My Speech to Canterlot.

AshtonSSG

Howdy, I'm AshtonSSG. some of you will know almost everything about me, some of you will have never heard of me. but I want to post this, so if there's anyone out there that feels like I did. this should keep you sane, hopefully.

I'm not much, nothing more than a country boy from Texas. I play music in the bars, saving money for the home of Country Music. Nashville, Tennessee.

But sometimes, when your my age and you want to become famous playing music? you go a little crazy sometimes...I even wrote a song about it.

I may not have much here to tell you, but let me say this. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't follow your dream.

Over the last few years ago, not many people see me as a musician. nothing but people who laugh at my songs and talk behind my back. even my own father doesn't see me going anywhere.

In September I'm going into a studio to record my first EP. I'd never been so excited in my life.

but a week ago, I was losing my mind again. thinking, "what if it doesn't do anything? what if no one wants to hear me? what if I get stuck in this small town?" I'd actually managed to start crying out of pure fear in public....again....

but that night I went to a concert. and it was a fairly large concert for Texas Country, so that only made it better. I got free front row tickets. I wasn't gonna miss this.

that night, the opening act was someone no one there had heard off. a kid named Chase, but even though he was still working on releasing his First Single, he rocked the crowd.

after his show, I smuggled my way backstage and hung out with him and his band for about 30 minutes. I told them I was going crazy, and this is what they told me.

"We've still got that feeling too! but don't worry man. just play and have fun. it'll take you places you'll wanna go. but if you need to go anywhere....go to Tennessee." which The Tennessee thing I already knew.

so the night goes on, and I wait all night to meet the main act. and I did. I was kidding when I told him, "you'll remember me when you need a new opening act right?" right as I said that he smiled, asked for my full name and where I lived. I was sure he's done that to thousands of other kids, but it meant the world to me.

All i'm trying to say is, don't let anything stop you. there will be walls, destroy them. there will be bridges, cross them...then set them on fire behind you. Have no fear.

Good night to you all, and I ask one question. What's your dream?

http://bit.ly/NRiMDM

http://bit.ly/MqzLz0

there's some picture's too. Night guys.

• Like 3

a truly inspiring story my friend. My dream? Its changed a few times on the specifics but the general core motif has always remained the same. I want people to know me and I want my voice to be heard. Heard in a way that raises the spirits of the world. Heard in a way that brings joy to the hearts of the many. I want to make and be a part of things that inspire people all over. As of right now that dream rest on me finding my way to a radio station or a recording booth. Hopefully to either sing or talk into a microphone whether it be over radio on the big screen or the small. I dont even care if they never see my face, I know there is magic in my words even if I forget sometimes and doubt myself. We all have those moments where we cant believe its possible, I cry, I ask for help, I struggle to believe it. Then we have those moments where we feel ready to face the world, confident in all that we do, and when we know that what we do means something to the world. Ive gotten a very small taste of it on this site, but it isnt enough I want to make a bigger difference I want the world to hear me.

• Like 2

Nice speech! Something I had to give to several of my friends before, they were never as confident as me XD

I dream of being a prosecutor in upper criminal affairs. I'm hoping to maybe do something, perhaps a big case or something, that gets me known and talked about for a while. I also want to help improve Alberta Health Care, because it sucks despite being free, and I also want to help fight against those evil bills, like SOPA and PIPA and those kind of things (Not limited to internet, but I hate censorship, and infringement on humans rights).

Nice speech! Something I had to give to several of my friends before, they were never as confident as me XD

I dream of being a prosecutor in upper criminal affairs. I'm hoping to maybe do something, perhaps a big case or something, that gets me known and talked about for a while. I also want to help improve Alberta Health Care, because it sucks despite being free, and I also want to help fight against those evil bills, like SOPA and PIPA and those kind of things (Not limited to internet, but I hate censorship, and infringement on humans rights).

The phoenix wright pony wants to be a prosecutor?

Phoenix wrights a defense attorney.

THAT'S A CONTRADICTION!

I am working on the final draft of my first novel, and the first draft of the 2nd book in the series. I hope to submit #1 to publishers this year. If I can't get it done the regular way I will self publish in ebook format, but that's a failsafe plan.

I have ideas for at least 3 other fantasy books brewing as well.

SOMETHING I write will be published!

I want to become a published poet. I don't expect to be rich or famous (it's poetry) but just published would be nice. Unfortunately writing a book is altogether different than writing a poem, and well I still have lots to learn. But, one day, perhaps ...