The New Monster Hunter has strode into Town.

Otsdarva

"Good Evening, kind folk. How are you on this fine summer's night? I am but a simple Monster Hunter, looking to take residence and hopefully find work in my particular area of expertise." States the oddity standing at the edge of town.

His armor rough and ragged, his weaponry well broken in as his eyes glance over the sights before him. Gingerly he lifts a hand to his shrouded face and tugs off the mask that hides his features. A smile crawls over his lips as he looks over his greeters, a slipping strap on his shoulder causes him to re-adjust the mighty weapon that hangs from his arm.

"I hope you wouldn't mind me setting up shop in this peaceful town, I bring with me no ill will and hope for only positive stories on my trip."

[/silly intro rp]

Seriously though, nice to meet you. I'm Otsdarva, just a long time lurker tired of lurking. I hope we can get along well. It would be nice to have a nice little community to hang around.

Thank you, yes I am. It's got quite the learning curve when you first start out. Although the later ones are a little easier. And don't worry, everyone bum rushes the first Wyvern they come across with little success. I still remember the first 10 foot pink chicken that ran my hide over with perfect clarity.

As I like to say... Victory through incompetence!

But I did get far in the game, loved my big boom thingy. (can't think of the name) and how big some Monsters are. :-| But my friends loved playing with me do to me... well yelling at ever thing that moved and bum rushing it. good times, good times. Well hope you like your stay here! :blah:

Thank you, I'm sure I will! I may even rile a few more hunters out of hiding.

Man...that was so true of Monster Hunter. The moment the quest started everyone ran for the monster and started chopping at it's legs until they either hit each other or got mowed down. That game was absolute torture when you first started. I can't believe how easy certain monsters become, ones that I completely feared when I first started!

Hm? I'm guessing you mean the heavy bowgun? It folds out and has more attack than the lighter ones. Or do you mean a specific bowgun? I loved using the Bowgun. Something about loading up some cluster shot and waiting for the monster to spin around, knocking away the lunatics with greatswords made everything all the sweeter when said monster went up in flames!

Hey!

How did you hear about Canterlot?

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash:

You'll also need to make at least 3 posts anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the board.

A good place to go if you're looking to meet a lot of new Bronies is the IRC Chat.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Why thank you, Tales.

Most refer to me as Darva for short. I'll be sure to alert you should any incidents befall me or any questions come up. As for my arrival. A member here, Appledash, had made slight comments here and there among the times we've talked and eventually with my curiosity peaked I looked over an RP post she said she was in the middle of. I scanned over the thread in general before heading to the index page and silently wiggled my way through the forums looking over topics that flirted with or peaked my interest. Eventually coming to today, I catch the nifty little event being planned for the 'Mane' RP. As such, I figured I might as well finally make my account.

To Armony and Phil the Wizard.

I do indeed hope to enjoy my stay. I hope this site will become the next to find it's way permanently saved to my bookmark list.

Ah, Monster Hunter, the number of hours my friends and I spent on it will never be forgotten. It contributed to many a skipped college class in the past, and pulling an all-nighter to complete 4 seperate Urgent Quests. 8 Tigrexes in a night. XP

Anyways, you've been here longer than me, but as a Hunter I simply had to come say hi! Oh, and do i detect a hint of Armored Core as well? The name "Otsdarva" rings a bell.