally run Grey Steel. If you want, I can teach you, mock up some plans for your own. Just to use when you yourself can't leave. Or, when I have the coding figured out, make another friend like Nemesis. I mean, if you want?" Said Grey, trying to find a way to thank Sketch.

A great clanking noise could be heard as an ancient robotic pony activated. He was covered in dust, but in excellent outward condition as it still looked brand new. The chassis and plating made from an ancient alloy. The knowledge to create it lost over the ages. The whirring and clanking continued, as the hard drives came online one by one, as it made a sound through it's voice synthesizer of a deep inhale and exhale. "I am Zynk, at your service.", it said to nopony and got to it's hooves.

Running a full diagnostic would take a few minutes, so Zynk started to walk out of the alley beside the train station which lead to the junkyard as the reboot diagnostic scan gave the results:

Engine: Optimal

Power Reserves: 25%, recommend solar charging,

Internal data corruption:

A:/ Drive: 0%

B:/ Drive: 0%

C:/ Drive: 0%

D:/ Drive: 0%

E:/ Drive: 0%

External damage: 10% loss of efficiency in the right rear leg, all other areas in optimal condition.

Satellite Uplink: Ready

Other:

Oiling recommended

Weapon maintenance recommended

The diagnostic complete, Zynk sighed and said, "I need a mechanic and some oil...". Scanning his immediate vicinity, aural sensors picking up the conversation between Grey Matter and Sketch. Hearing the words lab and coding, Zynk laughed at his good fortune as it seemed that some technological progress had been made since the fall of the Ancients and his hibernation but it seemed that somepony was making an effort to advance robotic technology and had created another AI, with the spark of life within it.

Isolating Grey Matter in the crowd, Zynk trotted over, his right rear leg making a terrible racket of whirrs and clanks. Reaching Grey and Sketch, he asked with a smile on his olive green metallic face, "Are you a scientist specializing in robotics? I may need your talents to perform some repairs and to replenish my oil reserves." The power alarm went off as his core hit 10% reserves and Zynk said, "Give...me....a....moment." and his solar panels were unveiled and the alarm ceased. "This world is so much different from when I hibernated, the name is Zynk and I am a combat robot, unicorn model."

Sketch took around half of the bags off of Grey and placed them on his own back. "That'd be great. It'll be fascinating to actually get to know how those robot ponies work. They are so impressive, did you develop them on your own?" Sketch asked as he worked. Once the bags were loaded he noticed that Grey Matter still hadn't replied, so he looked back up again to see yet another robot hobbling over from a darkened alleyway. This one seemed different however, the metals used looked tougher, and he swore he could pick up traces of magical energy coming from the machine. If it had been yesterday, then Sketch would probably have run away screaming. Today though, he'd already gone through the "Ah! It's a killer robot!" thing twice. This time he just couldn't be bothered. The robot introduced itself as Zynk and engaged Grey Matter in conversation.

"Th-th-that-this-YOU! Zynk? The mythical Zynk?!? Here? My Celestia! Sketch! This is what got me into robotics! A creature of myth, they said it couldn't be done! They said not then, not even now! Well, I did it now, and clearly...SOMEPONY did it then! Granted, the drives may be relatively small...and battery is probably less than ideal, not in power, but in capacity. Assuming this thing was built with the same space as Nemesis and Grey Steel, if it went to sleep mode with 1%, it could easily read 25% now. Only because, long storage at any battery level below 100% can ruin a battery. Should be running out right about now, if I'm right. No matter, we can replace it. Zynk? If I can find anything you don't have...mind if I upgrade you? It would mean SOOOOO much to me!"

Zynk was pleasantly surprised by Grey Matter's outburst at his appearance and let out a friendly laugh. At the mention of his battery being practically ruined and his drives being smaller, Zynk snorted and replied, "I am of the Ancients! In your excitement, have you forgotten that technology of the Ancients is of the highest grade? Then again, if anypony knew of the Ancients and their work, I would have seen something like that yet. But it wouldn't hurt to have my battery checked.... I also need my weapons checked as well." Feeling reenergized, Zynk's eyes brightened and he waved a hoof at Grey's companion. At the mention of Nemesis and Grey Steel, he asked, "You've succeeded?! I am no longer alone! May I see them and scan them? Oh and yes, you may perform work on me, considering you have managed to create an AI and I could use a few upgrades...."

"Well, here's the thing, Nemesis...his personality is a glitch. I made a mistake with his battery core, and he shouldn't exist, but my hoof must have slipped in programming, and I gave him a personality. I meant to do that, but I just don't know how I did it yet. I need to run through his code, but where his batery is, it should have fried his D:/ drive right away, his personality pushed him through it. And Grey Steel...technologically, it is superior even to Nemesis, and outward design wise, even you, as I used plates on him. But...he is just an avatar. A way for me to be where I can't be. But Nemesis is like you, and once I figure out where I messed up, I can make more like you."

Zynk's expression of excitement faded and he said, "If you need to, you may look at my code, but I am intrigued by these events. Grey Steel is superior to Nemesis but doesn't have that spark that Nemesis and I have and is basically a terminal to the outside world for you. I hope that you can figure it out and make more of us....". He had a look of sorrow on his face as he then added, "There used to be thousands of us.... We each had a unique name and purpose stamped into our chassis but most of us were destroyed in the ancient war with the Dark Dragon... And even more of us died due to lack of available maintenance supplies until only I was left... I slept then, for many years until the dark Alicorn, Zeon came to life and threatened the world and I was awakened by a swordspony and his many friends to fight with them and lock him away.... It's been so long since I could speak with another of my kind, please just lead the way at once! I must give him the knowledge I possess!" As he spoke that last line, he gave a look to Grey and a determined expression was on his metallic face.

"Alright. And, you mentioned the ancients. Doubtless they had the technology I do, but the question is, do they have the ideas I do? For instance, doubtless you have some manner of self repair, as do Nemesis and Grey Steel, but they use nanobots to repair them, and my assumption is you simply have miniature arms to self repair, but I may be wrong. Thats just the drawings they used in school. Also, Grey Steel uses movable panels, as opposed to plates of metal. They can dynamically reform, changing his stance and design dramatically as needed. To put those on you, however, would take a while. Also, did the ancients ever consider DES? It is my own system, that acts as the digestive system in a pony. It is able to make energy out of typical pony food." Said Grey, as they apporoached the house. "I'll get my mobile lab set up, and if you have your blueprints in your memory, could you upload them to me? That way I can match you up, and see IF I can add anything.

Zynk followed them with a slight limp, his batteries fully charged now as he replied, "I cannot answer for them, as they no longer exist. That is a quite interesting arrangement with dynamic plate shifting but the Ancients had considered it and I have some of that programming in my forehooves as a prototype weapon." He raised a forehoof and the plates shifted, creating a sword and then a shield. "Like that?", he asked.

All these ideas Grey had excited Zynk, many of them the Ancients had considered but scrapped as he answered the repair question, "I was built with the ability to regenerate from damage magically and I'll demonstrate". His metallic horn glowing, he called upon the magic crystal embedded in it to shunt magic power to repair his rear leg, the grinding gears and damaged servos instantly repaired and Zynk smiled to Grey. "I am a highly experimental prototype model robot. I hope you can do what you say you can do for me.", he added as they reached the front door.

Sketch found himself forced into the role of guide as he led the two excitably chatting pony based lifeforms. *Were robots lifeforms? It has intelligent programming. It simulates life, but is it truly life?* Sketch shrugged as the prospect of a prolonged philosophical debate with himself. There were much better ways to spend his time. The two were now engaged in a degree of technobabble that Sketch didn't even understand. The two followed him regardless as they drew ever closer to home. A pressing pain in his lower back reminded him that he was carrying Grey's heavy bags, and hadn't worked out in forever. Sometimes being an artist/designer had its disadvantages. When he was engrossed in his work he had a tendency to miss meals too, so he wasn't exactly the healthiest of ponies.

He looked up to see the house standing just up the street. He trotted up to it and stopped to turn to the two ponies who were still busily engrossed in their discussion. "We're here. I'm sure you both want to see Nemesis right away. He should still be in the front room with Grey Matter's avatar robot, Grey Steel, and a mare named Insanity Dash," Sketch blurted out the second there was a lull in their conversation. The two nodded in unison. Sketch pushed open the door and held it open as the two entered. "They're just in there," he said in his best hosting voice. "You can leave your bags here," he added politely as he levitated the cases he had taken and placed them on the floor, watching Grey Matter do the same. The two ponies then trotted into the front room. Sketch closed the door and followed them in. "Feel free to make yourselves at home. Can I get you anything?" he asked the room. He then noticed that Insanity was missing. A mixed cheer/sigh left his mouth. He actually wasn't sure how to feel. Once again he was confused and frustrated. The solution was clear. "Anypony want any tea?"

"Thank you for your hospitality and allowing us into your home.", Zynk said politely as he crossed the threshold and entered Sketch's home. His sensors picking up the attractant pheromones in the air and inquired, "Who is wearing that perfume or ingested a love potion on here? It reeks of pheromones in here!" He also picked up the odor of oil and ozone. This odor excited Zynk, as it said a functioning robot had been or is still here!

Not waiting for Grey Matter, Zynk rushed into the front room and immediately spotted Nemesis watching a program on the history of Canterlot. "A Pegasus model robot. You must be Nemesis as you are currently active and the other one is off. I am Zynk, experimental unicorn combat robot. According to Grey Matter, in this era I am a creature of myth, the first of our kind. And you must be Nemesis, right?", Zynk said excitedly as he lifted a metallic hoof to shake his, a smile on his face.

Nemesis turned to see a new robot pony "well I'll be" he said as he got off the sofa and approached the new machine "wow" he said in awe "it's like you're older than me...but at the same time more advanced!" he looked as Zynk offered his metalic hoof and nemesis returned the gesture "Yes I am Nemesis" he turned to where insanity once was "and this is....um...where did she go??" he asked himself