My Little Pony TCG Discussion And Canterlot Skype League!

SteelEagle

The MLP TCG released today and has apparently been bonkers. I know my shop was filled, and that was without theme decks shipping here yet.

Did you get any? If so, your thoughts? Pull anything? I pulled in two URs, only one is making it into my deck. Anypony wanna trade an UR Foil Zecora, gimme a HOLLA. (JK)

Also, anypony wanna play the game over Skype? It can be easy! Even IRC works. Use Google Docs Spreadsheet to list out the cards in your deck, like this here. You can other organizational methods as long as it is plain as day what you have and what it does. Once you have your deck all typed out, it's a simple matter of finding someone like yourself, following the rules here, and having fun! If we get interest, may make it a bit more professional. You may use voice or not, either works. Obviously can't enforce much in the way of rules, but honor code is best code.

I got most of the cards I ordered today, the two starter decks and a box. I'm opening the box right now, and I have 2 URs so far, Ship Shape and Nightmare Moon. I'm hoping my 2 player starter box gets here soon, since Fluttershy was the mane pony I wanted to be using.

After I get acquanted with the rules and get a deck built, I might be interested in playing on Skype with people, too, so I'll check those links out later tonight.

Edit: Just opened Twilight Sparkle, Ursa Vanquisher!

Nice find! My area didn't have th decks due to a shipping issue, so for the Skype sessions I'll be using the Mane that I was planning on using anyway- Applejack, Dependable Farmpony.

The URs I opened were (Screwy, Barking Mad), (Zecora, Everfree Guru) and (Heart's Desire), all foil. Not a bad haul!

There sure is! Enterplay, after some delays, released the MLP: FiM TCG/CCG yesterday. This first set contains 211 cards, some of which are exclusive to the various theme decks. Yio can get the cards just about anywhere cards are sold. I got mine from a comic shop in San Diego, but you can go to just about any major retailer. I have linked to the rules and such in the OP, though you get the rule cards and such with the decks themselves as well(AFAIK). Boosters cost three and a half, theme decks $10.99, and a two-player starter set for $18.99.

As fpr the UK, nothing right now but Enterplay is working on it.

Update: River and I just played a game on Skype and it worked fine. i won, but it was a good'n.

Usually on a weekly basis. And boosters are great- they aren't a sure thing of course, but the decks will have a limited set of cards. Always the same. Boosters are how you make your decks really well stacked.

Usually on a weekly basis. And boosters are great- they aren't a sure thing of course, but the decks will have a limited set of cards. Always the same. Boosters are how you make your decks really well stacked.

The starter packs, I assume, are the only ones that have the mane cards. Of six packs, I have yet to get one. Until I get them, I don't think I'll be able to create a meaningful deck.

Speaking of the starters, which one should I get? I love all of the Mane 6 equally. T_T

Starter decks will have two mane characters, which you need one of to play the game. If you play on Skype, my rule is that you can use any of the manes regardless of whether or not you have them IRL because you can easily purchase the decks IF you can't get a specific one ASAP.

Cool, Cuz I wanna build a flutter-Rare deck, I need to get the other 2 starter decks [raridasha nd Pinkie vs Flutter] IRL and wanna get more packs but so far can only find TwiJack in stores....damm I feel like I'm shipping. Feel free to add me on skype I have my skype on my profile page, just let me know who you are haha

Cool, Cuz I wanna build a flutter-Rare deck, I need to get the other 2 starter decks [raridasha nd Pinkie vs Flutter] IRL and wanna get more packs but so far can only find TwiJack in stores....damm I feel like I'm shipping. Feel free to add me on skype I have my skype on my profile page, just let me know who you are haha

You're lucky to find any packs. Lots of stores are sold out or haven't got them yet. It's definitely a slow release.

The Toys r us I work at has plenty of packs, just no starter decks

Gotta agree with you, since I'm very new to this, I need tutorials and also need to be online to play with internet friends. I don't feel like playing in person with anyone since I don't know any bronies around my area.

Live tutorials made by professional would be nice, especially I like how this one how was filmed. Other than straight forward instructions, the video also includes some quite amount of humor. :lol:

This is only Part 1, Part 2 & 3 are in the video's description.

I'm also hoping that if a Starter Pack would be nice to include that kind of video to watch.

Live tutorials made by professional would be nice, especially I like how this one how was filmed. Other than straight forward instructions, the video also includes some quite amount of humor. :lol:

This is only Part 1, Part 2 & 3 are in the video's description.

Seeing that the game only came out on Friday, I do not see this kind of video coming out for a while. I give it at least 6 months before the meta game establishes itself. At the very most, we can expect some sort of basic tutorial.

I hope for the best, because a trading card game like this must rise to a good fame. I heard of Yu-gi-oh once, it's kind of overrated to me. But Pokemon, at first I thought it's just some children's card game, but today, I wasn't very sure of its success.

Thanks for the tutorial, although I still wish if there's also fun for me on the software side. You know, Magic the Gathering has Duels of the Planeswalkers, so I wonder will this card game ever get its own software version as well. Stainless Games really did a good job on how they did with DotP in the many various versions. :)

Thanks for the tutorial, although I still wish if there's also fun for me on the software side. You know, Magic the Gathering has Duels of the Planeswalkers, so I wonder will this card game ever get its own software version as well. Stainless Games really did a good job on how they did with DotP in the many various versions. :)

heh heh. the MLP CCG is on step 4 in terms of release and progression of the game. You're talking about step number 562.

Archived