[Introduction] - Hamlet III

Hamlet

---Hamlet The Third---

Salutations, fellow compatriots of the greatest and loving community of Canterlot! But yet another wanderer of the Internet am I; another one who nurtures delight upon indulging into this very well-known animation about those pastel-colored equines. I seek then, refuge upon this abode, to share my common interests with other bronies.

I'm Hamlet The Third. But you may just call me Hamlet; or Ha³.

I've been watching the show since the month of September - and regret it? Of course I do not!

I'm your thirteen year old, teenager grade alumni that watches ponies without the knowledge of most. I live in the tropical wonderlands of Brazil, in the pristine continental division of South America.

I hath been part of another grand community, Ace Attorney Online; whose series it's fandom is based on, may I say, is enthralling and wonderful. Not in one thousand years would I think I'd be liking a game about lawyers... but I would've laughed at thy face, two years ago, if thou were to even ponder, for one instance, that I would find likeness in such a, placing it in rather mundane terms, "girlish and crappy" cartoon."

However, find myself here do I. Continuing my monologue... the manifestation of ponies grew rapidly in there - quite too fast, even. I found myself curious, and loaded up the first episode on Youtube.

...Two and a half weeks later, hath I watched the entirety of Season one, already waiting for more. Such a wonderful and amazing piece of art! Yes, for Lauren Faust is, indeed, one cartoonist to be looked upon; her talents during the production of this show certainly show off. I would expect nothing of someone whom worked previously in other grand and famous programs, such as The Powerpuff Girls. After a few months, I was redirected here by a fellow friend of mine in another Forum, SomariFeyWright, and an a close acquaintance to Veritas. Indeed, I am most certain this all shall not be for naught, and that we may have some great times around here.

And that, is my story. My constant monologues regarding the issue, while awkward upon the first few instances, led one of my two best friends to seek out the show... and as such, another fellow fan joined this enormous, caring herd. As far as I'm concerned, her favorite out of the Mane Six is Ponyville's premier party pony, Pinkie Pie.

My favorite character just has to be the kind and honest Applejack, followed closely by the bubbly pink pony mentioned just recently. I am flabbergasted that our petite apple farmer is so out shined by the rest of the Mane Six, to be truthful. The same goes in regard to our little brash Cutie Mark Crusader, Scootaloo.

If I had to pick my most liked episode, I'd be in a stump. Most likely, Lesson Zero or The Last Round-Up, even if just because of our little fandom mascot, Derpy~

Hobbies, however, I do not possess many. I like drawing - the paper is like a vent for our emotions. But, my abilities on drawing have been, thus far, horrid and terrible. I've been thinking of taking up on writing; never before have I done so. However, perhaps, prose and fiction may be just one of my special talents. Midst the long ride, I could take up on writing one. Alas, for now, as I do not receive any epiphanies regarding a good plot, I'll stay neglecting on the matter.

I tend to be normal headed and kind, although, I've an bad habit of being blunt and saying things without thinking of the consequences, sometimes, and a few of them, offensive. Excuse me if such a case ever comes up.

For almost a year have I studied upon Character Interpretation; Roleplaying it thou must. I'm the Moderator of a board focused just on that, even.

The astounding, organized and positively beautiful World of Equestria RP caught my attention. As such, before even thinking of joining, I made sure to go over the many tutorials and guidelines. While very extensive, I'm not going to complain, seeing as it is positively very well written and easy to understand. Have I such a chance, I'm pondering on perhaps creating an application for either Pipsqueak, or one of the Cakes. A great, great opportunity for delving into character development, specially on the former, who we know bare nothing about.

Pardon this rather long introduction and my rather exaggerated use of Ye Olde English; but I simply can't refrain myself from using such. Why, I started this trend upon watching it's use by our great Princess Luna in Luna Eclipsed.

I find pleasure in being here, and cannot wait to meet these new faces.

Thanketh thee for taking part of your precious minutes to read upon this.

Best regards,

~Hamlet "Ha³" The Third

Edited by Hamlet
  • Like 1

Hey!

I'm MyLittlePonyTales, but I just go by Tales around here. I'm one of the many great staff here at Canterlot.com. Please feel free to message any of us with any questions or concerns you have, or you can just leave another comment here!

If you didn't already, please take a moment to check out the rules section, just so that you're up to speed! :RDash: You'll also need to make at least 3 comments anywhere in the Introductions section before you can post on other parts of the site.

There's hopefully something for everypony around here! If you're looking to meet new Bronies, a good place to do that is the Chat Room & live roleplay. The Creativity section is the place for artists, musicians, and writers! Oh, and what kind of forum would this be without the MLP Discussion area, hmm?

If you're looking to Roleplay, check the Canterlot RP Rules and the Application Form. Unless you're going for the FiM Free-For-All section, then you don't need either of those things! :D But if you're going for Equestria Crossovers RP, you just need the Application Form, then you can make your crazy cool pony! The Equestria Mane RP, which is a really cool Roleplay area, requires you to read both the Canterlot RP Rules and the Application Form.

Wow, that's a lot of links! :o Feel free to explore the site yourself at your own pace, and let myself or one of the other staff know if you have any questions.

Welcome to Canterlot!

Hiya, Hathy! Good to see you made it here, brother! Lemme tell you, this place sure looks good. The community are lovely, open-minded and always up for a good chat. 'Course, knowing you, you already know that. :) And do you plan to speak in Ye Olde English all the time over here? It would seem you've finally progressed to the final phase of your adopted dialect! Anyway, I'm glad you're around. It's going to be a blast, now that you are! Good luck to you~

@Tales: Ah! The famous Luna of the Roleplay section. As much as this is a copy pasta, I'm still honored to make thy acquaintance. Great work leading these forums, I say~!

@Lightning: Hi, Lighty~! Thou dost not mind being called as such? Nice to meet thou.

@Veritas: Hi, Polly! Gladly, this place abhors anything that is inappropriate for small ages. This makes traversing upon this community much more satisfying, indeed!

And yes, positively do I pretend to use it, except in occasions of Roleplay, of course. Talking about this subject - hast thou decided on any characters as of yet?

Guest EoLPinkie

Aha! Somari you say? This makes sense! :D You talk all fancy pants! I felt like I was back in foals' school reading Shakespony! I didn't understand it much, but it was so fun when Teacher had us act out the parts! I do say, thine voice is akin to a symphony upon mine ears!

132844321459.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway welcome to Canterlot! Woo! :Pinkie: I'm so super excited that you joined us and already have friends and use special writing and talking and are fun to be around! :D I bet I'm not the only one either! In fact I'm sure as cake I'm not! There's so many more pony friends to make! We have all kinds of fun friends here in Canterlot, and they do all sorts of neat stuff! Art, music, cupcakes, you name it! I'm not so artsy talented, but I'm good at making smiles! If you ever need a joke or a giggle, I'm the pony for you! Let me know if there's anything I can do to make your time here 20% Dashie cooler!

Gads! Such stylish greetings mine eyes hath ne'er before seen! Mine morning made blessed by such care taken kindly, and love, and life, and joy, they sparkle more brightly.

Many welcomes I make to thee, young lass, and take thee care upon this place, to greet many the wondrous and kind ponies of whimsical imagination who do frolic amongst these words! Herds of friends await thee, and thine, for such a spate of fancy cannot go unregarded long!

I, too, didst once face that choice, so wretched to the heart, of how to answer lure of paper white... for always, in mine youth and to this day, no matter how many reams didst pile up at home, an' await mine pen's kiss upon their pages... the sight of blank paper, of notebooks neat and tidy, would sing their siren's song of possibility and creativity. And so did I choose, to capture vision with art, or to capture thought with the written word? And I didst choose the word, and to this day I regret it not, yet I envy those of artistic mien.

I say thee again - greetings, and welcome! And glad I am to see thee!

I verily much acknowledge thine warm reception! It does this juvenile heart wondrous to read such kind words! Fare all of thee well - thy entirety have my deepest gratitude for such courtesy, and I'll be for eons on great debt for such actions whose origins date back to pure, beautiful and welcoming hearts. May our experiences of folk hood be like that of a united family.