Post your pet! (member's pet showcase)

Autumn

:Flutter: :Flutter: I best most of you have pets. It's about high-time you all showed them off, don't cha think? :Flutter: :Flutter:

post-374-0-30274000-1343635547_thumb.jpg

(click to enlarge)

This is Bailey, a 6-month-old pedigree CockerSpaniel. He's got WAY too much energy and is as bossy and demanding as me!

• Like 1

4460656639_e5b4dff715.jpg

The white/grey one with the Himalayan gene is Mishka. She is 8, a colossal chicken, but very snuggly and sometimes likes to chew on bubble wrap and hoard milk rings. She also understands the command "put your claws away", and I can modulate her purring by talking to her (basically different tones of voice will produce different levels of purring). She thinks thunder comes from the bedroom closet and will growl at it when there is a storm. Her favorite foods to steal are Cajun flavored smoked salmon, whole grain mustard and those Pepperidge Farms coconut layer cakes.

The black one is Roxie (Roxanne). She is 9 and a half, a NOTORIOUS seat thief (you get up for a second and she is in your seat). She also will sit in or on any new thing that comes into the house and spent the weekend fighting with Mishka over who got to sit on my jeans in the middle of the floor. She is technically my cat but loves my husband better. She is manipulative (in a cute way) and chatty, and annoyed because we had to put her on a diet. Her favorite food to steal is turkey sandwiches. But they have to be whole turkey sandwiches. She spends most of her day on one spot on the couch when she is not on my husband's desk stealing pieces of crap paper. She is Mishka's mom.

I have a cocker spaniel named "Lady".

She's really hard to get good pictures of...Took this one with my crappy camera on my previous phone. She's gets nervous when people stare at her..

ladycameraphonepic.jpg

dcp0208.jpg

Sigh. She's gonna turn 12 years old in a few months...

Py4pR.jpg

This is my cat, Molly. (Although everyone calls her Mouse) We got here a couple weeks after she was born, and we gave her the nickname Mouse because she was so small. She's the pet of mine I see the most.

:)

1154636K5nWr0Xj.jpg

This here is mine and my dad's dog, Dodger. (Named after the Los Angeles Dodgers, our favorite baseball team) My dad got him I'd say about a month ago, and he's been wubbed ever since.

:smirk: I see him every other weekend when I visit my dad.

9fX6G.jpg

Harry, my dog that would now be 16-years-old, I believe. However due to illness, he had to be put down January 2011. He first came into my life when I was probably about 5. I can never remember what his breed was (it was a mix). He was surprisingly active his entire life, despite his age and illness.

post-4033-0-18649300-1343858569_thumb.jp

Sorry 'bout the terrible quality. He won't sit still when I try to take a picture of him.

This is my sister and I's cat. He currently lives in the Philippines with my parents' parents, but we always visit every on to two years. When we first got him, all of us started calling him different names, so he doesn't have a definite name. I also have three dogs, another cat, and a kitten there as well, but I lost the pics of them. :/

Are you ready for this? ...you sure?

Let's start with the numbers: We currently have 16 cats (I'm pretty sure, anyway...the number keeps changing), 3 chinchillas, 3 gerbils, 2 mice, and 1 rat.

Yes, 16 cats. We only own 6; the rest are either fosters for a rescue group, or other cats we rescued that we are trying to find homes for. I don't have pictures of everyone handy right now, so I'll post again when I get the rest.

So here we go - in spoiler because there are SO many pictures:

DSC00759.jpg

Following the "U" from left to right:

Dusty Rhodes - 5 years old, found him as a stray kitten. We think he's a Ragamuffin mix. He's Kirby's boy.

Sharky - 8 years old, adopted from a shelter as soon as we bought our house. He weighs 20 pounds!

Sabrina - 12 years old and diabetic, adopted along with Sharky.

Bobby Heenan - 7 years old, found him as a stray when he was about 2 years old.

Pumba - 8 years old, he was my first cat and I adopted him from a shelter in Wisconsin when I was in college. He's definitely my boy.

DSC00805.jpg

Oscar - about 2-3 years old, found as a stray a few months ago shortly after we moved into our house.

Everyone.jpg

This is Liliana. She is a very special girl. She is about 1.5 years old and has FIV. Kirby brought her in as a stray when she was preggers and she had 6 beautiful babies. Only two of them are still with us (the rest found homes!)...

Jace2.jpg

Jace - 3 months old, Lily's baby.

Chandra2.jpg

Chandra - 3 months old, Lily's baby.

GoodRondo.jpg

Rondo - 3 years old, one of our foster cats. He was a stray that ended up at a high-kill shelter, we saved him from the kill list.

794b5b0e-7779-4d12-b9eb-21920242c103.jpg

Princessa - 1 year old, one of our foster cats. She has a very sad story - she was given to the kill shelter due to "allergies" despite the fact that she was VERY pregnant. We tried to get her out of the shelter while she was still pregnant so she could have her babies in peace; sadly, they spayed her (and aborted the kittens) before they got back to us. She eventually ended up on the kill list, so we saved her after all.

Rory.jpg

Rory - about 1.5 years old, one of our foster cats. She was an owner surrender.

Hermie.jpg

Hermie - about 10 weeks old, found in an old factory with his two brothers. One of them has been adopted already. Hermie might be going home soon!

Hoodie.jpg

Hoodie - Hermie's brother.

Prize2.jpg

Sir Prize - about 8 weeks old. He was thrown out of a car window and some onlookers brought him to the kill shelter. Our rescue group saved him from the kill list and we took him when the shelter delivered him to an adoption event. He might be going home soon as well!

Jezebel.jpg

Jezebel - about 6 months old. Kirby's boss found her outside his house and gave her to us to vet and find a home for her. She was seriously skinny when we first got her (as in the picture above). In 2 weeks, she's already put on a pound or two. She's just been tested and gotten her vaccines so now we are trying to find a home for her.

DSC00531.jpg

Chinchillas! From left to right - Pearl, Diamond, and Opal. They are all 1-2 years old.

Not pictured: The gerbils and rat. I'll try to get their pictures tonight.

Tortie: Omg Rondo is ADORABLE. I wish i could have another cat! I know people on a kitty rescue network of volunteer drivers so that distance is not a problem for any of the cats you are trying to adopt out! If you want me to put you in touch with some of the members.

Also, why are so many of your cats named after classic pro wrestlers?

This is Ghost (Spoiler'd for image size)

DSCN0316.jpg

She's about 3 years old, my son and I adopted her from a shelter when she was about a year old. We called her Ghost because she was a skinny little gray wisp when we got her. She's not very ghostlike anymore though; she's very vocal, greets me at the door, and tries to trip me whenever I walk anywhere.

• Like 1

It just kind of happened that way. We were still watching RAW (before it got sucky) when we first rescued Dusty - he was very "dusty" since he's so fluffy and Kirby filled out the rest. Bobby was the next to be rescued, so he kept the theme going. We recently had a feral kitten who was a little fluffy tuxedo, and his name was Cody Rhodes ;)

Quite a few of our cats that have come and gone were named on the spot - usually at the vet when they needed a name. We ended up with Felicia Hardy and Amaterasu that way.

We are trying to place Rondo in our group's Petco location. He is incredibly dominant for such a small guy, and we tried for months to integrate him with our other cats unsuccessfully. He just keeps attacking them. He's a VERY handsome fellow, though, and so sweet with humans.

Thanks for the offer of the volunteer network - I may take advantage of that if someone long-distance is interested in adopting. My "foster" cats are with a group that has their own rules, but I do have cats here and there that I can adopt out at my discretion.

Also, if anyone is in the NYC area and wants to adopt...let me know! :D

Years ago I wanted a White mouse and my neighbor (teacher on college) got me a white bellied jet black Rat , a Zucker Rat, that species is a Rat(really) designed to develop diabetes and obesity, Mine, Anne, wasn't THAT fat.... Her day was arround sleeping and yawning obviously she could not eat sleeping... Lived with me 4 years, a remarkable time for this species.