Canterlot Voice 19 - Insert Title Here

Tenkan

What's up, Canterlot?

It's been a long break, and now the Winter has come, so it's time to get back to podcasting!

We've individually had our hands full, but leave it to Nemmy to start things up again and save the show, with our local cyanide addict Linkhopper on board!

Also, we got a special typed interview with Steel Eagle that we got to show you, too. It's all in the show notes, fillies and gentlecolts. ;)

Audio Download

http://c0lt.co/9h

[colour=#000000]Show Notes[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Hosts[/colour]

• [colour=#000000]NemesisPon3/Mecha Shockwave[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Guests[/colour]

• [colour=#000000]Linkhopper[/colour]
  • Steel Eagle (in spirit)

[colour=#000000]Featured Artist[/colour]

[colour=#1155cc]Yourlittlebrony[/colour]

[colour=#000000]News[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Roleplay[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Interview Included[/colour]

Steel Eagle Interview

[colour=#000000]How did you first become a brony?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]I was babysitting my niece, who was six at the time, back in February 2011. I forget the episode- but she wanted to watch pony. I remember now; it was [/colour][colour=#000000]Sonic Rainboom[/colour][colour=#000000]! Yeah, it was Saturday and we had The Hub. She was flipping through it while playing with my cat and she saw pony and demanded we stop, so we did. We watched it and, well, [/colour][colour=#000000]Sonic Rainboom[/colour][colour=#000000] was pretty legit.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]When my wife came home I told her all about it; she laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed, but then we started looking it up on YouTube. By the end of the day, we were both so taken in by the show's innate charm and optimism that we were hooked on it like a drug.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Who is your favourite character from the show?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack! She is a hard, hard, hard worker and I've always loved characters who were so dedicated. I'm a welder at a shipyard; it's hard work, so I relate to her in that way, and I find her attitude both optimistic while remaining grounded. She has a lot of room for fantastic character development and growth and beyond her accent she hasn't been pigeonholed. Applejack is just solid and dependable and provides excellent grounding for the show. Other characters wouldn't be as funny without the 'straight pony' to play off of.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]What is your favourite episode from the first two seasons?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]I'm not going to include any of the two-parters as it is an unfair comparison. So I'll say...probably [/colour][colour=#000000]Suited for Success[/colour][colour=#000000], but that's right up there with a half-dozen others.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]My favorite Season 2 episode was [/colour][colour=#000000]The Last Roundup[/colour][colour=#000000], but season 1 had [/colour][colour=#000000]Suited for Success[/colour][colour=#000000], [/colour][colour=#000000]Sonic Rainboom[/colour][colour=#000000], [/colour][colour=#000000]Winter Wrap-Up[/colour][colour=#000000], [/colour][colour=#000000]Fall Weather Friends[/colour][colour=#000000], and [/colour][colour=#000000]Party of One[/colour][colour=#000000]. They are all up there, pretty even, but [/colour][colour=#000000]Suited for Success[/colour][colour=#000000] did a marvellous job developing a character that otherwise would be extremely vain and boring, so it gets the nudge. If we include two parters, then my favourite would be [/colour][colour=#000000]A Canterlot Wedding[/colour][colour=#000000].[/colour]

[colour=#000000]How did you discover Canterlot?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]I got a spur up my bum one day and decided to Google “My Little Pony Roleplay”. I looked at a half dozen different sites before I decided on Canterlot. Canterlot is an addictive place and as a member of the Helpstaff team, I can see how it has designed to be so. The rules are made for cast, so when you read a Canterlot cast roleplay, it feels so much better than any other place I've seen. It's been the major advantage and recruitment tool of the forum's RP.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]What’s the story behind your username?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]A long time ago, I wanted to write a science-fiction story about a civil war between the core worlds of a human empire and the outer rim planets. The Steel Eagles were a sort of mercenary black ops unit. I just like the name and use it sometimes. Seems rather unique, but then again, I'm not all that creative.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Care to tell our listeners about your experience on Canterlot since you started? The positives and the negatives, if you can think of any.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The positives vastly outnumber the negatives. I believe that is less due to any special structure of the forum as it is the fandom itself. I tend to focus on the RP side of things, so my views are distorted, however I think that the RP here has been insanely enjoyable. People are smart, funny, willing to help, and there is less drama than in other places. It's hard to mention one positive because there are so many.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]As for negatives, there’s nothing dramatic or special. I wish some people would chill out and take things a little less seriously, but that's about it.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]What’s your favourite section of the site?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The Mane RP is where I reside. I don't post in Chit Chat or Spam Stables all that often; of my 1,700 posts, it's a decent wager that at least 1,300-1,400 of them are Mane RP posts. That number is gonna get more and more imbalanced as my self-propagation of pony postin' continues. XD[/colour]

[colour=#000000]What were your thoughts on [/colour][colour=#000000]Sleepless in Ponyville[/colour][colour=#000000]?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]It was an excellent episode. The first one of the season that I think didn't have any real flaws or move too fast. It had a lot of cute, adorable little moments. Hopefully it will get interest in Scootaloo rising, seeing as she is available to be app'd for in the Mane RP. Rainbow Dash also got some good development, and moved up in the pony rankings for me.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]10/10 overall, would d'aww again.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Lastly any shout-outs you would like to give out to our listeners?[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Yes! Bellosh101's blog. He did a great character breakdown, very awesome.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]END[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Subbed x1 and laid out by BBS[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Discussion[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Episode 6: Sleepless in Ponyville[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shoutouts[/colour]

• [colour=#000000]Linkhopper to Spam Stables[/colour]

Music Credit:

[colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000]Intro Song:[/colour][colour=#1155cc] ‘Pony Should Pony Pony’ by alllevelsatonce[/colour]

[colour=#000000]2nd Intro Song[/colour][colour=#000000]: ‘[/colour][colour=#1155cc]Epiphany’ by the Verdilac[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Creative Works Music: ‘[/colour][colour=#1155cc]Space Congos’ by Artax[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Interview Music: ‘[/colour][colour=#1155cc]Break or Be Broken’ by DannyMirage[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shoutouts Music: [/colour][colour=#1155cc]’Structure’ by DannyMirage[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Outro Song:[/colour][colour=#000000] [/colour][colour=#1155cc]Winter Wrap Up Metalized’ by Bronyfied[/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000][colour=#000000]

[/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour][/colour]

We're back, and we're glad you're all on board with us again. I personally appreciate all the feedback you guys left us in the last episode, and we're always up for more improvement from your kind advice. :D

• Like 2

I don't know about others, but I think the two man podcast is awesome. It allows for a bit more intimacy and doesn't have people trying to talk over each other.

I've been watching YLB for a while and she really does have some great works, I haven't seen a request thread from her yet but I will certainly be in it if she does decide to post one.

Awesome news! Especially the Big Apple Ponycon. Me being so close to NYC, I can definitely attend! I'd attend regadless of how far away I am, I mean Tara is going to be there and I have to meet her! So I can ask her to tell me how much she wants to love me in Twilight's voice.

Loved Link on her, he sounds so young!

Lovely, as always guys! Can't wait for the next one. Just don't make us wait so long next time... :smug:

Edit: WHY CAN'T YOU ALL PRONOUNCE ANY OF MY NAMES RIGHT?!?!?!

Clair da (pronounced: DAY) la Soul (I will be changing next month to something easier to say :green: )

EditEdit: Cyanide...really...

• Like 4

I don't know about others, but I think the two man podcast is awesome. It allows for a bit more intimacy and doesn't have people trying to talk over each other.

I've been watching YLB for a while and she really does have some great works, I haven't seen a request thread from her yet but I will certainly be in it if she does decide to post one.

Awesome news! Especially the Big Apple Ponycon. Me being so close to NYC, I can definitely attend! I'd attend regadless of how far away I am, I mean Tara is going to be there and I have to meet her! So I can ask her to tell me how much she wants to love me in Twilight's voice.

Lovely, as always guys! Can't wait for the next one. Just don't make us wait so long next time... :smug:

Clair da (pronounced: DAY) la Soul (I will be changing next month to something easier to say :green: )

Glad you enjoyed the two person system.if you do meet tara give us shoutouts or something XD

ALSO UM I PRONOUNCE NAMES BASED ON HOW THEY ARE SPELT ;A;

Did you honestly expect me not to say cyanide? :P

• Like 3

Hmm, this wasn't so bad an episode. Sure, the two person format makes it a little dryer, but by keeping the time down to just 20 minutes you kept it from ever getting too dull. Nemmy did a good job with the hosting as well.

It's a shame Steel couldn't actually be on the show live. He's awesome and I would have loved to hear him talk about stuff, and hear how he plugged the RPs he picked for this (especially since I'm involved in two of them). His written interview was still cool to read.

LinkHopper provided a good interview too. It's always great to hear that newer users are enjoying the site so much.

So yeah, good episode. I look forward to the next. ;)

• Like 1

FALSE: You claimed your name was French, in which case, "de" is pronounced "du" as in "dud".

Link, if you've seen any past episodes with myself in it, you'll know that having a high voice is OK! Together in squeaks? XD

• Like 1

FALSE: You claimed your name was French, in which case, "de" is pronounced "du" as in "dud".

Link, if you've seen any past episodes with myself in it, you'll know that having a high voice is OK! Together in squeaks? XD

Literal pronunciation. Nenny said he pronounces it the way he sees it, so I provides him with the way its said, not an actual pronunciation.

You LOSE a pancake!

Y U No USE CONTEXT CLUES?!

Another great episode :) Love you accent Nemises- (Americans I know) Anyway, I enjoy listening to the two person pod! It makes it more detailed and I like getting to know the other users :) I'm easily amused so I think you all did a great job :)