What other girl-themed cartoons have you watched and enjoyed?

punky

As Told By Ginger! That's what it was.

I completely forgot about Brace Face. Shame that show only went on for a season or two.

I found out that the show was called Hamtaro. Don't know where I got squirrels from.

I used to watch the Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers reruns a long time ago. Those were pretty good.

I completely forgot that they made a Redwall animated series. Did that air in the US?

Eh, I'm surprised to see so many people say the powerpuff girls are girly. Nobody in my family thought that, and we all watched that show. I mean, sure, the heroines are three girls, but they spent most of their time fighting super villains. I've always classified as a "super hero" cartoon, a bit like batman or superman or whatnot (and those are boys shows for me), with an ironic/humoristic universe instead of a dark one full of criminals. All in all I thought the powerpuff girls were gender neutral, with stuff for boys and stuff for girls in it.

I loved card captor sakura when I was younger. I don't remember much, other that there was a lot of cool dresses in it.

On my side, I can only remember watching Powerpuff Girls. Then the rest... well... the typical stunt-based-violence stuff most of my friends grew up with.

Then the rest was all PC games and such.

I agree. Pretty sure PPG is gender neutral. I'd say 'girly' is something that you'd more so be embarassed to admit, especially to your friends. With the amount of people saying PPG, I doubt anyone is ashamed. XD Sure, the main characters were girls, but Ancre makes a good point. They were superheroes. Just because they weren't male superheroes doesn't mean guys can't have enjoyed it.

Power-Puff Girls.

Totally Spies.

Strawberry Shortcake <-- Not proud of that one.

..and She-Ra.

In fact, I've come to notice that I've watched more girl shows that guy shows... -sigh-

What's not to be proud about? You're enjoying what you want to while ignoring silly hard-set social stigmas.

What's not to be proud about? You're enjoying what you want to while ignoring silly hard-set social stigmas.

They aren't even hard-set! They are fluid! Pink was manly up until the 40s and Blue was feminine! People are just stubborn. We are at the forefront of change! WE ARE REVOLUTIONARIES!

Powerpuff Girls was one of my favorite cartoons as a kid, though looking back I REALLY don't see how it could be geared towards girls and anchored only to that. It seems more often than not, it was made to appeal to the adults AND the kids, much like FiM. No surprise considering McCracken and Faust's involvement, but you get the idea.

My Life as a Teenage Robot, though I don't consider it as a girl-themed cartoon because...IT. WAS. AWESOME! Courtesy of FiM's own Rob Renzetti, the show had constant fight scenes, animation that looked like it came straight out of classic Disney, and a sense of humor that seemed to know EXACTLY who was watching. They've referenced everything from "Aliens" to "Raiders of the Lost Ark" to even "Full Metal Jacket"! It's an AWESOME show, and one that really got undersold at every conceivable angle.