Sonic the Hedgehog General Thread

When did Sonic CD get re-released? I need to acquire it as I have tried emulating it but couldn't get the CUE sheet to work. No music is no fun. I've played Chaotix as well. Now I will admit to getting tarped by the spinning barrel back in the day, but not long enough to get a time over death lol...

Several months ago, it was released to like every platform. It's a quality remake too -- Sega hired a fan to recode the engine (it's fantastic how well the game runs -- better than the original!), with both JP and NA OSTs, and the option to play as Tails after completing it.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow sonic sure brings back a lot of memories. Long fun hours of playing in front of the genesis.

By far SonicCD made the biggest impression on me, mainly for the opening movie, and also the figure 8 leg dash. It was so much cooler than the spindash, it just made him look great to not be rolled up into a ball. It's a bummer so many people haven't played it!

I even own "Sonic Jam"...somewhere. I own a saturn and a lot of exceptionally rare games for it *even panzer dragoon saga* Sonic Jam *for saturn* had a lot of the games emulated, and a bunch of little director cut fun tidbits to watch. The main catch to me was the extended "Sonic Warrior" Intro to sonic CD. Man we got jipped the first time around! Both soundtracks for the intro were great, but sonic warrior feels about twice as long animation wise. And the quality was vastly, VASTLY superior. I haven't seen anything of the new release so I'm not sure if it has it.

I did play sonic adventure to death though, it was really well crafted. But sadly I feel console gaming as a whole has faltered off, I literally cannot find enough good games I would want to play to warrent buying a new console. I suppose some are getting close though *after four or more years of being out sheesh* So other than sonic heroes, *which kinda killed my interest in sonic, I didn't find it very fun.* I haven't really played any of the sonics after sonic adventure.

Surprisingly, this thread does bring back memories for me :-|

One of the earliest games I can remember playing was the original Sonic, despite it being a bit old for me since my cousin's owned a Genesis, or Megadrive, I forget what it was called in Europe :/

But after that, Sonic games fell under the radar for me...I did pick a few up though, mostly on compilation discs for the PS2, and I really enjoyed them, Sonic CD and Sonic and Knuckles in particular...And now I'm having memories of Sonic R... :sleep:

Although I never did get into more modern Sonic games, I played Unleashed one weekend out of pure impulse and didn't even touch Sonic '06 after the horror stories I heard. I got Sonic Generations last Christmas and found it to be really good :D But I did feel the last few levels dragged on a bit which didn't leave me much intensive to play anymore, I never even replay the Planet Wisp level anyway. And finally, I did find Generations final boss to be...a bad way to end it :/ Everything else was good but that boss was just...ugh.

Well that's my opinion anyway :D

name='kunio18' timestamp='1340032403' post='217457']

cant beat sonic 3 and knuckles its just the best one, period

I full heartedly agree.
name='Conor Colton' timestamp='1340033285' post='217471']

Surprisingly, this thread does bring back memories for me :-|

One of the earliest games I can remember playing was the original Sonic, despite it being a bit old for me since my cousin's owned a Genesis, or Megadrive, I forget what it was called in Europe :/

But after that, Sonic games fell under the radar for me...I did pick a few up though, mostly on compilation discs for the PS2, and I really enjoyed them, Sonic CD and Sonic and Knuckles in particular...And now I'm having memories of Sonic R... :sleep:

Although I never did get into more modern Sonic games, I played Unleashed one weekend out of pure impulse and didn't even touch Sonic '06 after the horror stories I heard. I got Sonic Generations last Christmas and found it to be really good :D But I did feel the last few levels dragged on a bit which didn't leave me much intensive to play anymore, I never even replay the Planet Wisp level anyway. And finally, I did find Generations final boss to be...a bad way to end it :/ Everything else was good but that boss was just...ugh.

Well that's my opinion anyway :D

I also noticed that the last two levels seem to be just a tad too long. The final boss was definetly a bust as well. But those things aside, Generations was fantastic. I especially enjoyed the perfect chaos boss fight. It was just too cool.

Yeah, they were definitely too long.

On Planet Wisp I mostly ended up turning off the game due to pure boredom, which was admittedly a stupid move since I had to resit the same parts again and again and again whenever I wanted to beat it, which led me not beating the game until a few months after Christmas...

Now that isn't normal for me :-|

Ahhh. Memories!

I was always a huge Sonic fan, back in the day. I remember being about 8 and seeing the first edition of "Sonic the Comic" on the shelf at the local Tesco. Was pretty bad, looking back at the early issues (and some of the later ones) but I loved it all the same. Did anyone else read those? Or, did you ever read a Sonic novel called "In Robotnik's Laboratory"? Basically a published fanfic. Terrible dialogue (it was written in the 90s, so the word "bodacious" is actually used) and a very bizzare storyline (Three words: Sonic the Toaster) but was well worth a read.

My first Sonic game was the Game Gear version of Sonic 2 (Game Gear was highly underrated). I think the last Sonic game I thought was really good was Sonic Advance 3. I did try Sonic Rush on the DS, but it was pretty meh.

Random question: Eggman or Robotnik?

(Hint: The second one)

Archived