Fillie Mane Six! [closed]

Ashton

The Cast:

Twilight - Quarks

Pinkie/Rarity - QueenChrysalis747

Rainbow Dash - Ashton

Applejack - HarringtonSleuth

Fluttershy - hinata2000100

(Note: Unless otherwise requested you will play the ponies associated with your character, such as Quarks will play Twilight + Spike, HarringtonSleuth will play AJ + AB/Mac, etc)

It was early afternoon in Ponyville, just after lunch in fact, when the whole gang had gathered in the library. Twilight had informed them she had some new spell she wanted to show them and to be there after lunch. There was a lot of talk going on around town when they found out twilight had such an important spell that she was getting all her friends together so quickly, and more than a few betting pools on just how extravagantly the unicorn would fail this spell, given her track record the bets were mostly on the "badly fail" side of the scale...

While most of the ponies seemed lively, a certain late-sleeping pegasus yawned "dija have to call us here right after breakfast?" Asked rainbow "Just what was so important it couldn't wait till later on my day off?" she asked, making it clear once again that her favorite thing was speed - either being fast in the air, or fast asleep!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Applejack was already in the library when Rainbow Dash arrived in the library. As usual, she had been out checking up on the orchards since early that morning and making sure everything else was kept in line. Apples that needed bucking had been kicked down, taken up and stocked for later use. That would come later since Twilight called her as well as the other four into the library for this occasion.

When Rainbow entered complaining about the sleep she was missing, Applejack rolled her eyes.

"I get up when the sun does for apple buckin' bright an' early, an' here you come rollin' in after LUNCH askin' why Twi bothered you. So, uh...what did ya come get all of us for, again? I wasn't real focused on the why; just that I needed ta come here fer...somethin'. I think I heard around town it was some kinda spell you were wantin' ta do...lots of ponies out there were lookin' at me like I was already a dead mare."

She adjusted her hat when it started slipping off to the side at the end of her statement.

Pinkie Pie burst in and bounded up to the group forming, "Hey," she cheered, "Isn't it a nice day! Oh the sun is so nice and warm! Oh the grass is soft!" she panted quickly, "So why are we here? Oh do you know Rainbow dash? Oh how about you Apple Jack?"

Rarity trotted in, her hair was slightly fritzed and she looked dreary, "My Twily why can't you wait until I get all ready before calling?" she then looked in a mirror, "Ah! Oh my I'm so ugly!" she hung her head.

At this moment Twilight bustled in, levitating several books. "Oh hi girls, I didn't hear you come in! You really should all get coordinated and put together a schedule so I know exactly when you get here!"

She hurriedly deposited the books on a desk, and started lfipping through them. "SPIKE! Where's the parchment and ink?"

Spike, who had been fawning at Rarity from behnd the door, grumbled, "I'm coming," and walked in. Twilight made a few more notes on the parchment, then turned back to her puzzled friends.

"Now I imagine you're all wondering why I've gathered you here," she began. "I've found out about a very powerful spell, and I want to try it out. Don't worry, this won't go wrong like some of my other attempts. I think we better wait until Fluttershy gets here, but I'll be getting it ready."

Rarity sighed, "Twilight is using us as Giniuepigs for a spell she learned," Rarity then went to a mirror and sighed trying to do her hair.

Pinkie jumped, "Oh magic tricks!" she cheered and jumped around, "Oh I love magic!"

"What could this spell be that's so terrifyin' to everypony who's heard about it? I hope it ain't anything too severe."

Just outside the library, Big Macintosh was covering his bases at the betting pools, though putting more bits into the failure pot just in case Applejack was incapacitated to the point where she couldn't help out with Applebuck Season in a few weeks. If he lost, they could regain a lot of it from the harvest.

"pfft, worst that'll happen is it'll blow up and fill the place with smoke like last time" said Rainbow "It's not like she's gonna test out some spell of massive devastation... ...er... right, Twi?" she asked, the thought making her slightly uneasy, well more than slightly since she finally landed instead of hovering over the others, not that there was any other outward sign, she still was standing tall and looking more bored than worried... but, Dash took a place next to and slightly ahead of fluttershy, just in case twilight did try some devastating spell, maybe she'd be able to shield her somewhat fragile friend from the blast...

"Hey now!" said Twilight. "I promise nothing will go wrong. And there's no way it'll cause any real physical damage." She paused. "At least, I hope not."

"And I never specifically said you were going to be the guinea pigs, although I think if it works, you'll want to try it out."

She levitated the thickest book in front of her, and began, "I was going through an old spellbook by one of the Starswirl the Bearded's apprentices. You wouldn't beleive the magic they had then! Full etheral manipulation charms, a sonic ranging sensing spell, alchemic triple inversions . . ."

Spike was giving her the "no one knows or care what you're talking about" look.

BLushing, she cut her sentence short. "Anyway, I found a time spell. It's not a travelling spell, like the one in the archives. It's more like a . . . manipulation spell. It should enable me to accelerate or reverse the effects of time on specific, which could be very helpful. Like Applejack, you could grow apples in a day, and Pinkie, you could make treats three times faster than you would normally."

"But before I try it on a living, breathing pony, I want to use a less . . . vulnerable test subject." She levitated a small potted plant into the room. "I'm going to try to make it grow five years in five seconds. Are you ready?"

Rainbow stood tall, trying to look as fearless as possible, her legs moving ever-so-slightly so she could jump and knock over and shield Fluttershy if needed, though she honestly had no interest in the spell, making clouds age faster wouldn't help her any in ehr line of work, and unless she wanted to cheat by aging a wonderbolt into retirement - which she would never do even if she could - there really was no use for hte spell in her life... but on the other hoof, it was always funny to see Twilight botch spells... Dash idly wondered what color the smoke would be this time...

Twilight took a deep breath. "Okay. Spike? Can you put these books away?" Spike gathered the books and trundled off to the other room.

"Here goes," Twilgiht murmured. She stared at the plant and concentrated all of her magic at it. A glowing orb sparked from her horn. She concentrated on the plant growing. Growth . . . seed to giant fern. Shutting her eyes, she forced out as much magic as she could manage. The room began to glow. The plant moved.

"I think it's-"

The purple glow enveloped the room, and there was a blinding flash of light.

Dash, being the mare with more willpower than sense, held out as long as she could, she managed to grab fluttershy when the yellow mare fainted. Dash's knees buckled under her, but she managed to gently lay flutters on the floor before she passed out herself... "Ha... failed...call..ed...it..." she muttered, smirking as her eyes closed and darkness swirled in to meet her...

(Dearly beloved, we gather here today to say our final goodbyes...JK. :P )

Applejack woke up a while after the flash and rubbed her head. She stood up, not immediately registering that she didn't see as high off the ground as she did before.

"Whoa...that was quite the buckin' bronco that spell...tossed me for quite a loop..."