Name: Wind Walker

Sex: Female

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: Brilliant Scarlet

Coat colour: Moderate Cornflower Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Long Light Arctic Bluish Gray

Physique: Athletic

Cutie Mark: Tornado With Wings

Origin/Residence: Canterlot/Currently living in Ponyville with her parents.

Motivation:To grow up...FAST!

Dislikes:Boring adults, sitting (or standing) still, limits!, restaurants with menus that have those little red bookmarks inside (never a good sign!), music with 'shaky voiced' singers. Being told what to do!

Character Summary:

Wind Walker was born into a rather large family that consisted of her one elder sister, and eight elder brothers, who just like their parents, were members of the 'Royal Equestrian Army'. Her family had all joined after attending the academy and all worked in different fields from simple city guards all the way up to higher ranking military officers. She lived with her family in what would be considered the 'blue collar' section of Canterlot. Wind, or 'Windy' as she is called by her friends and family presently attends the local elementary school where she manages to pull in decent grades and has a small circle of rather close friends. She is often in odds with an slightly older mare named 'First Class' and her assortment of friends from the next grade up. When time permits and their schedules do not clash, she enjoys spending time with her elder sister, Fire Walker who, like the rest of her family is a member of the R.E.A and a part time adventurer.

During her very early years she became somewhat intrigued in the world of adults. They spoke and acted so much differently when they did not believe she was near. They said words she would be punished if she were to speak out-loud, they made actions that she was told she was forbidden to ever repeat, and they went to places where she could not follow. This was her very first encounter with something she would deal with during most of her young life. Restrictions!

These 'restrictions' were the bane of her existence! She could not say certain words, cause they were 'naughty'. She could not enter that building, because she was too 'young'. She could not ride the roller-coaster, because she was not as tall as the theme park mascot sign. She could not drink that beverage because she was too young and it would hurt her stomach and make her sick. She could not fly with her older siblings because her wings were not strong enough to keep up with them. This frustrated her to no end. When she asked her parents about these restrictions that were placed before her, they would generally point out that 'good things come to those who wait.' It seemed everything she wanted to do was always 'just around the corner', but she didn't want to wait for the corner!

When it comes to ponies her own age, Wind can be seen as slightly pushy at times, and almost obnoxious in some rare occasions. When in a group, she generally goes for the 'alpha mare' position, after-all, her father is a leader of sorts and when he speaks, others listen, so that should work the same with his daughter. She either did not know or simply forgot how her father had worked very long and hard to gain a leadership role, and it took far more than a serious stare and a LOUD commanding voice. Still, her friends tend to overlook her generally pushy nature and will usually try to humor her as best as possible.

As a Pegasus pony, Wind Walker is a rather speedy little mare, but what she has in speed and agility she lacks in stamina. Generally she can maintain short bursts of rather intense and nearly adult level of velocity before burning out and requiring rest. Her family members had assured her that as she gets older and stronger, she will be able to fly longer distances without tiring out so quickly. Sound advice to most, but to her it sounded terrible. She would have to...WAIT....to get better. this was terrible news.

Even worse was when she found out her friends were to be attending that years 'Nightmare Night' festivals in Ponyville as opposed to Canterlot. While normally she could have hung around with her friends on Canterlot's safe streets during the holiday, she had nopony to take her and she was too young to ride the train alone. She had the added misfortune of either having friends who were already in Ponyville at the time or were arriving there via other routes. Her family were scattered throughout Equestria and would not be any help. Still, Canterlot was not that far from Ponyville and she could simply fly there, but she had to be fast!

Later that day, the young Pegasus took to the sky. She new the basic layout of the lands between the famous city and the nearly as famous farming community. She would simply follow the rails. Easy peasy. She got within a respectable distance when she started to feel very weary. Her wings ached and demanded she land and rest. But that was not going to happen! She didn't want to be last to join the festivities! She started to push herself further and as she did, she noticed the lights coming from Ponyville! But as she got closer, he wings refused to work! They were pooped! As as they failed, she quickly started to plummet to the ground. While the filly was terrified, she knew her own Pegasus magic would keep her safe from real harm and there were plenty of trees nearby. She would probably end up with a broken leg or two, but nothing serious. She was far more scared and worried about missing the events as opposed to being stuck in a hospital for a few days. Then again, if she fell into what appeared to be a tornado that had formed below her, things might get a little rough. And that she did. The poor little pony fell directly into a tornado! She was doomed! Oddly enough the tornado simply carried her towards the boundaries of Ponyville and quickly dispersed confusing the little girl to no end. Was that a real tornado? Was it magic? Did she create it herself? She had never created any forms of weather before. Still, these thoughts quickly drifted from her head as she quickly cantered her way towards the local costume palace. She did not even notice her brand new cutie mark until she had arrived in the shop and noticed it while trying on costumes. The tornado that saved her was there along with appeared to be her wings sticking out. How bizarre!

[Pics]

Shortly after getting her cutie mark (Drawn by Popcorn Puffs)

windwalkerbypopcornpuff.png

Filly aged (Drawn by Valkyrie Girl)

windwalker.png

Drawn by the artist who does "Loki's Adventure"

windwalkerloki.png

That's a callback to her 'Free-For-All' days. One RP had her being rescued by a dragon-winged Pegasus named 'Draco'. The one in the picture, and in the 'mane boards' is just a cute little clip-on plush toy that she keeps with her (nearly) on all time.

HOPEFULLY, I'll figure this character out and avoid falling into the kid character stereotypes...She's feisty..Shew wants to grow up NOW. She hates being spoken down to...She is sister to one of my OCs (Fire Walker) and a military brat.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'm still trying to work her out. HOPEFULLY I'll get some free time this monday. Trying to think beyond her rough outline. And I've never really written a kid character before...

Slowly working on this. RL has been annoying..If anyone here has any pointers on writing back-story for a younger type character, please feel free to toss 'em my way. I'm trying to avoid making her into a Rainbow Dash/Scootaloo clone. She's a tough little Pegasi. Braver than she should be. She is a kid growing up in a family that been involved in the R.E.A for many a generation, and while Equestria has been peaceful for what seems like forever, they still keep up with the old traditions. While she has many years to go before she could even be considered for military school. I do see her parents making sure she keeps in shape. A little training here and there. Nothing too strenuous. And no pointy weapons!

And I consider her to be near the same age as the CMS. So she would not be a filly yet...(Those are considered teens, right?)

(I type this with no actual experience in the military. I enlisted, but my back problems kept me out. Still, they did discover something I did not know I had, and I was saved from spending my life in wheelchair. So at least some good came from that.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi TacoBob!

Excellent app! Well written with all of the required fields filled in.

However, one thing it lacks is a detailed cutie mark story. The saga of how a character gets their cutie mark can speak volumns about their personality. I believe once you add the cutie mark story to this app, it'll be good to go!

:D:D:D

Oh duh-for me. Somethings you miss the important stuff! Many thanks Mister-Mojo-Man, I will make sure to add this once I am no longer heavily medicated. Soon! Just need to figure out something that isn't so horribly cliched which my brain is currently saying is as good idea! Stop it brain! No important races! Everyone does it! Bad! :x

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet. Been rather busy with work and RL and I'm trying to come up with a good CM story that isn't so cliched. I've got the idea that her mark is based off her flight abilities and her somewhat reckless nature..Just putting it into story-form. Ugh. :mad:

Thanks for checking! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! I think you posted your question and I finished my update about the same time. I know this CM story is cliched and has a few plotholes in it, but I was trying really hard to come up with a better story than my brain wanted me to do...Like a overdone "big race.." or something silly like that. Hope this one works and many thanks Mister Mojo Man and others who have pushed me into the right direction.. ;) And I kept the origins of the tornado open...Did she create it? Was it another pony? Random magic?

Hmm... looks familiar

;) I wasn't aware she wasn't approved yet... Either way, this app is awesome and very easy for me to stamp... so:

AppApproved.png

Hopefully her and Hopesong can continue to be friends.

:)