Siegfried [Final]

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Siegfried the Brave (or just Siegfried) (color tag, Brown)

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Gold

Coat Color: ​ Grayish- Brown

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Mane is mostly blown backwards, Tail is slightly long and shaggy, Color is Black and dark grey. His left eye has a vertical scar running down through it, because of a strike from a manticore's barbed tail. Also has alot of bruises, scars and a chipped ear, for his job is not the safest in Equestria.

Physique: Stocky and well built. Medium size.

Cutie Mark: A black, manticore paw-print.

Origin/Residence: Born in Stalliongrad, but then retreated to the surrounding woodlands as a hermit, where he started his business.

Occupation: Owns a small business in the surrounding woodlands of Stalliongrad, near the River Stadia. He works as a creature tamer.

Motivation: He loves to sing, and he enjoys what he does for a living. But hopes that someday he will find a mate, who loves and accepts him for who he is.

Likes: ​Singing (although not very good at it), Apple cider, hunting for dangerous creatures, sleeping, collecting rare items, eating, helping ponies, and flying.

Dislikes: Being sick, getting injured, being interrupted, bad jokes, sour people, losing customers, bananas.

Virtues: Very good humored and mirthful, funny, and skilled tracker. He also makes the best tarts in all of Equestria.

Flaws: Can be loud and obnoxious, and annoying and at times, can also show extreme affection towards good friends, hugging them, and kissing them on the cheek.

Character Summary: ​ Siegfried was part of a rich family, his mother passed away at a very young age. So he lived with his father, along with his twin and older brothers. Siegfried was a minority in his family. His father ran a very wealthy company of selling wagon wheels in Stalliongrad. His older brother was a high-ranking Major in the Stallian Guard. His twin brother was a very intelligent pony, who had flawless grades in all his classes, and was an amazing artist. Who was Siegfried? He was a strange and independent pony, who was seriously lacking in skill. He was very scrawny at the time, he was getting spectacularly bad grades, who could barely get past the simple stick-figure. Plus he was very mischievous in school, and always got himself in trouble. Because of that, poor blank-flanked Siegfried was relentlessly battered with the usual "Why can't you be more like your big-brother" and the "Why cant you be more like your twin-brother" speeches every day of his waking life. Until he had enough. He had enough of being a nobody, enough of being lost in the shadows of his superior brothers...

So he ran away.

He ran, because he wanted to be free from what other ponies thought of him, he ran because he could finally live a life without shame, because his brothers were infinitely better than him. He was happy, he was free...

And he was lost, very lost. The woods surrounding Stalliongrad was big and scary. And Siegfried had nowhere to go. But Siegfried quickly recollected himself, and attempted to use the survival techniques he learned from his big brother. It worked, and by nightfall, Siegfried was sleeping next to his own meager fire, providing little warmth and sleeping in a uncomfortable makeshift sleeping mat. Siegfried hated it, but still strongly prefers it over his old life back in Stalliongrad. It's been nearly a week now, and Siegfried was still trying to survive in the wild. He had already made a successful campfire, and a survival tent out of sticks and leaves, and he left to gather water, when he came back, something was rummaging through his supplies...

A Manticore.

Siegfried saw the animal, but luckily, it didn't see him. To his utter demise, the Manticore was defacing his campsite, and eating his food! Siegfried suddenly felt an emotion of anger well up inside of him. Steaming with rage, he stomped out off the bushes to confront the beast. He was so furious, at the time, he didn't care if he'd get hurt by the Manticore. Siegfried puffed out his chest, and yelled out as loud as he could.

"Hey!"

The beast ceased his activities, then growling furiously, he turned to face the colt. Siegfried's anger suddenly turned to absolute horror. What in Celestia was he actually thinking? He still managed to maintain his maintain his shouting, after all, if he's going to die, he might as well die yelling!

"What are you doing, you stupid kitty, that's my stuff you're destroying there! Stop it, right now!"

With that, Siegfried closed his eyes shut, and awaited the worst. In a final attempt to save his life, he said one more thing...

"Please?"

After what seemed like the longest fifteen seconds of his life, Siegfried finally opened his eyes, to see an unbelievable sight. The Manticore was curled up on the floor, and was whimpering with a sullen and resentful face. Still weary about the situation, Siegfried gingerly patted the Manticore's back.

"Um, its okay?"

Siegfried was still unaware of what to make of the situation. But before the Pegasus could back away, the Manticore outstretched it's hind-paws, and then wrapped them tightly around Siegfried's leg, and then fell soundly asleep. Siegfried tried his absolute hardest to struggle free, but to no avail. The Manticore's grip was just too strong! Eventually he gave up, and then lied down as far away from the animal as possible, then he fell asleep. Little did Siegfried know, by midnight, he'd be practically snuggling with the Manticore. And by the next day, the animal was gone, but Siegfried gained is cutie-mark.

By the time he reached Stallion age, Siegfried's gift of speech made him famous all over the frontier, and quite possibly all of Equestria. Siegfried starred in numerous circuses and shows, and even started his own business in animal taming, and training. Due to his talent, he was also called up by the REA, to serve as an active reserve for whenever there is a animal-based national emergency, like a dragon.

OOC: I'm done, for real this time, lol.

post-3487-0-42662600-1340501822_thumb.pn

Hey, so I took a moment to read your application, and even though you are not finished yet, I thought I'd give you my two cents.

First off, I can tell you put a lot of thought into his character summary, and most of it works really well. One thing, though. Killing, even if it's a mythological beast, is a little too dark for the Mane RP. If you'd like a suggestion, I would change it like this: After the Manticore destroyed his new home, Siegfried decided that he couldn't take the beast in an open fight, and instead decided to device a trap to capture the Manticore, intending to have his revenge once the beast was at his mercy. But once he trapped it, he realized that a Manticore was just a wild animal, and only acted according to its nature. Killing it wouldn't change anything.

Something along those lines. :)

I hope this helps you. Best of luck with your application!

Any progress on this Application? :)

Yes, Time to put things on hyperdrive! Iron Pony is coming soon!

typetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetypetype

EDIT* I definitely won't get this Character in the competition, but I am hoping that my other OC, Percival, would get approved in time!