Official Pony Trading Cards

BaconofChaos

So has anyone seen the official pony trading cards yet? I did a search but didn't see any mention of them.

SeaSerpent.jpg

Day2_Rarity_standee.jpg

Day3_CutiePox.jpg

Day4_Angel.jpg

Day5_HushNow.jpg

Day6_DaySpa.jpg

Day7_AppleFamily.jpg

Day8_GoldenHarvest.jpg

They're being released at Bronycon this weekend. I think I may pick some up. Normally I wouldn't touch a pack of cards you couldn't play games with, but these look kinda fun. Apparantly they're gonna be chock full of brony shout outs (the Sea Serpent is described as having a "magnetic personality":D).

What do you think of them?

They look good, but I also agree I can't really see myself spending money on these unless it was to use them for something artistic (like, I dunno, making pony cupcake boxes out of them or something).

As others have said, if it was an actual game, that might be different...

Looks like some background ponies are getting more details/background. The 'Doctor' is 'Time Turner' (And we get a Doctor Who reference!) and we finally get a connection with Octavia and DJ Pon-3 outside of Fannon. I also noticed they listed their locations in Canterlot AND Ponyville. Only time I remembered them showing up in Ponyville was in that one fan-toon. ACK! :-o Is "Epic Wub Time Musicians of Ponyville" cannon? (J/K!) (Link below for more details)

117eiih.jpg2u95x82.jpg

1xz3p1.jpg

http://www.equestria...l#idc-container

Bah! Dx I want to have them, but I don't see the point of it! I just want them! But I don't need them! Conflicting emotions hurt! :eek:

by the way I'm loving the shout outs! :D

Oooh. Looks like they're coming out this month! I'm not much of a collector, but I'll still have to get a pack...1.99 isn't gonna break the Taco-Bob-Bank!

It's interesting to see the backs of the cards.

I wonder if this idea of Lyra and Golden Harvest "sharing bonbons" is going to ever have any fandom implications. :shifty:

• Like 3

It's interesting to see the backs of the cards.

I wonder if this idea of Lyra and Golden Harvest "sharing bonbons" is going to ever have any fandom implications. :shifty:

Almost afraid to look. Still, love the "Timey Wimey" quote for Time Turner.

I guess Dr. Whooves would violate copyright. Good thing they picked Time Turner.

Perhaps, and I'm just throwing this idea out there... It doesn't violate copyright since a "Time Turner" is an object in the Harry Potter world, rather than a person. In order for there to be copyright infringement there has to be a direct correlation to the intellectual property. Doctor Whooves is kind of blatant towards Doctor Who. Time Turner is not blatant towards Harry Potter, and is a direct reference to his job in the Super Cider Squeezy 6000 episode.

Unless of course Rowling copyrighted "Time Turner" like Lucas copyrighted "Droid" but I'm going to guess that Hasbro checked that.

I got a set of card sleeves collecting dust (for free one time I got some longboxes) I consider that fact a signal from heavens...

P.S. They mixed Lyra with Pinkie, Bouncing? Really? And with carrot top, at the park, sharing BONBON's? What the flying feather? First canon Menage a trois?

On the bright side, now DJ-pon3 x Octavia are almost canon... look, they're even in a big heart...

EqD has posted the backs of all the cards for us to read.

Some of them are really cute I think. :)

Hasbro doesn't seem to agree that Alicorns have any earth pony in them.... Oh well... I do like the backs... But I stopped collecting trading cards eons ago...

P.S. They mixed Lyra with Pinkie, Bouncing? Really? And with carrot top, at the park, sharing BONBON's? What the flying feather? First canon Menage a trois?

Lyra does bounce a lot though.

mlfw1185_1321586284194092.gif

mlfw3344-1330570502310.gif

Anyway, bought 10 packs at the con. Cool stuff, kinda wish I'd gotten more (I had very few dupes in the ones I had) but oh well. I'm gonna try the sweepstakes to get a full set.