Video game musical scores!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

These aren't all necessarily epic, but you did ask for some of the best musical scores I've heard...

The entire Warhawk soundtrack. Here are a few of my favourite tracks.

This soundtrack features heavy brass, and has a somewhat militaristic feel. It has many grand orchestral pieces to compliment the brass and symbolize the flight of a pilot in a plane. The game is named for the Warhawk which is an incredibly maneuverable plane, a joy to fly, and a nightmare to defeat unless you're actually talented... which I'm not.

Clear Skies. One of the tracks that played in the menu, against a backdrop high above the clouds.

The Warhawk. This is the main title theme.

Archer's Run. Possibly my favourite track in the entire soundtrack.

. This is a bonus from the spiritual successor to Warhawk. It's got a sort of futuristic western feel, which is appropriate given that the game is set in a sort of western style game with plenty of futuristic tech.

The inFamous soundtrack is great, but I think that in general, the only people who will really appreciate it are those who have played and loved the game like I have. The songs; particularly the last few, carry a powerful message that you completely miss if you've never played it. This is probably true for most game soundtracks, though.

This soundtrack features many unorthodox percussion instruments, to create a heavy urban feeling. The game is set in a city, and you are a superhero with electric superpowers.

. This plays at the beginning and during the final boss fight.

. The final cutscene, in which you find out a shocking truth.

. This plays in the very last part of the game, after you've beaten the final boss, and the main character is talking about his life as a result of what happened in the game. It always makes me feel a bit sad.

That certainly holds true for this next game... Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I get a terrible feeling of nostalgia every time I listen to these, and I have to go play the game. The last one in particular is hard for me to listen to, despite it being so good... because of what I associate the track with.

As a Star Wars game, you should expect a grand soundtrack. While not in the same style as John Williams, this music stands up very well on its own, and still fits in well with the Star Wars universe.

. Plays periodically around events involving Bastila.

. Plays during Dantooine outside of the Jedi Temple. It's very unique, and it's easy for me to recognize.

. I first heard this after Bastila... you know if you've played the game. Manaan was the last planet I went to. This song is depressing for me to hear because of that.

Jedi Consular. This is a bonus from the SWTOR MMO. The game isn't really as good as KotOR, but it's still enjoyable. The music is absolutely beautiful as well. I love the small flute pieces.

I'd also like to share a few songs from LittleBigPlanet. The style varies greatly from stage to stage, but this game had me smiling the whole way through.

As I said, the style for this game varies greatly.

. Quite possibly the happiest song in the game, and one of the most cheerful songs I've heard. It's a pleasure to listen to, and it makes me wish I could play the flute. Sadly, I'm a drummer... I think I'm a sucker for flutes...

. The exact opposite of the last one; this one is depressing and lonely... in a good way.

. The sort of theme for LBP. This one is just fun.

I could go on for a long time, but I'll end with Minecraft... The music is so simple, but it works incredibly well.

The music of Minecraft is very simple. Often it begins quietly and with only a few things going on at once. It gradually builds and adds in more instruments, then slowly fades away. It is not incredibly complex, but it compliments Minecraft perfectly.

(song title, nothing to do with mice) This track starts off very softly, but gradually builds.

Some of my all-time favorite video game scores include the music Michael Giacchino composed for the Medal of Honor series. Personal favorite tracks of mine from the series include Panzer Attack (MOH), Amongst the Dead (MOH: Underground), Panzer Blockade (MOH:U), Operation Overlord (MOH: Allied Assault), Sniper's Last Stand (MOH:AA), Return to Fort Schmerzen (MOH:AA), Arnhem (MOH: Frontline), Sturmgeist's Armored Train (MOH:F), and Wreckage of Nijmegen (MOH: Airborne)

I'm insulted that no one has posted any Zelda yet! :-o XD

Every single Zelda song known to man. Or, at least every song that Koji Kondo composed for Mario and Zelda.

These ones make me want to cry:

And this may not be in the games, but I must have it in this list.

Definitely the best version of the Zelda menu Theme.

Agreed. The use of the other instruments besides the harp, especially the violins make this the best version of Fairy Fountain! X3

Now, have some Minecraft music. The Piano and Calm themes are my favorite, 'cause they make the game so peaceful and serene. Tis be a shame that they removed some of these songs. The last one was the first song I ever heard while playing the game.

I don't see no Gourmet Race. ಠ_ಠ

And a remix for fun. :3

You're doing the remixes wrong. Best Gourmet Race remix is "Snoop's Dreamland" on YouTube. Can't post due to HEAVILY NSFW language. But it's there.

• Like 1