Official Pony Trading Cards

BaconofChaos

hi hi

I saw that bit about the Princesses not having any Earth Pony in them, and honestly, unless it comes up in the show I'm not going to believe it. Just like I'm not going to believe that Applejack's Farm Truck is canon unless it shows up in an episode.

(Also, Octavia may have only shown up in Canterlot, but Vinyl Scratch was in Ponyville for her first appearance.)

hi hi

I saw that bit about the Princesses not having any Earth Pony in them, and honestly, unless it comes up in the show I'm not going to believe it. Just like I'm not going to believe that Applejack's Farm Truck is canon unless it shows up in an episode.

(Also, Octavia may have only shown up in Canterlot, but Vinyl Scratch was in Ponyville for her first appearance.)

I wouldn't exactly worry about the cards being show canon. I believe some of the descriptions were apparently "partially written" by fans themselves. Moreover, the quality of the cards is iffy - notice how Tank's has him listed as owned by Pinkie (And this isn't retcon, as Rainbow Dash has him correctly listed has her pet).

Lauren's word will always take precedence to me regardless.

hi hi

Which is exactly why I specified "Hasbro." I don't think they know their own property any more :P

Vinyl Scratch was in Canterlot for her second appearance though. But musicians travel. So you never know. Octavia could be a Ponyville pony that plays with a group that has frequent gigs in Canterlot. I doubt we'll have a confirmation of those two and where they live. Though if there were to be a spin-off of characters... those two would be at the top of my list.

hi hi

I'm not sure I follow. Earth Pony magic is super relevant to my interests. (or if you prefer to call it something else, I would also mean whatever the vital characteristic is that they have unique to them.) I've been gobbling up every bit of information about it that I can, like Nightmare Moon gobbles up little colts and fillies, and as near as I can tell Earth Pony magic has only ever been implied in the show before.

• 2 weeks later...