Spongebob Squarepants

God, I loved Spongebob so much. I love all of old Nick so much. After the movie, it went downhill, and really lost most of its humor. But I loved the first few seasons! XD They were so funny. Here, we can discuss our favorite moments from the show. I honestly loved every single Patrick moment from the first few seasons. XD Here are some of my favorite quotes from him:

"Who you callin' Pinhead?"

"MY NAME'S NOT RIIIIIICK!!!"

"No! This is Patrick!"

Yeah. They did that to Dragonball Z when they made it Dragonball Z Kai. But then again, they only changed it to Kai because TV is so much more strict nowadays, so they had to change it if they wanted to show it again...

The Fairly Oddparents is still going strong, and I'm happy about that. It's still on a hiatus from what I heard, but they aren't going to cancel it anytime soon.

I think the old Nicktoons were some of the best: Hey Arnold!, Aaaaah! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, Angry Beavers...

I think the first few seasons of Spongebob were great, though I never bothered with subsequent seasons. My favorite character hooves down is Sandy Cheeks! Hiii~ya!

No one can beat Fred! (The green fish with brown pants, famous for his line: "MY LEG!") XDXDXD

Hey Arnold, yes! Rugrats! YUSH!!

All of old Nicktoons were amazing. I also watched Clarissa Explains it All, All That, the old gameshows. They were pretty good live action shows. It was a beautiful time.

Yeah. They did that to Dragonball Z when they made it Dragonball Z Kai. But then again, they only changed it to Kai because TV is so much more strict nowadays, so they had to change it if they wanted to show it again...

The Fairly Oddparents is still going strong, and I'm happy about that. It's still on a hiatus from what I heard, but they aren't going to cancel it anytime soon.

I think you are misinformed about DBZ Kai. First off, its real name is Dragonball Kai. It was renamed when brought over to the states. It was a rerelease of DBZ without all the filler, and to stay more true to Toriyama's vision (hence the lack of Buu). It was remastered and rereleased to be closer to the manga. This was all done for the 20th anniversary. Not because of any restrictions.

I think the old Nicktoons were some of the best: Hey Arnold!, Aaaaah! Real Monsters, Rocko's Modern Life, Rugrats, Angry Beavers...

I think the first few seasons of Spongebob were great, though I never bothered with subsequent seasons. My favorite character hooves down is Sandy Cheeks! Hiii~ya!

Yes, I miss the old Nicktoons.

I had a love hate relationship with Spongebob. Even in the very beginning. Sometimes it was hilarious, other episodes I found it so annoying I couldn't sit through it.

I think you are misinformed about DBZ Kai. First off, its real name is Dragonball Kai. It was renamed when brought over to the states. It was a rerelease of DBZ without all the filler, and to stay more true to Toriyama's vision (hence the lack of Buu). It was remastered and rereleased to be closer to the manga. This was all done for the 20th anniversary. Not because of any restrictions.

During an interview with Chris Sabat, voice of Vegeta, Piccolo, and many more, he said that another reason it was changed was because of stricter rules on television these days. I am aware of everything you're talking about, and those are the main reasons, but they also did quite a bit of editing for my reason as well. Christopher said they just kept on making more and more changes to the show for all reasons. As you would see, Master Roshi is no longer, should I say, a creep. XD That was one of the changes they made, but there are some more that I haven't been informed of.

During an interview with Chris Sabat, voice of Vegeta, Piccolo, and many more, he said that another reason it was changed was because of stricter rules on television these days. I am aware of everything you're talking about, and those are the main reasons, but they also did quite a bit of editing for my reason as well. Christopher said they just kept on making more and more changes to the show for all reasons. As you would see, Master Roshi is no longer, should I say, a creep. XD That was one of the changes they made, but there are some more that I haven't been informed of.

Pardon me if I don't take Sabat's word on that. Mainly because there is still Lupin III and that hasn't changed. If there was a paradigm shift in TV then that would be tamed, but that never happened, in fact it got marginally worse over the years in terms of what you refer. Now perhaps its a different target audience, but I have a feeling there is a bit more to it than simply that TV got stricter. I'm also I bit weary on how much unfiltered info Sabat gets from the Japanese production team. If it was direct from director Yasuhiro Nowatari, then I'd take it with a bit more than a grain of salt.

There is a bit more to just stricter TV rules, as you said. I was just saying that this was one of the reasons it was changed. Sorry that I worded it so that my reason sounded like the main reason, but I wasn't trying to say that it was the main reason. Just one of the smaller reasons that they had to take into account. If I had tried to explain the other reasons, I would've just spoken a bunch of nonsense to someone who may have not watched the show. :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree there!

One of my favorite moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANk8xlsp1pQ

That whole episode was hysterical xD

THIS. OHMYCELESTIA. This is my favorite episode of all time. Probably because I'm a total band geek. YAAYYMARCHINGBANDSTARTSTODAY

*is too lazy to look up a video* I also love the line when SpongeBob and Patrick are stuck in the Treedome and Patrick says, "OPEN SESAME! ...*door doesn't open*... Well, I've done all I can do." xD