[Ponyville] When Fire Meets Ice [Dunder, xIceStormx, tacobob]

Dunder

Dunder Blust slowly gliding along the cold morning air. The cool air from the flight to Ponyville from Cloudsdale reminded him of the pony he was about to see. His beloved Ice Storm. One of the most amazing ponies he ever met, and had the fortune of being her special somepony. And, even better, his other friend was coming so the three of them could hang out. Hence why he was coming over so early, to maximize their time to hang out.

After a bit more flying, he reached Ponyville. He navigated over the buildings expertly, as he had visited so many times he knew where her store and home hybrid was by heart. The pegasus stallion landed in front of the frozen treat shop. The sign was switched to "closed" and the doors were locked as expected. He pulled out his key he mare sure twice not to forget and unlocked the doors. He wasn't sure if Ice was still asleep or if she was getting ready.

He slowly opened the door and peeked his head in, scanning the room, "Ice Storm...?" He called in softly. It was early for him to visit, but today was special. And he needed to make sure he got there before Fire did anyway.

Ice had just woken up and she had gotten everything taken care of that she had to. The shop was going to be opening in about an hour and she still needed to get a few things in order for everything and make sure that everything was clean. She had cleaned everything last night, but the simple fact that dust gathers relatively easily during the overnight hours when nothing was being used, and this was a hoof food, she wanted to make sure that everything was spotless so that nothing contaminated anything. Just as she finished cleaning the syrup nozzles she heard the door unlocked and look up. She only knew of one other pony that had a key to the shop, and he was supposed to be in Cloudsdale getting ready for his restaurant.

When he walked through the door though, it was indeed Dunder which surprised her greatly, and he called for her softly. "I'm over here Dunder, is everything okay? Normally you're at work now if I remember correctly or getting ready to head there," she asked concerned. Perhaps something happened in Cloudsdale to the restaurant. In any case, it looked like he was worried about something.

Fire Walker slowly cantered through the cobbled streets of Ponyville in search of the 'Frozen Treats' store her old friend Dunder had suggested they met at. So far, she wasn't having any luck, but at least those who owned the other shops in town were courteous enough to theme their buildings along with their merchandise. The candy store resembled an over-sized gingerbread house, the joke store looked as if some giant jester had left his hat on the roof, still she just wasn't sure what to make of the one that resembled a 'Merry-Go-Round'. If it was what she thought it could be, the red coated Pegasus would be rather shocked, considered the rather family-like atmosphere everything just oozed. Even the town itself was founded by the well known 'Apple' Clan that another old friend of hers was getting dangerously close to joining.

Thankfully the ponies in town were quite friendly and eventually one was able to give her directions to the shop. She made her way towards the front door and noticed the 'closed' sign at the window. Supposedly a friend of his owned the building and business that it contained. She knocked on the door, "Hey Dunder? You in there?", she had looked forward to meeting this friend. Whoever he or she might be, the pony had generally gotten along with the stallion's companions in the past, so she doubted this one would be any different.

Dunder smiled and trotted inside the store when Ice showed herself. It had only been about two days since he last had seen her, but he missed her so much already. He trotted quickly over to her and pulled her close for a big hug. His heart swelling with joy at the sight and feel of her. He pulled away from the hug and looked her in the eyes, "I'm here because I invited a friend over... I'm using up vacation hours to be here today." He said, "Her name is Fire Walker... I was going to tell you, but it slipped my mind last time we saw eachother.." He admitted a little awkwardly. "And the Fire Walker that is in the R.E.A. and did go on all those adventures I keep telling you about." He said with a chuckle. He moved his head closer and closed his eyes, about to deliver a kiss hen he heard a knock on the door voice outside, making him pull back and look towards the entrance. "I think that's Fire..."

He flew over the counter and trotted over to the door, quickly openeing the door from the inside. When he saw the familiar red mare, he smiled and held out his forehooves for a hug, "Fire! It's good to see you!"

Ice Storm listed as Dunder explained that he had invited an old friend to meet her. this intrigued Ice. How much had Dunder told his friend about her? It seemed that she woudl find out soon enough. He explained that she was using her vacation hours to come and see them, so it at the very least must have been important. He went on to say thought that it was the R.E.A. mare that he had told her about. He said that he was going to tell her about her the other day but forgot. She smiled, "It's okay Dunder. As long as she's not a rude pony I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm anxious to..." she started to say as the door opened as Dunder let her in.

Her coat was that of a burnt red, and her mane and tail both looked as if they were a perfect representation of fire. Her cutie mark looked as if it could have been that of a comet, meteor or some sort of shooting start she wasn't able to tell which. She had to admit though that there were some butterflies in her stomach. She knew very little about her and she had no idea how much she knew about her. She would find out soon enough. She walked up behind Dunder and waited inside for Fire Walker to enter.

Fire Walker wore her 'work clothes' which consisted of light grey griffin forged armor graced with blue trimmings and her trusty goggles that hung limp around her neck. "I do apologize for my uniform. Would have preferred something a little less 'amazonian', but the powers that be are always keeping me busy. I was ordered to drop off a package at the local library, something the usual mail carriers would not have been trusted with. Course nopony bothered to tell me the place was in a great big tree. Considering the other business in this area, I assumed the library would have been housed in a building shaped like a big book. Would you believe an actual real live dragon signed for the package?", she glanced around at the treat shop as she cantered in, "Reminds me of 'Freezie Pop's Ice-Cream Shop' back in Canterlot. I usually blew half of my allowa...", she stopped talking the moment she noticed Ice Storm.

"Hello there!", she gave off a friendly smile, but her heart sunk a little as she got a good look at the girl. This friend of Dunder's was not only a mare, but an rather attractive one at that. The Pegasus also began to wonder what sort of friend she was. "You have a lovely shop here. Really nice.", she glanced around, "This is the first time I've actually been to Ponyville and not just passing through to get to the Everfree. I really like this town, so friendly, so quaint, so adorable. Reminds me of the little model villages you'd seen under a Hearth's Warming Eve Tree.", once she got close enough to the pony, she held out her right hoof, "Very nice to meet you, I'm Fire Walker. Er, First Lieutenant Fire Walker, at your service!"

Dunder hugged Fire as she entered. She was rambling off about whatever as she usually did. He listened, still. She usually had something to say about nearly everything, and he knew that she could talk for a long while if not interjected. As she talked, he looked in her eye with a small smile, just listening for a while so she could feel welcome and because what she had to say was pretty interesting. He heard of the dragon, and it was true some of the buildings in Ponyville were kind of ridiculous. But some of the buildings in Canterlot were ridiculous too.

When she trotted inside and introduced herself, Dunder took a spot standing on the side of both of them. Fire seemed polite as always, complementing Ice and introducing herself to the joy of Dunder. Now he wouldn't have to risk being awkward introducing the two mares to each other. He smiled and took a seat on his rump, a little tired still from his flight to Ponyville from Cloudsdale so early in the morning.

He thought about telling fire that Ice and himself were together, but decided against it. It could wait, and if she tried anything, he would force it away to avoid anything happening with Ice.

A faint smile appeared on Ice's face as Fire Walker came into the store. She seemed quite friendly and extended a hoof in greeting. She introduced herself as First Lieutenant Fire Walker, which, sort of went right over Ice's head knowing virtually nothing about the Royal Equestrian Army. The only thing she knew was that they existed, not how anything worked. She listened as she complimented the shop and how she said that she'd never been to Ponyville before. How so far she had loved it because it reminded her of all the old villages that she would see in props from Hearts and Hooves Day. "That's one of the things I've come to love about Ponyville as well," she responded accepting the hoof shake "I'm Ice Storm, as I'm sure you've already heard," she added with a giggle.

"I wish I would have found this place before I moved to Canterlot. I would have saved myself a lot of heartache and stress. As it was though, I'm here now and I have no plans on leaving. I have thought about opening a second store in Canterlot though for when I'm there visiting other friends that I've made there," she told her as she moved back over to make sure the door was still locks. She wasn't quite ready to open the store yet and she didn't want anypony thinking that she had opened early today. "Is there anything I can get fr you while you're here? perhaps a shake or a snow cone?" Ice asked politely.

The red Pegasus embraced the stallion and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, "I really missed my little 'Dunder-Bunny'. It's been so long since we've hung around together, even more so with our other friends.", she smiled and turned her attention back to mare, "Sorry, I just don't get as much time to hang around with the gang like I used to. I'm either running around Equestria doing all kinds of odd jobs or missions, and if I'm in Canterlot, my parents usually have me look after my itty-bitty lil'sister. Think they're trying to tell me something.", she sighed and found a seat near Dunder, "Actually, a shake would hit the spot about now. Maybe strawberry?", she glanced around the shop and fidgeted a little as she sat in her chair,"As for Canterlot, the 'Commons' could use an ice cream speciality shop. Ever since Pop's closed, there hasn't been a proper ice cream parlor in a mule's age."

"When I have kids of my own.", she was now looking directly at Dunder, but she was still talking to Ice Storm,"I'd love to take them to a place like this, just like my mom did all those years ago.", she felt herself slump back into the chair, before she quickly sat up straight, "I do apologize if I seem to be extra-ramblely, Miss Ice Storm, things have been so hectic as of lately, with work, and now my brother Speed is getting married...Ooh.", she got closer to the stallion, "You're invited to the bachelor party by the way..You and Muggo'. It's still half a year away, but he's been planning this thing like forever.", she finally returned her gaze back to the unicorn, "So, how long have you two known each other?"

Dunder pulled over a chair from another table to sit on. When Fire responded t the request for a smoothie, Dunder got back up instantly and trotted over behind the counter. "I'm just going to make myself a smoothie too." He said as he began the process. He didn't want to be lazy and just make Ice make the smoothie. Especially since Fire was over, and she would have known he was better than that anyway. "And when you have foals, you can bring them here anytime. As long as you invite us to the wedding." He said with a chuckle.

Which reminded him, "By the way... Dunder-bunny... I've never heard of that before." He said while glancing over at Ice Storm, "Maybe Ice can steal that nickname." He said with a smile and gave her a small kiss on the lips while she worked, holding it for about a second before pulling away. "We've known each other for a while. I actually met Ice before I met you, Fire. And We only started to date recently..."

As soon as Ice heard Fire Walker make up nicknames for Dunder she was immediately worried. Oh no.... Have... Have I stepped in the middle of something? Perhaps I did take things too fast... she thought to herself before feeling Dunder give her a kiss while she was working on the shake for Fire Walker. Then Dunder told Fire that him and Ice had only recently started dating and that actually scared her. This mare was part of the Royal Equestian Army, and from the way she spoke, an important member which meant she was strong. Ice brought the shake over to her and set it on the table, her hooves very shaky as she wasn't sure what to expect. "Here.... Here is your shake..." she said timidly obvious that she was expecting to be wearing it or at the very least something bad to happen.

Then she broke. "I'm sorry.... I didn't know that he was seeing someone else I promise!!! It's just, he was the first pony that ever to the time to stop and actually care about anything that happened to me and even acknowledge that I was there. I had never felt love before... not even from my own parents so I didn't now what to do and I jumped.... I'm sorry..." Ice whaled thanking Celestia that the doors were closed. What had she done... She had interfered with a perfectly good relationship and she had created a rift. She had caused the exact same thing that happened between her and her parents. "I'm no better than them...." she said quietly under he breath.

The red Pegasus said nothing as she watched the poor mare quiver before her. She had more than a few questions for Dunder, but those could wait, at least for another day. She slowly got up from her chair, scooted over and gave the unicorn a gentle hug, "I'm normally a pretty good judge when it comes to ponies, so let me have a good look at you.", she backed away and studied Ice Storm, "I think you'll do...Yes.", she ran a hoof through her own mane, "If you two will excuse me for a moment..I left my helm outside! Be right back.", she smiled at the two as she quickly galloped out of the ice cream shoppe.

(Please note, this will happen no matter what..If Dunder follows her out, he will see this..)

Fire Walker quickly made her way to an outside bench where she rested her head. Now that neither of the ponies could see her, she was finally able to drop the stoic face and let the tears run free. She knew something like this would happen. She took everything so slowly when it came to the stallion and he quickly ran through her hooves the moment he saw a better mare.

(This will only happen if Dunder comes out to check up on her)

She glanced over her shoulder as he approached, "I like her.", she stated bluntly as she tried to wipe away her tears, "I just thought we had something going on..But I guess I was just another one of the boys, eh?", she growled as she got up from the bench, "Just one you could kiss and.", she quickly hushed up the moment she noticed a small foal and what appeared to be her mother as they passed by, "I'm sorry.", she looked down at her hooves, "Just being selfish. She's really sweet..Very pretty..Just need to stop this crying...", she fell to her knees, "Sorry Dundy...Just can't...", she buried her head into the grass and just laid there.

(A few doodles of Fire Walker, including her with Dunder..And one with a face she's probably making about now.)

firewalkerfinished.png

• Like 1

Dunder watched as he finished up his own shake, paying less attention to the shake and paying more attention to Ice trotting over, looking rather scared. He began to worry. He knew how Ice felt around new ponies, but he could tell something was up. She never acted like this. He became especially worried when she broke out and blurted about Dunder. He couldn't help but blush, no pony ever talked like that about him before... he covered his pinkening muzzle with a hoof when Fire stood up. She seemed rather relaxed and calm, something he was a red flag. The second thing she did that was an obvious red flag was that she began to observe Ice and give her compliments, saying she was basically superior to Fire... He knew where this was headed.

When she said she needed to go get her helmet, Dunder took a step forward, wanting to say something to get her to calm down, but not being able to find the right words. As she galloped away, the realization hit him. "Wait! Fire!" He said, but the doors were already slammed shut.

He flew over the counter, dropping the plastic cup with the half-made smoothie inside. He landed next to Ice and kissed her cheek, he looked worried. "Please..." He said, his face etched withe concern, "I'll... be back." He said as he galloped after Fire.

It took some searching, but when he found her, he galloped over to find her sobbing and crying. He took a step closer, trying to think of something to say to her without getting more sad or angry. When she spoke, he listened surprised. Her response was mostly not expected, he never seen her heartbroken. When she asked him if she was just another mare that he kissed, his face went from surprise to shame. He looked down at the floor, not speaking still as the foal and mother walked by. When she went back to crying, then apologizing for acting the way she was. He sniffed back some tears. He couldn't help but feel guilty for all of this.

As she buried her head in the ground, he sniffed again. She was one of his best friends. One of the ponies he would gladly die for in a heartbeat. One of the ponies he sweat and bled and marched alongside. And now he was the pony to go ahead and hurt her. He trotted over slowly and lifted her up, before she could do anything, he wrapped his forehooves around her and hugged her tight, having to hold back the tears.

"Don't worry... please don't cry, Fire... " He said softly, sounding on the verge of tears. "It's my fault, I should have just never gone out with anypony..." He said and kissed her cheek, "Fire, don't cry. If you cry... I'll *sniff* cry." He said , pulling away from the hug and looking into her eyes. His now letting loose of a few wet streaks doing down his cheek.

"Um.", The red coated Pegasus quickly noticed they were in a rather popular part of town as more than a few ponies passed the way, "Dunder.", she did not want to pull away from the stallion, so she just let her shoulders relax, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be saying these things. It's probably best you have a relationship outside our usual bit of craziness. I do like her.", she wiped away her tears, "She's very pretty and ever so friendly and she has a nice and stable business and you can see her whenever you like. Me on the other hoof, sometimes I get so wrapped up with my R.E.A duties, I don't get to see you for weeks. Even with your brief stint as my loveable Airpony Basic sidekick, there's certain jobs I can't take you along with, even though you'd be really helpful, much more so than the usual they...er...", she blushed a little, "Just all that crazy going up north-ways. Can't say anything else. Maybe later.", she stood up and brushed the grass from her clothing.

"You are happy with her, right? Guess that's all that matters and ofcourse the free ice cream! All you can eat! Almost makes me want to start dating her!",she gave the stallion a wink and started to canter back to the shop, "We better go back, my drink is probably starting to melt..."

Dunder looked away as she spoke. He couldn't look into her big red eyes and not feel terrible. He had broken his friends heart, something he hoped he never had done because he felt the pain himself before.. He hugged her tight, not sure what to do. But if memory served him correct, then she should get over it. He wanted her to, there were better stallions that him. But as she praised Ice, he felt even worse. Did she have to make it seem like she was obsolete to Ice? He wanted her to be happy now, but he could only make one happy.

When she stood up, he closed his now red and teary eyes and nuzzled her, but didn't say anything. He trotted after her, only sneaking a few glances to see how she was holding up. He didn't want to talk, he felt like something he was going to say was going to make everything worse.

When they made it back, he opened the door and slugged in over to Ice and gave her a small nuzzle. It was obvious by the way his eyes were read and streaks of wet, matted fur under his eyes that he was crying.

Ice Storm was still broken on the inside. This was all her fault... she had taken things too fast and had come in between two other ponies. She felt like she was starting to become her parents... That everything and everyone would have been happy had she not said anything at all. What have I done.... What pain have I caused? This isn't fair to anypony... she thought to herself as she wept on the floor as both Fire and Dunder left the store. Now everypony else would know that there were underlying issues within the store after they see two ponies leave one of which she was sure was crying. she could tell that Fire liked him by the way she spoke. She did tell her that she would do... As much as she loved Dunder, she didn't like the fact of what was going on!

Why must I always end up being a burden to everypony around me... My parents, my friends, just about everypony in Canterlot, sheesh I was even troublesome for a princess and nearly ruined her open house!!! she thought to herself weeping wishing that for a moment she could just disappear. She heard the door open again and she saw the two of them standing in the doorway and Dunder came over to nuzzle her. They both had been crying, which only made her feel even worse. "I'm.... Im sorry... I... I should have asked.... if you were seeing somepony first..." she spoke through sobs. She couldn't even bring herself to look at Fire Walker. "I'm.... I'm sorry... I really have become my parents..." she stated burying her face in her hooves. It seemed at the very least, the store would be opening late today.

"Don't be sorry..Guess I should have asked as well.", she wandered over to the other side of Ice Storm and gave her a hug, "And technically, we weren't really seeing each other, we're co-workers, I guess that would be the right word for it.", she paused to think about this before nodding her head, "And you know how Dunders is when he's happy or excited...He tends to get a little affectionate.", she wisely avoided going into the details. "Still, I rather like you and your shop. I have a lot of good memories of going to places like this when I was a little filly"

She found a set and plopped down on it,"Mom and I would get to spend one day a month together. Just the two of us. No brothers to get in the way.", she took a sip from her melty-shake, "I'd always get the ice cream with the little bubble-gums inside. She always liked the butter pecan. Then one Sunday, we stopped at the shop and noticed it was closed..But for good. Broke my heart. I thought my one special day with mom was over, afterall, the ice cream shop was closed forever..But as they say, when the gods close a door, another opens in its place. And sure enough, we started hanging around a local tea-house near Canterlot Gardens.", she frowned a little as she realized she was starting to ramble, which she tended to do when she was nervous, "I believe you're just right for my bestest Dunderous buddy-pal. He needs a pony that will be there for him..Not some crazy girl who might not be able to see him due to some secret hush hush mission near the Crysa...er...place...secret...", she sighed as she glanced at the clock. It wasn't even close to being five o'clock.

"Do you need any help with the shop? I do have some experience behind the counter, and I do believe you're already past your normal opening times..Eh?", she smiled somewhat sheepishly at the two ponies.

Dunder didn't look at Ice as she spoke. He couldn't watch as she was breaking down in front of him, and he knew it was his fault. He shouldn't have liked Fire before, and he shouldn't have invited her here today. He nuzzled Ice again and licked her ear "You did nothing wrong. And you're definitely not like your parents." He whispered. He knew that mentioning of her parents was not a good sign at all. Especially if she compared herself to them. He almost forgot about her relationship to her parents, but he knew that it was anything but healthy.

Dunder looked up as Fire started speaking. He looked suddenly nervous when she mentioned how he gets affectionate when happy or excited. He knew what she was referring to, and would rather not speak of it in front of Ice. But as she continued, he listened to her use her mortar mouth, like he had become used to. He remembered this story, but hearing it again as she was a pretty good story-teller was always welcome. When she mentioned how Dunder and Ice worked well together, he looked down at the floor. He could only feel remorse for it all. He leaned over to Ice and gave her another peck on the cheek before getting up silently and trotting over and flying over the counter.

"Well. You can help us, I'm going to probably stay here all day so I can help too." He said, not looking up at Fire or Ice, just cleaning up the smoothie he dropped when he ran out of the store.

Ice still felt completely horrible about the entire situation that had ensued. She was a slight bit relieved when Fire Walker said that she should have asked as well, and that they were actually just co-workers. They weren't really seeing each other, but Dunder got, affectionate when he got happy or excited. Something that Ice knew first hand about and she liked about Dunder. She then said that she loved her store, that she used to go to back in Canterlot. She said it was called Freezie Pops Ice-Cream Shop. Ice liked the name, but she liked hers better for obvious reasons. "Really, he closed down too? I thought he was in a much better part of Canterlot for frozen treats than I was. I'm actually quite surprised," she said to Fire Walker. Fire Walker talked a bit about her relationship with her mother though, and Ice's mood soured again. She wished she had even half of that relationship. Only thing she had was emptiness, and sorrow.

She felt Dunder then give her a nibble on her ear and further emphasized that she had done nothing wrong and that she definitely wasn't her parents. When she heard Fire Walker add that she thought that she was perfect for him, she blushed a bit. She further added that he needed somepony that would be there for him, not somepony that would be idolizing him from behind a bush near a place that she wouldn't mention. That got a small chuckle from Ice, and when she offered to help with the store she nodded. "I could always use some extra help, and yeah, I was supposed to open thirty minutes ago. Thankfully there's no pony outside yet. Not that it matters anyway, this is normally a slow time for me. It'll pick up in about an hour or so though," she informed everypony.

"I didn't find out till later that Pop's shop was closed, not due to poor business, but due to his declining health. The old stallion was getting on in years and he just couldn't run the place like he used to. Ending up passing away shortly after and his kids who had no business running such a place, so they sold the building. Such is life.", she finished off her melt-shake and almost seconds after Ice had mentioned that there was no pony outside, a loud knocking could be heard outside. "HEY! You guys are 'posed to be open now!", a young voice could be heard outside of the door, which was followed by even louder knocking.

"Wind?", Fire was caught off guard, "What in the word is she..Excuse me please.", she gave off a worried look as she quickly got up from her chair and cantered over to the door, "Wind Walker, is that you?", the Pegasus asked as she slowly opened the door. "No! It's Scar-Skilled the Breaded!", a school-aged filly Pegasus replied as she bounded into the ice cream shop. "Sky said you would be here eating ice cream! Why in the world was I not invited!?", the child quickly strolled into view. She looked eerily similar to the older Pegasus, which made sense, as Fire had spoken of her little sister in the past. "Hey! You're that fuzzy brown guy Sis is always talking about! The one with the cute rump! Hey hey!", she smiled and waggled her eyebrows at the stallion as she found herself a seat. Like her older sister, the filly was one color, but different shades with her coat being a light blue, while her short and near mane and tail were of a darker blue. She wore a colorful saddlebag which a small green plush Pegasus pony with what appeared to be dragon wings which hung from her pack. Her cutie mark was of a small tornado with two wings attached to its side.

Before Fire could open her mouth, the filly continued, "When Sky asked me if I wanted to go to Ponyville with him for some boring shopping he needed to do, I was like..Bleh!", she stuck out her tongue in mock-disgust, "But then he said you would be here and getting ice cream! REAL Ice Cream! None of that Gelato stuff they have in Canterlot! I hate Gelato! It looks like a pony blew his nose into a bowl! Blonde-boy is over at some store getting a pair of jackets that he ordered. He's going on an adventure just like you!", she smiled cheerfully as she turned her attention to Ice Storm, "Can I have some ice cream?!", she was quickly nudged in the shoulder by her big sister, "Er..I mean, may I please have some ice cream? Do you have the kind with the bubble gum inside?"

Dunder lsitned to the conversation idly as he picked up the smoothie, now melting, from the floor. He was not really concerned with the ice cream store that closed down, instead he was thinking about how he could make this all up to Fire and Ice. Maybe he could take them both shopping and buy them stuff? He didn't know...maybe he was a terribly boyfriend. Still, he listened to them both. Even though he didn't know much what they were talking about, Fire's anecdotes were often well told and interesting. So, he just listened in.

When he heard a filly at the door, he looked over and saw a filly bounce in and Fire call her Wind Walker... he remembered the filly. He watched the filly bounce in and seat herself and demand ice cream. When she addressed Dunder, Dunder grinned and stuck his tongue out at her, "Heh... your sister says a lot about me, I know." He said as he moved over and put on an apron. "Sure! I can get you some ice cream." He said happily. He loved Fillys and colts, especially when they were cute and not bratty. He glanced around the counter... "Now..where is the scooper thingy." He said, checking around and moving stuff over.

"Oh, well I hope that everything is okay. After all, he was always really nice and it's sad to hear that his health is declining. I'll have to pay him a visit before things go too far south for him," she aid before she heard a knocking at the door with a loud voice behind it saying that they were supposed to be open. Ice smiled and apparently the pegasus recognized the voice and went over to the door and sure enough she was apparently right as the smaller bluish colored pegasus entered the store, and based how she was talking was apparently Fire's Sister. She mentioned a few other things like who told her where she cold find fire and things like that. Ice just smiled when she asked why Fire had come for ice cream and she wasn't invited. Ice had to laugh at that.

She then heard the filly ask for ice cream saying she hadn't had real ice cream in forever. that the only thing that they served in Canterlot now was Gelato and she hated it. Again Ice laughed, "I can guarantee you won't find any of that stuff here. I only carry the highest quality products at my store, and for that only the real ice cream can do. I've never even heard of this Gelato stuff, and quite frankly after you've described it, I'm not sure I want to." she stated as the small filly asked about the ice cream with bubble gum in it. "I don't have the ice cream with the bubble gum already in it, but I do have bubble gum flavored ice cream that I can put gum balls in. The reason I don't keep them together is the gum gets too hard to chew, and honestly, who likes bubble gum that can't be chewed!? that totally defeats the purpose of bubble gum!!!" she said smiling while Dunder was looking for the scoop which Ice lifted right up in front of him with a smirky smile.

"Well...", The little filly took a moment to ponder, "Guess I could just have cookies and cream then. Whip cream. Cherry on the top. Maybe bananas. Nuts. Peanut butter cups....", the elder mare quickly interrupted, "I'm sorry Miss Ice Storm, but just the ice cream please. No extras.". The younger sister could not help but glare back at Fire walker, "Don't give me that look! You eat all of that and you'll end up with a tummy ache and I'll have to listen to you moan and groan on our train-ride back to Canterlot.

The other blue pony switched gears and tried a new approach. This time she stared back at her sister with a look of deep and infinite sadness. Her eyes seemed to grow larger by the second. This was too much for Fire, "Alright. Whipped Cream. But nothing else. You eat too much sweets as it is.", she smiled at the filly before turning back to the others, "Sorry about that...So, what's up in Ponyville?", she glanced out of the window, "I always wanted to just go here and hang out for whole day. For such a little bitty village, it sure takes up a lot of space in the papers. Always something interesting here happens it seems. Once a week. I know Princess Celestia's Champions live here. You ever meet any of them?"

Dunder smiled back just as snerky when Ice telekinesis floated the ice cream scooper. He gave her a small kiss on the nose as he trotted past her and back around the counter, quickly untieing the apron with his mouth. He sat down on one of the tables again, stretching his legs and wings while listening to Fire and the little filly talk about the Ice Cream, then listening to Fire throw in her remarks about how the filly shouldn't be eating so much sweets. One thing he noted was that the filly was able to manipulate Fire into at least getting whipped cream on the ice cream, which was good business for Ice.

When Fire asked about meeting one of Celestia's heroes, Dunder nodded and smiled. "Yep! I met Rainbow Dash. Once we helped stop a fire in the everfree, back before I met either of you. Then I saw her again at Winter Wrap up. And that's it." He lied. In fact, he kissed Applejack. One of his first kisses, and one of his favorite.

Ice giggled as the two sisters got into a minor disagreement over what type of ice cream could be provided. It seemed like the filly wanted everything and the moon on the sundae but the older sister told her that she could only have the ice cream, that anything else would give the filly a tummy ache that Fire did not want to listen to on the ride back to Canterlot. Ice could only wish that she had a sister. Perhaps if she had a sister things wouldn't have gotten as bad as they did and she's still be on speaking terms with her parents. That being said, it was the reality of the fact that she didn't and, for what would be her sister's sake, hope she never would. That would mean that her horrific parents had either had another child or adopted one that they would never take care of or treat with any sort of dignity.

Ice could only give a warm smile though when Fire gave in and let her get whipped cream on the ice cream. Ice nodded and placed a double scoop of cookies and cream and whipped cream. "Haha, here you go, and don't worry, this one's on me," Ice said with a smile. She figured that she'd go ahead and treat the pony since she was late getting open. When Fire commented about Ponyville though, Ice smiled. "Well, I can definitely say that Ponyville is a lot homier that Canterlot has ever been, at least for me anyways. The entire reason why I moved here was to get away from the rudeness that I had to deal with in regards to most of the nobles there. For the most part though, he city has been slowly redeeming itself, but it's an up-hill struggle give a couple recent events," she stated taking a breath.

"In regards to your other question though, yes actually I have. Rarity is one of my closest friends here in Ponyville and is the only pony in Equestria at this point that I would ever trust to lay a hoof on any of my dresses. Not just because she's made both of them but because I've never seen a fashion artist as good as she is. All of her work is simply perfect and you'll not find anything higher quality anywhere in Equestria, and she's very reasonably priced as well!! Not only that she's very kind hearted as well! when I first moved here, I had lost everything that I had but was invited to a formal party here. I unfortunately had nothing for this event and I went to her boutique and she let me put a very small amount towards a dress and put enough trust in me to pay her back when I could. Something I made sure to do so tenfold," she told Fire giving Rarity as much praise as possible.