Video game musical scores!

I recently started to wonder just what some of the most epic songs in video games are. So I decided to make a discussion as to what everyone thinks are some of the best musical scores they have heard in games :D

Personally for me it has to be Kameo Elements of Power! :D

Okami is like Zelda, but replace Link with a wolf goddess. You can pause the game at any time and draw on the environment with a paintbrush, and different strokes do different things.

. Actually everything about it is pretty amazing. If you ever pick it up, I recommend the Ps2 version over the Wii, as the paintbrush is easier to wield.

Jeremy Soule is one of my all time favourite composers, so his video game work is amazing. I routinely hike to songs from

and

Because I have a love for metal and rock, Brutal Legend had a great OST as well. The music is amazing in a

Metro 2033 is one of my favourite games of all time, and its soundtrack is stellar. It is incredibly atmospheric, and plays mostly during the introduction to each chapter, and sets the tone for it to follow. Listen to this one, Ghost, and you can tell the level ahead is not going to be a very pleasant one (In fact, it's my favourite level in the entire game).

Finally, there's Inun Zur, the composer of the barely-noticed Fallout 3 OST. Everybody knows the wacky Galaxy News Radio playlist of catchy '50s tunes, and Enclave Radio's patriotic American music, but so few people pay attention to the background music, the ambient stuff, which is amazingly done, IMO. Here's one of the tracks, which the uploader named

...sadly, most of Zur's tracks are un-named, which I find to be a travesty.

Those are just some of the ones I can remember, as I loved them most. A lot of time music either falls flat for me, or just fades into the background.

Yeah, the Fallout and Bioshock games just have some wonderful music, both the background music (Garry Schyman for the win!) , and the olde timey music. I used to play the soundtracks for these games at my store and I'd be surprised to see younger guys (Mid to early teens) pop in the store and be liking the music. Kids, liking Bobby Darwin and or Bob Crosby?Aren't all great people named Bob? :20:

<Sight> Another one of this hard questions? I can write about Video Games Music for hours.

Skyrim -

(and everything else Jeremy Soule ever made - he himself can makes 3 pages long list of awesome music)

Arkham City -

Halo 3 - One Final Effort

Tekken 3 - Jin Kazama (both Arranged and Arcade)

Vagrant Story - half of the soundtrack here

Final Fantasy VII - same here

Final Fantasy IX - and here (altrought i like "Terra" and "Place of Memory" the most)

Valkyrie Profile -

and
(Oh Lezard, how I love thee!)

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War -

Ok, enought for now.

<Sight> Another one of this hard questions? I can write about Video Games Music for hours.

Skyrim -

(and everything else Jeremy Soule ever made - he himself can makes 3 pages long list of awesome music)

Arkham City -

Halo 3 - One Final Effort

Tekken 3 - Jin Kazama (both Arranged and Arcade)

Vagrant Story - half of the soundtrack here

Final Fantasy VII - same here

Final Fantasy IX - and here (altrought i like "Terra" and "Place of Memory" the most)

Valkyrie Profile -

and
(Oh Lezard, how I love thee!)

Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War -

Ok, enought for now.

I agree with all of them! :D Although for Halo I would have chose The Rock Anthem for Saving the World!

This time I will write about the Soul series from Namaco:

Soul Edge/Blade: The best intro ever - Edge of Soul that is. Both

and
versions.

In regards to individual character thems - cake goes to Cervantes for the

and it's
version. Other special awards goes to
(screw you Yun Seong!) and

Soul Calibur: This time IMO intro was disappointing. First Calibur does not posses as might soundtrack as Edge/Blade. Still...

Cervantes once again does not fail us coming with

. Sophitia this time is really badass -
- as is Mitsurugi with his
theme. Last mention goes to Maxi and his

Soul Calibur II: This time we got bonda fine

In regard of the themes - Diamond Trophy goes to my favourite theme of the series Brave Sword, Braver Soul. Confrontation the Lakeside Coliseum theme is close second. The last (but not the Last!) goes to Eternal Struggle from Pirate Alcove stage (whitch proves that Cervantes is THE MAN).

Soul Calibur III:

Some good themes are brought back (Confrontation, Sailing Over The Strom). In regards of the new one's - Wings of Despair and Time Marches On (this stage is pure genius!)

I enjoyed the music from the Streets of Rage series immensely.

Example: The Return of Mr. X from Streets of Rage 2. It's the music that plays in the final boss battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUfCnMeF-XA