New to the site

Eventide

Hey.

I'm a student. I enjoy creative writing, gaming and films. I like to joke around, I'm partial to the wry and dry sort of wit, but mostly I am pretty chill I think.

I'm already a member of a couple of other play-by-post forums. I found this site by purposefully looking for somewhere like this. Lately I've been in a pretty dead forum with only one friend active, and my motivation is slipping away, so I'm hoping to find a similar friendly sort of community and atmosphere to write in.

I had mocked and dismissed bronies a couple of times before when they were mentioned with friends but didn't really know much about them. I guess I finally identified with the fandom around a year ago when I finished the first season, which I decided to see after watching the 'extremely unexpected' documentary. The documentary was basically an hour and a half that boils down to 'they're people who like a cartoon'. I thought if so many people want to pour their creativity into this show, there must be a reason other than it being a banner to make them more unique. And sure enough I found the show was okay, despite the cringey intro. I'd put it up there with the likes of Adventure Time and Gravity Falls. I feel I like it for the fandom more than the actual show now because of their creative potential, for example mature writers being free to build fun but complex stories and characters that wouldn't quite work on a kid's show. Not to belittle the talent of the show's writers.

My favourite main character would have to be Discord. He's basically Q from Star Trek, and that's awesome.

Well I'll see you around, and once my application is approved I fancy writing a few stories with you guys. Cheers.

I do have one question, since I'm still getting used to finding my way around: does this site have some sort of chat room?

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay here!~

I feel you on the Discord love, gotta love some good old fashioned chaos  ;)

Well, I said hello already, but there's no harm in doing it again, so hello! :D

I'm pretty sure we don't have a built-in site chat, but what we do have are the Canterlot Skype groups, and the IRC channels!

Just ask one of the moderators, and they'll help you find them. (Or probably just add you in too, actually!)

Welcome to Canterlot, Eventide. x3

Hello and Welcome to this forum. Please enjoy your time on here. Keep up with the show too if you can. Enjoy all the RP's.

:)

O hai, Eventide~ ouo

Glad to see you've stopped by our lovely forums here in your travels through the Internet! May this be a place of relaxation, refreshment and friendship c:

I'm glad you found the chat, because I you hadn't, I probably never would have >.>

Anyways, please do enjoy your stay here in Canterlot to the absolute fullest! ^.^

Welcome to Canterlot! If you're looking for a friendly community with a creative atmosphere, search no further. For your journey has finally come to an end, young Skywalker. Rejoice! (Also, thank you for finding the chat. I was wondering where it went. XD)

If you have any questions, feel like chatting, or wanna get some creative writing in, feel free to send me a message!

~ Your friendly neighborhood Angel. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/20/2016 at 6:31 PM, Eventide said:

Ayy. :) Thanks Red.

I've joined a few RP threads since I got here. Most of them have slowed to a crawl or stopped though. :<

Fear not, action picks up usually by summer, when people are off from school, and work becomes more "fun".

• 2 weeks later...

(late reply to this FTW!)

YAY someone else liking Discord for Q! There was a fanart showing the two I found a while ago that I loved... can't remember where it was though... (yay Google?)

Anyway! Hope to see ya on the boards! :) (once I get applications and stuff done...)

Archived