Name: Dolly Dear

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: White

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Red braids held together with bows

Eye Color: Grey

Cutie Mark: Plush Panda bear with red bow

Physique: Normal build

Residence: Ponyville

Motivation: To make the cutest and coolest toys.

Likes: Designing patterns, talking to clients, stocking an empty shelf, cute things, animals, children the holiday season (brings in a lot of business!)

Dislikes: Washing plushies, making cloths for plushes dirty things, slow business days

Character Summary: Dolly has lived in Ponyville all her life. When she was small she would save all her money and rush to the toy store and buy toys. She loved the few toys she could afford. When she is board she likes to draw and paint. Dolly has loved toys ever since she was little.

Her grand mother was very sick. when Dolly loves her grandma very much. Her favrite memories are with her. She loved going to her house and eating pancakes she and her made. Dolly visited her in the hospital she made Dolly a book of plushie patterns she had made.Her grandmother made his pattern book because she was starting a hobbie in plush making. She was talking about it with Dolly. Dolly did not understand why her grandma had giver her this but she has kept it for safe keeping

. Her parents were both very loving and always tried to make her happy. They worked in the circus as the ring master and tight rope walker. This was her fathers family circus. When she saw her parents profrom she would always feel proud to be their daughter. She would see all the foals enjoy the circus and wanted to make them happy too. She wanted to be the star of the show so that the foals would look up to her as a role model. She tried to become a circus performer but she wasn't really good at anything. Dolly tried being a clown, dragon tamer, juggler, acrobat and much more. She finally gave up and decided to find another way to make kids happy.

One day Dolly went to the toy store and wanted a plush panda. The store owner said he did not have any. She was crushed. Pandas were her favorite animal. She wanted one so badly she decided to make one. Dolly used the last of her money to buy fabric, thread and pins to make her bear. She got her grand mothers book of plushie patterns and pound a panda bear pattern. Many nights were spent making this plush but finally it was finished. Dolly proudly showed her plush panda to her friends and they were so impressed they all asked for different animal plushies that the toy store did not have. She spent the whole day making these toys for her friends. Dolly's friends were really happy with there special toys. They showed them to everyone in pony ville. The store owner Mr.Oakhoof noticed this and invited the little mare to be his assistant after school and on the weekends. She accepted the job with glee.

Dolly helped him expand his space by building shelves higher up on the wall by getting a latter, making and designing cooler newer toys. She learned a lot about toy making from him.She specialized in plush while he mad wooden toys. The day after she got the job she got her cutie mark. It was a panda bear with a red bow just like the one she made for herself. Since then she has been working in Mr.Oakhoofs toy store making plushes for the toy store. She also makes custom toys for ponies who are willing to pay more

There Dolly has since made a lot of friends in pony ville. With her kind and understanding nature alot of ponies like to hang out with her. Though sometimes she bites off more then she can chew when it comes to taking toy orders which can make her quite crabby. Dolly is not a clame pony. She gets frustrated easily and is not kind to others when like this. But usually she is a goofy little pony that is on top of her work. Dolly is an out going pony that tryies her best to help out the pony ville community by helping out with events.

Additional Info:

+ She is always writing down ideas for toy designs

+ She is very good with filly's

+ When not making or designing plushes she likes to draw and paint

+ Her favorite food is pancakes

+ Works for viewtopic.php?f=30&p=4923#p4923

Image: http://therainbowtro...t.com/#/d3f3yfe

i'm pretty sure they have electricity, considering they use ovens, over head lights, well, lights in general, and mixers and things of the like. electric toys and video games...? well, i've never really seen a t.v. yet. XD

might i suggest wind-up toys instead of electric? just to be safe?

and sorry if i'm over stepping my bounds, i just know that there is a high chance of electricity in their world.

i'm pretty sure they have electricity, considering they use ovens, over head lights, well, lights in general, and mixers and things of the like. electric toys and video games...? well, i've never really seen a t.v. yet. XD

might i suggest wind-up toys instead of electric? just to be safe?

and sorry if i'm over stepping my bounds, i just know that there is a high chance of electricity in their world.

Eh, I think Faust said that ovens are probably powered by magic. As for the lights... :?

I noticed that you spelled business wrong a couple of times. "Business" is the correct spelling.

In the Character Summary, you call her Bow a couple of times. Is this a nickname?

Maybe put a little bit about why she likes to draw and paint as well as make toys.

What did her parents do for a living? (They don't necessarily need names, but does Dolly's love of toys come from something either of them did, or no?)

Another thing is that the Character Summary says "Dolly helped him expand his space by building shelves higher up on the wall..." while this seems like a good idea, it sounds like Dolly might have been too young to reach up higher than the store owner himself could. Perhaps she just gave him the idea for it.

You also mention, "little mare" in the Character Summary. Mares are adult female ponies, so foal or filly would work better, because she got the job when she was younger.

Could you try breaking up your character summery a bit? The big block of text is sort of hard to read.

I would like to know more about her grandmother and the significance of the pattern book. Was she close to her grandmother? Dolly might not know why her grandma made the book, but you know and the people reading the profile would sure like to know. It also seems random that her parents were circus performers. Maybe you could elaborate on how that effected her style of plushie making. Perhaps she was also influenced by the prize plushies offered by carnival games? I'd also like to learn a bit more about her toys store. What does it look like? How does it operate?

Could you try breaking up your character summery a bit? The big block of text is sort of hard to read.

I would like to know more about her grandmother and the significance of the pattern book. Was she close to her grandmother? Dolly might not know why her grandma made the book, but you know and the people reading the profile would sure like to know. It also seems random that her parents were circus performers. Maybe you could elaborate on how that effected her style of plushie making. Perhaps she was also influenced by the prize plushies offered by carnival games? I'd also like to learn a bit more about her toys store. What does it look like? How does it operate?

I edited as best I could....

Ok...I sent mudbug a note to descuss this issue. Im sorry I ASKED around before going ahead with this character and NO ONE said ANYTHING about her character....

Asking around is a good idea, but you may not always find someone who knows. You can always check yourself by going to the Equestria Yellow Pages, and seeing if anypony has already set up a similar shop to your ideas.

This issue is sloved. Her Mr.Oak Hoof makes wooden toys/dolls and mine makes plushies. She agreed that she can work in his store. And about moving out of ponyville I would rather not. This is the only charater in ponyville so I dont think it would be an issue if only this character stays.. Im going to edit the prophile after mudbug mails me back beacuse Im going to ask her a few Q's.

I am aware of the multiple toy business thing going on here; what we can do perhaps is each store can offer a different type/variety of toys. I don't want to hold this app up any longer because of this. If there is a specific theme that can be worked out for each store, then I think it possible ponyville can have two toy shops.

I am aware of the multiple toy business thing going on here; what we can do perhaps is each store can offer a different type/variety of toys. I don't want to hold this app up any longer because of this. If there is a specific theme that can be worked out for each store, then I think it possible ponyville can have two toy shops.

Sorry for not updateing this. Me and mudbugg agreed that Dolly will work in Mr.Oakhoofs toyshop. I will edit my app ASAP =)