Electric Vibe [Final]

Chocoswirl

Roleplay Type: FiM Roleplay

Name: Electric Vibe (This name was chosen was because when she was born, the first time her parents saw her eyes, it gave them an electric vibe. She seemed like an outgoing foal, and she moved around quite frequently, not being able to stay still.)

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Cyan

Coat Color: White, with the slightest tint of gray.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: She has a long, black, and straight mane with gray highlights. Her tail is the same as her mane.

Physique: She's a fairly tall mare, and the right weight for her height. However, due to her constant chocolate cravings, she can go a few pounds over her recommended weight.

Cutie Mark: A bright yellow eighth note with an icy blue lightning bolt through it.

Origin/Residence: She was born in Canterlot, and when she finished school and grad school, she moved to Ponyville. She constantly visits her family in Canterlot.

Occupation: She often draws sketches and paintings and sells them in art galleries, putting her skills to good use. She's also making music with her vocals. Although she is an artist at the moment, she hopes to make a living by records. If she ever met Vinyl Scratch, she would be Electric's idol.

Motivation: She hopes to become a well-known and liked artist(Music). Her love for music keeps her going, and her artistic abilities are just a stepping stone in shaping her creativity.

Likes: Music mostly. She also loves art, playing games, and food in general. She also likes to rock out.

Dislikes: Slobs, snobs, and girly ponies. She also doesn't like it when ponies compliment her using the words: cute, beautiful, and the like.

Character Summary:

History – Electric Vibe was born in Canterlot to a mother, father, a sister, and two brothers. She spent her days as a foal/filly growing up a rather normal life. Unlike most Canterlot ponies, her parent liked living a simple life, but also enjoyed the endless wonders of Canterlot. After graduating from school, she decided to move to Ponyville, as life in a simple town seemed best for her at the moment. As much as she loved to party and have fun, she was told by her parents that it wasn't all about having fun. So she decided that a more quiet place would be best for her to concentrate while she worked. This may have been a bit of a choice that she regretted, but she realized it was better for her work. Yet again, Ponyville wasn't too quiet either. There were still some things going on in the town, that made it a bit more lively, making it suit her a bit better than just a silent village. Also, she felt that the ponies in Ponyville were MUCH less judgemental than the ponies in Canterlot. She thought that the would appreciate her work better than the ponies in Canterlot.

Parents – Her parents' names are Blue Jay and Canvas, as mother and father respectively. Her mother is a nurse and her father works as a scientist. They currently reside in Canterlot, where they receive frequent visits from Electric. They think that pursuing a creative dream and job is great, and they support Electric in the career she pursues. Her mother was a pegasus, and her father was an earth pony.

Cutie Mark Story – When Electric was a filly, she began to learn of this type of music from her siblings, who had not told her the name of the type.. As she began discovering more and more about the music, she became very interested about it, and soon loved the music. She had already loved music from the start, but the feelings of confidence and sheer awesomeness that resonated from the type of music sparked a fire in her heart. She listened to it all day. One day, she listened to a song that really spoke to her on her parents' record player. It was a light, cheerful, and bubbly feeling she felt at first, and soon, it began to build up. It got louder, and sort of like lightning. She found herself loving this song more and more. She later found out that the type of music was the genre of Electronic music. She then realized that she wanted to make this type of music. To put all of her feelings into one awesome song, and hopefully become known for it. Soon, she had a cutie mark on her flank. It was a yellow eighth note with an icy blue lightning bolt through it. This was a big deal for her, as she finally realized what she wanted to do in life, and her family supported her dream.

Flaws – As happy and lively Electric seems to be, she becomes withdrawn and slightly shy around others. Sometimes, she feels her work isn't good enough, and that it will in some way affect how others look at her. Even though on the inside, she feels the need to be more open, a certain impluse inside of her makes her shy at first.Especially when brought into a situation she isn't familiar with. However, her friends have often helped her to be more open with those she doesn't know, toning down her shyness. However, on her own, she may be three quarters of Fluttershy's level of shyness. Or two, depending on the situation.

Personality - Electric is quite an outgoing pony around her friends, not afraid to dance crazily around them, or laugh like a maniac. However, in public, she can be a bit withdrawn as to talking to others. She is a tomboy, and doesn't like girly things, but she can have her girly moments at times, and regrets them. She isn't too fussy about things, and is rather laid-back when she's not working on her art or music. She loves to laugh and have a good time, and can be rather loud. She is very creative too, and often daydreams. She also does things fast-paced, and can get rather lazy depending on the day. However, all this craziness is only when she's around her good friends, and is in the mood to, which is about 50% of the time. When she's not, she's all of these things, but toned down to that of a normal pony.

flying_pegasus_by_kitsunekagamine-d54oxzc.gif<-Pic of her flying.

A really good start for an application, I'd say. :)

It's still WIP, so I realize you're probably still working on it, but there are still a couple things I suggest you might consider looking at when you're ready to change this to final and let the staff look at it.

First, the reasoning behind her moving to Ponyville is a little weak. Ponyville is a fairly small, laid back town. I don't imagine they have a lot of dance clubs and the like. I have to question how it is the best place for a musician of her sort to find success, especially since it seems all of her connections and history are in Canterlot. Canterlot.com's RP is called the "World of Equestria" RP for a reason; it's about more than just Ponyville. That's not to say having Electric move to Ponyville can't be justified, but in what you have so far it doesn't seem quite there in my opinion.

Also, when the staff ask for flaws, they're more talking about character flaws than they are about overcoming troubles like that. A good character needs personality flaws to keep them balanced. Perhaps you could expand on her withdrawn nature or any other sort of other fears, insecurities, weaknesses or faults. You, of course, don't need to go overboard with this, but a little expansion will only help the application and character.

Hiya! :)

This is an excellent application, but I think there are some things you need to consider.

1. Do you have a picture of her? This would be nice to add in.

Her idol is Vinyl Scratch.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but you cannot have previous relationships with Canon characters without the permission of the roleplayers. Currently, Vinyl Scratch is being played by Robikku Pegasus. I suggest sending him a message.

3. While I understand the appeal of moving to Ponyville, I would just like to make sure you're aware that your character can travel anywhere they wish. Where you are from is not so important, and with the influx of roleplayers who want to live in Ponyville, it makes things a bit difficult.

Otherwise, this is an outstanding application! Good luck :D

Well, I guess I'll take that part out. But I figured that Vinyl would be a well known DJ of some sorts. Electric has never met her, of course, but just knows of her. If that counts as a relationship, I'll take it out.

Picture? Ach... The might be a problem. There are some elements of hers that the Pony Creator doesn't have. My avatar is an example though, just with a different cutie mark.

I know that. It's just that Ponyville seems more appealing to me than the other towns listed. If it didn't, I would have probably moved her somewhere else, trust me. Also, Ponyville seemed like the best example to fit in the description of why she moved. But if there really isn't any room, I won't hesitate to move her either.

Thanks! :D

Well, I guess I'll take that part out. But I figured that Vinyl would be a well known DJ of some sorts. Electric has never met her, of course, but just knows of her. If that counts as a relationship, I'll take it out.

Picture? Ach... The might be a problem. There are some elements of hers that the Pony Creator doesn't have. My avatar is an example though, just with a different cutie mark.

I know that. It's just that Ponyville seems more appealing to me than the other towns listed. If it didn't, I would have probably moved her somewhere else, trust me. Also, Ponyville seemed like the best example to fit in the description of why she moved. But if there really isn't any room, I won't hesitate to move her either.

She can know of Vinyl Scratch and her work, she just can't have any pre-established personal relationship with Vinyl. I just wanted to clarify that, because I felt you may be under the impression she cannot know of Vinyl at all.

Other than that FYI, I just had a couple minor questions that I feel that once they are answered, should have your excellent application all set. :)

going back to the paragraph where you talk of the style of music that first lead her to her cutie mark. Is it Electrical, or something similar? You may want to reveal the style of music at the end of the paragraph for people who will be reading in case they miss any of the clues.

What does the blue lightening bolt represent as part of her cuite mark (as it is the representation of her special talent). I imagine it help illuminates that her specialty is electrical music, but I could be wrong in reading this.

Other than those two minor questions, everything seems set. :)

Yup. It's electrical music. I was just a bit confused when reading about Equestria's technology.

The lightning bolt represents her love for that kind of music, yes. It also fits that she has a fast-paced and striking personality. I'll be sure to add those in! :)

Alrighty. Looks good.

As we are in transition to our new team, I will let you know that I won't be stamping it,, but I will have it on the list to get the final stamp by those who are already in their official capacity to do so.