Pony Joes RP

Re; the Pony Joe thread here.

I'm starting this so we can get everyone currenlty playing there (or who have been invited by neccesity) on the same page and brainstorm about the events going on there. -Especially with Pumpkin Cake.

MuffinTop and Tempest Rime are being invited to this as the players of Carrot Cake and Pinkie Pie, respectively.

My pegasus, Candy Catch-em has a tentative plan on sending the air yacht she had arm twisted a customer into providing for transport of a Mantacore (not yet loaded), into a sudden side trip to pick up one of the parents or someone Pumpkin trusts to come and get her.

I'm game for whatever is most fun and interesting for the characters (and players) in the thread; I certainly don't want to overwhelm the story with this new get-Pumpkin-home plot point if we want a more focused slice-of-life setting for the Doughnut Shop thread. I know the knee jerk is for Pumpkin to be a pain in the flank (as per her behavior in Baby Cakes), but I think it should be understood that she can also be a sweet and well-behaved little filly as well, that can add flavor and depth to a roleplay instead of forcing every character into a foalsitting role.

I would also like the Doughnut Shop to be a place for SRG to hone her RPing skills -- she's still learning the subtleties of how to do so properly, and any support in doing this from other players would be very much appreciated!

I'm still a bit confused as to why Carrot Cake can't be in Canterlot as well? I think it kinda makes more sense for her to have just gotten seperated from him while in Canterlot as opposed to her suddenly just ending up in Canterlot. It makes things a lot less complicated too.

In my OP, Pumpkin was accidentally shipped to the Doughnut Shop from Sugarcube Corner in a sugar box. I suppose Carrot could have made the delivery himself and might figure out his daughter is missing. (There seems to be a lot of missing foals around lately!)

It's sort of hard to join in an open RP thread with a baby foal, so I figured that would make a lot more sense than suddenly raiding a thread with her with no reason why she'd be there.

In my OP, Pumpkin was accidentally shipped to the Doughnut Shop from Sugarcube Corner in a sugar box. I suppose Carrot could have made the delivery himself and might figure out his daughter is missing. (There seems to be a lot of missing foals around lately!)

It's sort of hard to join in an open RP thread with a baby foal, so I figured that would make a lot more sense than suddenly raiding a thread with her with no reason why she'd be there.

Yeah, it might be a good idea to have Carrot Cake make the delivery himself, if it doesn't disrupt continuity that is.

Alternatively he could be making a delivery and find Pumpkin. Wouldn't that be a surprise?

Keep in mind I made my original post in this thread on May 27th at 11:11 AM and you were approved for Carrot mere minutes later -- but probably before either of us knew you had him.

I'm game for slice-of-life OR Pumpkin Cake Disaster, as long as my skills as an RPer are improved through the process. Although, I've gotten a few messages from players asking if my RP is still open, or if it would be okay for them to join.

Carrot Cake already being in Canterlot, having just delivered the sugar and other items, does make sense. :)

Ponies asking to join in is a good sign at least, if you feel up to having more drop in right away. Players will probably drop in and out of the thread just like a real donut shop as they run out of reasons to be there.

At the least, the Pony Joe RP thread will be a good springboard for me to launch a thread later where Candy is taking the Manticore mentioned in-game out to the far side of the Everfree for release.

Well, if Carrot Cake is already IN Canterlot, you could send the Professor out on a flight to try to locate him, if that's how you want to play it.

I'm actually thinking that it might make more sense for him to be in Canterlot to sample the local cuisine, maybe get some ideas for his own business. I mean deliveries don't exactly sound like the Sugar Cube Corner's thing. Maybe he brings Pumpkin along with him and at some point she just slips away while he's distracted?

Sounds like a winner to me! If Carrot Cake started looking from street to street, he'd spot Pumpkin Cake riding on the Professor's back.

Pony Joe was serving Professor Klashklop and Candy, both pegasi. Pumpkin broke out of a sugar box in back, went to the front of the shop and climbed on top of a shelf, then fell into a pile of doughnuts and made a huge mess. She then walked across more doughnuts and squirted everyone with their fillings, was caught and given a bath while Joe cleaned up. Tiny came in and bought doughnuts. Pumpkin then hopped on the Professor's back while everypony tried to figure out what to do with her. That's where we are, though there are probably more story details I'm missing off the top of my head.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's see...So Carrot just entered the shop, and found Pumpkin on top of the Professor. Pony Joe could probably relay what happened with Pumpkin to Carrot, emphasis on the destruction of doughnuts, the big mess, etc. That's probably what I would do, but you are free to do as you like -- what would be the most natural turn of events in this roleplay, and how can it be made more interesting? The focus doesn't have to be on Pumpkin -- Joe is a pony of business, after all, and SCC is his competition.

They might meet as friendly rivals. (Oh...it's you, Carrot. What brings you all the way from Ponyville? Here to try some of my pastries?)

Relief? (Thanks for taking your daughter off my hooves! She could be quite a cake decorator when she gets older based on how she coated my shop with doughnut goo!)

Or maybe might become business partners? (Check out these doughnuts! I'll share the recipe with you, but you have to tell me how you get your cupcake frosting so fluffy.)

• 3 weeks later...