[Library] Public Access [Full]

Puck

Scale Model groaned as the Ponyville library came into sight. "Ugh... finally. I'm never going to get used to these back and forth trips between home and Canterlot..." he muttered. "My hooves are killin' me." Seeing the library apparently open even this early in the morning, the unicorn decided it might be okay to take a look inside before checking in to see if his ma and pa were doing okay. Besides... they might be asleep still.

Peering in, he winced at the book avalanche aftermath scene. "Er... bad time?" he asks, nudging his glasses back into place. "Need a helping hoof?"

jen_pony_header_250.png

A smile spread across Twilight's face as Spike boasted, she managed not to giggle as he acted quite proud of himself. He had a right to be proud, he truly was quite a handsome dragon, especially compared to many of the duller colored dragons she'd seen and read about.

The mare turned to face Starlight as she told Twilight she was just visiting. "That's interesting" she said curiously "Compared to a lot of the big cities we don't have an expansive library. I've been trying to change that, a lot of my favorite books from Canterlot have been brought over."

A loud sneeze followed by a crash cut Twi short as she was speaking. Instinctively she turned her head towards the noise to see poor ShadowMist covered in books! A soft pink glow surrounded Twi's horn as she used her magic to gently lift the books off the filly. "ShadowMist are you alright?" She said as she got the last of the books off and stacked them into neat but out of order piles.

After what seemed like hours of travel and boredom, Ink Quill had finally made it to the outskirts of Ponyville. Proceeding at a slow trot, he sighed at the fact that he didn't pack lightly and had to walk. Even now he began to envy the Pegasus ponies for their wings, after all, it was probably faster and much more enjoyable to fly rather than having to walk. Which is now why he slowly came to a stop.

Peering down the road towards the town as it loomed nearby. “These country ponies sure know how to live a basic life." He mumbled, now sitting to catch his breath and resting his hoofs. His parents didn't bother warning him about the sudden change in lifestyle, and prior to leaving, he attempted to brush up on his country accent, of course, with huge failure. Looking back at that experience made him grin a bit, considering his father told him that he would always be a city colt, and for Ink Quill, that didn't bother him at all.

Taking in a deep breath, he got back to his hooves, and pressed forwards again, “This is probably the most exercise I've had since the school yard." He joked to himself as he trotted along the path. “Check the library first, see if they need help with anything, stay a couple days, before moving on." He spoke up, as a couple of Earth ponies passed by, one of which shot a questioning glance towards the Unicorn, then giggled with her friend. The giggling from the two Earth ponies, only caused Ink Quill to take a faster pace.

Due to practically running, entering town seemed to only take him a few more steps. Finally, he made it to Ponyville. Taking in the sights on his way down the streets, as well as the air, he smiled to himself as he continued. Obviously he was lost, but that didn't hinder his travel through the streets, although, he did ask for directions, and was pointed to a rather strange sight, at least for him. A tree. Correction, a large tree with doors, windows, some few other nicknack's, and a balcony? Odd, he thought.

Turning his head to the side, as he looked at the tree, he then nodded his respects to the pony, and started off towards the tree, it wasn't what he was expecting, but his parents did warn him that things in Ponyville wouldn't be like what they are in Manehatten.

He heard commotion from inside, and hesitated, before finally taking the courage and pushing the doors open, and slipping inside, hopefully unnoticed.

[sorry! I don't remember if I was waiting for somepony to post or if I thought I posted already!]

ShadowMist didn't have time to react as the avalanche of reading material hit her. She heard a few muffled voices, but her head was pounding and still covered in literature. She felt a tug on her tail, and might have protested had she been able to register exactly what was going on.

Finally free from the mound of books, ShadowMist stood and looked around, her vision still blurry. She shook her head violently in an attempt to clear it, and swayed on her hooves just a bit. The library came back into focus, and with it, all the ponies around her.

“I'm okay!†she tried to reassure everypony else. It was mostly true. She had a slight headache and a few bumps, but she was a tough pony, even if she didn't seem like it. “I'm sorry Twilight, I've made such a mess!†she said, beginning to clean up the pile of books.

• 4 weeks later...

<Spike>

Spike sighed as the pony pulled herself out of the destruction, shaking her head. She seemed a bit wobbly on her hooves, but otherwise seemed alright. He sighed a big sigh of relief. Remembering he heard yet another voice at the doorway, he turned to see a very confused looking stallion peering in the door.

"Oh! I think we're okay now, but thanks. Just had a little bit of a mess, not a big surprise in this place!" He said, picking up a few books around him and helping Shadow out with her tidying up. As he put some more books away, he spotted yet ANOTHER pony in the corner of the room, acting like they were trying to keep out of view. He eyeballed the odd stallion a bit, noting his out-of-town air. But he merely shrugged and kept tidying up - books were more important right now.

Today was turning out to be a very busy day!

jen_pony_header_250.png

Twilight fussed a bit over ShadowMist making sure that she was alright. The mare looked a little dizzy and the whole situation definitely startled her "Don't worry about the mess, Spike and I can take care of it... are you sure you're alright?". Twilight was always quite stubborn when it came to admitting she wasn't ok, especially when only asked once, so she asked again just to be safe.

Her attention was turned to the piles of books she stacked up without a thought on the floor around her. Assessing the mess it didn't look too bad, none of the books were damaged; they would just have to be reorganized and put back.

Looking around after hearing another unknown voice, Twilight noticed another two ponies had stepped into the library "Wow this place is busy today!". She didn't pay too much attention to the pony who slipped himself in quietly, he didn't seem to want to be noticed or talked to. Maybe he knew exactly what he wanted and didn't want to get in the way.

As he entered and slipped over to the least crowded area of the library, he hesitated a glance towards the mess of books, and a pony recovering from what he assumed happened a few moments ago, prior to him entering the library.

At this moment, they didn't seem to need much help. A baby dragon, and a couple of other unicorns could easily clean the...a baby dragon? He briefly looked again, turning his head slightly to the side in confusion, or awe, which he wasn't even completely sure yet. It was probably best not to question the situation that he found himself in. Tearing his eye sight away from the oddest thing he's seen since leaving Manehatten, he turned back to the books, half in attempt to ignore staring at the dragon, and half in attempt to actually find a book.

Trying best to keep to himself, he took a couple of steps back from the book case, and used his magic to pull a book down from the top shelf, having absolutely no idea what it was. But that was the joy of randomly picking a book out.

Scale Model nodded and stepped into the library. "That's good. If ya need a helping hoof while I'm about, yadda yadda. You know how the offer usually goes." He nudged his glasses back up. "Looks like this place has gotten a bit livelier since I started taking classes in Canterlot. ...or is this a bit of a fluke?" Looking around, he raised his brows at the purple unicorn's seemingly effortless magical stacking up of all the books that had been in a pile just moments before. Must be an awfully handy trick, he thought to himself.

Shrugging, he turned to the purple and green baby dragon. "Do you have any copies in of 'Everything You Ever Needed To Know About Material Stresses, But Never Wanted to Hear About' by Sturdy Planks? I need to write a paper and Canterlot U's library had all the copies checked out." He pauses for a few moments as he looks over the dragon. Oodles of questions started popping into his mind, but he decided it'd be rather rude to just start asking them out of nowhere. Instead, he looks over one of the shelves of books.

<Spike>

"Everything You Ever Needed To Know About Material Stresses, But Never Wanted to Hear About' by Sturdy Planks? I think we have a copy in the library right now..." Spike said, tapping his chin thoughtfully after he put his armful of books down.

He whisked to the nearest ladder against the far wall, quickly scaling it and pushing himself a bit to one side, the rollers on the ladder letting him whiz over the shelves with ease. With a practiced eye, Spike suddenly stopped in the middle of a shelf, triumphantly pulling a thick, heavy-bound book out from between the other books.

"Ah hah! Found it! I knew we had one here... I'm just glad it wasn't in that book pile we just created. That was only under the 'J' section though - this one was under 'E'!" He said, trotting with his stubby little legs over to the Unicorn, heavy book held over his head.

He caught the shy-looking pony from the corner of the room keep glancing at him over the book he randomly pulled off the shelf.... so absorbed in NOT being noticed he hasn't noticed that the book he was holding... was upside down. Spike simply sighed and shook his head a little - seriously! He'd been in Ponyville for nearly a year now, you'd think ponies would be used to his handsome and regal appearance!

He held the book out under Scale Model's nose. "Here you go! Need anything else?"

ShadowMist blinked a couple of times, still trying to get her bearings even as she attempted to pick up her mess. “Uh—ya I—sure Twilight.” she stammered, not quite sure what state she was in herself. She glanced at the books still lying around, making sure that none of them had fallen and bent their pages. She always tried to keep the book in such good condition, and bent or torn pages would look just awful.

But Twilight was already ahead of her, having stacked the books in random piles all around. ShadowMist sighed. The library was messier than when she'd arrived! And it seemed that quite a few ponies were also visiting the normally almost empty library. Inwardly, ShadowMist groaned. This day was never going to end! And it was still early!

With another, quieter, sigh, ShadowMist began reorganizing the shelves of books she'd misplaced in her blunder. Her head was still aching a little; at least one of the books must have conked her on the head. It made it harder for her to focus her magic, and as she slipped one book onto the shelf, she didn't slide it back all the way... and it fell onto the floor with a light thump.