Journey around Equestria-Ponies needed! (Open to anyone and everyone!) [Planning/Interest check]

Unfortunately, SilverWisp is right on the money in that we'll have to wait for everyone's apps to be approved.

But I do like the idea of having the original group that picks up a few more along the way.

In the meantime, I had an idea for the RP. What if they group has a limited amount of rations? That way there would always be something going on in the journeys in between locations, as we'd all have to monitor how much everyone eats, uses first aid, etc. Or would that just overcomplicate things?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Damain just change the title in honor of my idea? :')

Oh, yes! The idea sounds great! :D

I think that would be wonderful. There's the original group, and as they travel, they either recruit other ponies to join or make friends with ponies along the way. So that way, this shouldn't get out of hand. Or at least, I hope not. :-|

You got the right idea, sir ;)

Should there be a posting order, just to be safe?

That's how it usually works to let everyone participate, but we have to make sure that everyone posts or there's a risk that the whole RP will stop. :-|

Also, we can't really even start this without a few of us getting our characters approved. Can't RP with unapproved OC's. :sleep:

And who knows how long we'll have to wait!?

Well I'd say that we'll wait for some time but we can't keep it on the ice for too long or it might never happen at all. :razz: I think that we should wait for those that have applied now to get approved so we can have a full crew. But not to wait for further more people with their OC's waiting or this won't happen this year... Those can join when their OC's are approved.

I had an idea for the RP. What if they group has a limited amount of rations? That way there would always be something going on in the journeys in between locations, as we'd all have to monitor how much everyone eats, uses first aid, etc. Or would that just overcomplicate things?

I do like the idea, but that would be hard to execute. We could find a way to pull that off though...

Here's my idea of how that could work:

Let's say that each character is given a certain amount of food/water to devour each day, the leader is responsible to make sure that each pony is given this amount and may strain it if it's necessary. Also the leader is supposed to keep count on days and be accurate with the days versus distant to travel -- also with the terrain in mind of course. The leader's main job (if it's not appointed to somepony else) would be to make sure to stuck the food in a way so it will satisfy everypony and still be enough left by the time they've reached another city.

There might be obstacle in their way that can slow them down, such as: Timberwolf attack, a pony getting sick, or just something simple as a rough nights sleep due to a hard surface. It would be up to the ponies to solve this issues, a sick pony can be cured, especially if they got a doctor with them, a hard surface could be solved by a bedroll made by a somewhat handy pony and a timberwolf attack could probably be repelled with fire, a weapon and a brave heart. I would like to see a RP where every character's skill is lifted and each weakness covered by the other ponies' skills.

There could also be benefits by the road, such as: berry bushes, rivers and healing herbs, that would help the travelers in their journey. We can also assume that their resources will be restored when they reach a city/settlement.

------

Maybe we can make up a public list where we can read how much we got in our 'backpack'? Where we can also read which day we're at and where we're going versus how many days it's supposed to take before we'll reach there. Set up up a carrying limit for each pony along with a list of the amount of food/water devoured each day, tools, weapon and such are of course included in the carrying list. A sort of a 'status report' for each pony and the journey in whole.

I could take the responsibility on myself to make such a list for you to check at whenever you want to know how the journey's going if you all are ready to send me some information about your OC -- how they are built and so on, an app is appreciated -- together with what he/she will bring to the travel.

This is of course if Damain accepts my offer to make this list, I'm not the RP-leader after all! :)

:Pinkie::smirk::Pinkie:

Here's my idea of how that could work:

Let's say that each character is given a certain amount of food/water to devour each day, the leader is responsible to make sure that each pony is given this amount and may strain it if it's necessary. Also the leader is supposed to keep count on days and be accurate with the days versus distant to travel -- also with the terrain in mind of course. The leader's main job (if it's not appointed to somepony else) would be to make sure to stuck the food in a way so it will satisfy everypony and still be enough left by the time they've reached another city.

There might be obstacle in their way that can slow them down, such as: Timberwolf attack, a pony getting sick, or just something simple as a rough nights sleep due to a hard surface. It would be up to the ponies to solve this issues, a sick pony can be cured, especially if they got a doctor with them, a hard surface could be solved by a bedroll made by a somewhat handy pony and a timberwolf attack could probably be repelled with fire, a weapon and a brave heart. I would like to see a RP where every character's skill is lifted and each weakness covered by the other ponies' skills.

There could also be benefits by the road, such as: berry bushes, rivers and healing herbs, that would help the travelers in their journey. We can also assume that their resources will be restored when they reach a city/settlement.

------

Maybe we can make up a public list where we can read how much we got in our 'backpack'? Where we can also read which day we're at and where we're going versus how many days it's supposed to take before we'll reach there. Set up up a carrying limit for each pony along with a list of the amount of food/water devoured each day, tools, weapon and such are of course included in the carrying list. A sort of a 'status report' for each pony and the journey in whole.

I could take the responsibility on myself to make such a list for you to check at whenever you want to know how the journey's going if you all are ready to send me some information about your OC -- how they are built and so on, an app is appreciated -- together with what he/she will bring to the travel.

This is of course if Damain accepts my offer to make this list, I'm not the RP-leader after all! :)

:Pinkie::smirk::Pinkie:

:wail:

I thought we were tourists! What happened to a certain form of government that I'm not entirely sure I should mention because it could possibly start a fight and I'd be blamed and get in trouble for starting it? But, "Want it. Need it. Buy it?"

And in a battle against a timberwolf, I'm more than sure it's going to go it's way. I doubt we'll have the same luck Spike did when he "fought" one.

Unless of course, we drop every worldly possession and run. FAST.

If we're tourists:

Why not just have each pony carry some cash on them?

Travel by train?

Do it the safe way?

Adventureponies:

Sure, everything mentioned before sounds cool, save for the timberwolves. The whole food thing sounds a bit much to me, however. It's kind of like a bridge we'll cross when we get to it situation. :razz:

Just as long as we don't start planning potty breaks, I'll be ok with it, I guess.

Just throwing my two bits in. :)

Oh, and wouldn't anything involving something like timberwolves be in the FFA section? I'm not entirely sure that'd be ok in Mane RP.

Also, I thought we we're traveling with a cartographer pony to accompany him in map making. Visiting major cities and stuff. How could we go hungry if we're in a city with food? And why would a tiberwolf be in one of those cities?

See, this is what I wanted to clear up, but nobody really answered me. So I'll ask again:

Would people like to see this RP focus on the major locations being visited, or on the journeys between locations, or both?

That's what I get for being creative and new thinking, you guys bring the steam roller. :|

That was just my idea how we could possibly pull off a RP in the same manner that mane requested before. Nothing solid :)

I agree with tacobob, sometimes the travel is much more view worthy than the actual city. Sometimes it's the travel that's dull. I think we can work that out :)

Well, given that my characters will be in the various locations that will be visited, I'd vote for emphasizing the stops, but there's an obvious bias there.

In any case, I'll be dropping in at Stalliongrad/Cloudsdale for certain, if those are in the itinerary.

After studying the maps I've got this rough idea for the journey. This can be changed if anyone wants to see anywhere else.

• Start in Canterlot, take the train to Ponyville.
  • Then we continue on the train, going trough Dodge Junction, Phillydelphia, Manehattan, Baltimore and Hoofington.
  • Head through Itaily and Germaney? Could be interesting.
  • Keep north Until we reach Stalliongrad, then take the train down to Trottingham and back to Canterlot.

That's the less adventurous route anyhow. Alternatively we could go through Roughrider Ridge at some point and maybe encounter some Diamond Dogs along the way?

And obviously I want to visit The Crystal Empire at some point, but it wasn't on the map so I wasn't sure when we'd visit it.

They have said that they'll work the Crystal Empire into the map sooner rather than later. My guess is that there will be a train going there from Stalliongrad, but now that I've written that, I feel like the lore on the Crystal Empire says otherwise. Anyways, I would have tried to fit the Crystal Empire in between Stalliongrad and Trottingham if you're working from the proposed itinerary above.

Also, are you sure you want to go to all of those locations? As fun as it would be, it's a huge undertaking and could take ages. An organizational suggestion would be to edit your first post and make a poll (you will probably need to 'use full editor' to do this. In one question, include the locations in Equestria that have been suggested thus far, but request that people vote soley for the three locations they would like to visit to the most. In a few days you can choose the top ones and go from there.

A second question could be added regarding the logistics of the journey. What would the focus of the thread be - the journey, or the destinations? Would there be rations, as Quilly suggested? All of these questions you've been asking throughout the thread could be more easily answered at the click of a button. Also, don't make it anonymous so that you know who has voted and who hasn't, and who is more interested in each specific thread. I don't know how effective this would be necessarily, but it's just a suggestion that might help you get this off the ground sooner.

Okay, voting is open! Thanks for that, Jane.

Anyhoo, we're in agreement that the original group is large enough as is, right? (Though I suppose it's a bit smaller now that TemplarFrost's been banned :-| ) I'm going to edit the original post so people can "apply" to be in the RP. Not that anyone will be turned down (Until it gets large enough at least), but just have it a bit more structured while we're sorting this out.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear that Mustang! Would you mind linking an app or something? And what sort of role your character will play? Thanks!

Derpyy and Silver, it's good to hear that you're ready! Unfortunately, we won't be able to start this just yet. We still need locals for the areas, and not everyone has voted yet. That said, we could always start the IC meet up thread.

I will use my OC, Master Mustang. As for his role in the group... I don't know what his role will be; maybe a peacekeeper? Perhaps he believes he is overdue for a vacation? As for him joining the group, I think he would have to be picked up. I like to think his martial arts gym (which has no name since its ran out of his home) is quite well known in the lower Heartland; perhaps his name reaches Aureate Compass' ears, and thus wishes to invite him on the journey (for reasons I'll leave up to you.)

Sound good? Thoughts?

I like the idea of having a martial artist in the group in case things go pear-shaped (Not that they will, if we so chose, but it's good to be prepared)

The idea for picking people up was that Auri had posters and flyers put up all over with locations listed. Then, ponies who where interested could meet up with them at those locations. We'll have to sort it out when a few others are on board for this.