EXPOSITION! I has it.

Years had passed since we had seen our friends at the Grey Area Condominium Complex. Things have changed. Most notably, the owner and founder, Mr. Grey Matter (GreyMatter) himself, had moved out. He and his wife, Pesto, (CrimsonNova) had long wished to start a family, but while the complex was, in fact, built to be family friendly, RUNNING it with a family was another thing entirely. So eventually, Grey chose some young blood, somepony not romantically involved at that point to take over for him. Besides, the guy needed a win, being rejected so oft from the royal guard. So, Grey named Clear Skies (Cainiam) as the new owner, on the condition that he not change the name or the family friendly style. In the meantime, his mentor, Watcher (also Cainiam), formerly a member of the Royal Guard, nears retirement age, and they have grown together, into a relationship that can only be explained as a mixture of two friends and a father son relationship.

Speaking of military jobs, Pawn (fireraven23) is now under the employ of the Equestrian Army, and has in fact proven himself worthy enough to be declared a General, and is thus following his grandfather's footsteps, making him a very happy pony. He is, at the moment, on vacation, although he still pays for his room at the condo, and it awaits his eventual return. And what of his friend, Hotshot (GreyMatter)? Well Hotshot, with the help of his friend, moved past his days of playing sports. Instead, he followed his friend into the army. While not quite intelligent enough to be a general, Hotshot has become a strong follower, but can make a brash decision when he needs to. As a result of his strength, when Pawn made general, Hotshot was the first soldier he chose to lead. His wife, Rocka (Snowy) is touring.

Ah, wives, so much romance has happened in the meantime as well! For one, Chrysalis (QueenChrysalis747) and Cloud (CloudShimmers) are married and have a foal! And Swash the Buckle (ExtravagantEvil) and Snowy (Snowy)? They have a foal on the way! But...don't tell Swash. He doesn't know yet, because he is currently out pirating. Snowy hopes to surprise him wit the news when he returns, but she doesn't know if he will return in time. She may just end up surprising him with the foal itself at this rate! And Thyme (fireraven23)? No, not a mother. Not to a pony at least, but she does still have her cat, Sugar. She has actually been touring Equestria, not as a celebrity. Not at first, at least, but now? Well she just got her cookbook published, and is a celebrity chef. She just made her return, at her old job, giving the Grey Area an even better chef than they had when she was younger.

But on to those young'ins, eh? Neon Scratch (Snowy) and Twilight Shine (hinata2000100)? They are now about teenage, but smart kids! In fact, Neon has been taken as an apprentice by Ponyville's own Vinyl Scratch. She had seen a lot of herself in him. And Twilight has stayed living here, and has developed a crush on Neon as well. And Easy Going (TheBlueMage) finished his kids playhouse! It is gonna get a lot more use coming up, with all the new foals. In fact, after his work here, he has built and designed buildings all over Equestria. Going from a Foreman to an architect, he has the respect of his employees by being the first really hands on architect. And now he has returned to his old stomping grounds to take a break, and see how the place is.

Easy Going's friends from the Mareibbean have gone their seperate ways, the brutish brother, Gumbo (TheBlueMage) has returned home, to tame the untamed lands, while the mystical sister, Mojo (TheBlueMage), who prefers to be called Madame Mystic, has gone about Equestria in an effort to seek fame. She met many odd and eccentric ponies like herself, but still, she always remembered life at the Grey Area, and was destined to return some day.

The Grey Area also has some new tennants! First off is Tarot (TheBlueMage...who else?), a unicorn known for going from place to place telling people of their future, with uncanny, but not 100%, accuracy. The newest tennant though, is a very mysterious pony named Vox Cast (Shame)...

Well, that took a while to type, but I think that is everypony. Let's get started then, hmm? Seeing as how Grey Isn't here at the moment, I will leave it up to somepony else to get us started...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mom your still so slow you know that!" the younger cal hanging made said to her mother and giggled, "Now come along I've been dying to see this Grey complexion or whatever it was for so long!"

Chrysalis sighed, "Crystalis your a full grown Mare act like one! Your setting a bar example to your you get sister!" she said to the changling mate who just made a stupid face and flew above them

Clear Skies trotted out of his brand new office on the bottom floor, and past a couple of ponies trotting off to some room. He gave a polite nod and smile as he passed. Business was booming now. Almost every room was full, and Clear had a full staff of ponies working at all times. He still made a point of sticking to the values that he had learnt from Grey though, and insisted on greeting everypony who came through those double doors, and committing their names to memory. Although technically he was the manager of these condominiums, almost all of his work was delegated down the chain, though he tried to do his fair share. It's just paperwork was not his forte. At all. Thanks to his dyslexia.

He had been so surprised when Grey Matter had approached him and offered him the job as manager. He had served his best as security for a time, before his promotion to head of daytime security, and then general security after Watcher had stepped down. Now security was under the ever watchful eye of Guardian, although Clear liked to check up on him every so often. Although security had never really been an issue. All the ponies here were so peaceful, and everything so ordered. Sometimes he missed the tumultuous times that he had had with his old friends.

Ah, well. He had a job to do. He headed over to the secretary's desk and smiled warmly at a familiar blue pegasus. "Morning, Snowy. Any new arrivals today?" he asked with a chipper smile. It was hard to keep track of everypony, but Snowy somehow still managed, despite being pregnant.

Watcher was doing his morning gallop. It paid to stay healthy. Despite now being retired, he had actually started to open up to life a lot more. He still regarded his life on the service as time well spent serving the greatest country on the planet, but he was more open to other ideas and philosophies. Heck, he'd even made things up with Chrysalis after her attack on Canterlot all that time ago. He was still a pony of routine though. And it was almost time for breakfast. Time to get back. Watcher turned and started to canter back when he spotted a familiar face up ahead.

"Hey there, Chrysalis. Good to see you. Taking a walk?" He asked, not aware of the younger changeling flying around their heads.

Cloud walked up next to Chrysalis, a little dark grey filly following him.

"A-and then can you and mommy teach me to fly?" The little filly asked.

"Yes Misty, when we get back home from our vacation, we'll teach you." Cloud smiled at his and Chrysalis' daughter.

Cloud and Chrysalis were visiting the Grey Area as a family vacation. They moved away a few months before Misty, their filly, was even a thought. "Hey there Watcher, good to see you."

The filly hoped around excitedly, and looked up to her older sister, "Will you help me fly too, Crystal?"

Thyme walked into the complex large smile on her face, and Sugar resting in her saddlebag. "I may have a bad memory, but I remember this place!" She looked around at the familiar architecture, surprised at the large amount of ponies in the area. She saw another memory at every wall she looked at. "That's where I accidently inhaled poison joke and was flown around by little trooper! That was a funny day." She felt a bit old, remembering everything from before, and realising she was only a teen when she worked here. She didn't care though, she always liked the idea of being old. She decided the place with most of her memories would be the dining hall, where she worked and saw most of the ponies. She was also curious as how the food changed since she left. Obviously not as good as when she worked there.

Pawn trotted in, smile of pride on his face, over-polished medal on his chest, which was proof of his status as a general. He was taller, slightly more muscular, and hair slightly less combed than before. He still lived by his old Code of Living, but he was much more leniant, since it ended after gaining his position. He walked around, realising how much the Grey Area has changed, mostly with amount of people. He decided on finding the old dining room. It was the place where he decided he would live at the Grey Area, having met two old friends there, and his old role model Watcher.

Vox walked up the sidewalk and stopped at the building, drawing out a piece of paper and reading it, then looking back to the building. 'Well... This is the place...' He sighed, straightening his old military saddlebags. He ascends the steps and opens the door, lowering his head to avoid drawing attention to himself, being a cyclops and all.

Misty got bored of listening to the grown ups talk, she wandered around until she saw a familiar mare looking at walls, "WOW!" Misty walked up to her(Thyme). "Y-you're the mare who's on Daddy's book!" She squeed. "The one for cooking!"

Thyme giggled as the little filly was talking about her. "Your dad? Do I know him? OOH! A GUESSING GAME! Okay, was it... Watchy? No, he doesn't have kids... Cleary? Or.... I KNOW! You're Swaffs kid! No, wait, his name was... SWASH! That's it! I'm right, aren't I?"

Chrysalis smiled at watcher and dipped her head, "Good to see you again, how have you been?" she asked him. Crystalis on the other hand followed her younger sister and landed next to her, listening to them talk, "No her father's Cloud,"

"Oh yeah, Cloudy! He was with... That Queen Chisholm er... Chryslis! That must be it!" The waitress came to take her order. "I'll just get some eggs, scrambled, and some milk in a platter for the kitty." Sugar climbed out of her bag, and laid on the table. Sugar was getting old and lasier, and because of that, managed to keep better groomed than when she was curious and explorative. She turned back to the young ones. "It was Chryslis, right?"

"I'm getting better at this! I'm so happy that it worked out for Chrisy and Cloudy! I wasn't sure how it would work, since Chrisy's a changeling. I guess they're not that different. So, what's your names? Is it... Rain and Sun?!" The waitress arrived and gave Sugar her milk. Sugar started drinking it up, while there still seemed to be some time 'till the eggs arrived.

Watcher smiled at Chrysalis. "I've been great. Ever since I retired as a security guard, I've been feeling a little bit misplaced, but now... now I feel great! It's this fitness regime I've gotten myself into, I swear, it works wonders. I'm never inactive, and Clear and Guardian both need me on hoof. They're good, don't get me wrong, but every so often they need a little nudge. My life isn't interesting though, but I'm sure yours is. How's the family? I'm sure being king is interesting?

(OOC: Waiting for Snowy to reply before I approach Shame..."

Chrysalis smiled and giggled, "Yeah we'll though his is tchnically king ya know I let most Changlings go one with there own life, now that we're mostly accepted it makes them such changed creatures," she giggled again, "Pardon that pun there!"

Crystalis smiled, "Nope, I'm Crystalis but you can just call me Crystal, and my little sis here is Misty," she smiled at her sister warmly

"I met the cook book mare!" Misty smiled. "A-and Crystal is a guard! And when we get back home, I'm going to learn to fly!" Misty flapped her tiny wings.

Cloud smiled at Watcher, "Yeah, I've yet to give any kingly command, but I've met a few other Changelings here or there."

Vox took the moment where most of the others were focused on other things to approach the counter. "Hiya! Is this where I pick up my keys?" He said in his most chipper tone possible, to the pony behind the counter.

Thyme laughed after what Misty said. "Usually older ponies are the ones who recognise me. I thought it would be a while until a younger guy would know me. Of course, you're Cloud's kid, I guess I should have expected that." Thyme said out loud, though was mostly speaking to herself. "A guard? That must be interesting. Speaking of guards, doesn't Pawn do something related to guarding something?"

Snowy happily trotted out of her room and made her way downstairs. She woke up in a very lighthearted mood for some reason. Maybe it was the perfect weather outside, or the eagerness of her soon to come foal. While both reasons could be considered, the main reason was probably because of the fact that today is the day that Swash returns from his voyage. She couldn't wait to see him and surprise him with the news, although she was a bit nervous and did have some second thoughts, but she decided to cross that bridge when she came to it.

She took a few moments to look around the hallway as she made her way to her desk. Not much had changed during the five years she's been there, except for a few details, such as new renovations and such. But the one of the main things she thought about, excluding the obvious, was how proud she was of her little brother, Neon. He had come a long way from his dreams as a little foal, and now that he was actually living out most of those dreams and on the path to making them a reality, well, she couldn't be happier for him. She chuckled softly to herself as memories of when he went to his first Viynal Scratch concert floated around in her head, and how obsessed he became with DJ-ing afterward.

However, she was brought out of her thoughts when she heard the voice of somepony address her. Slightly shaking her head to focus, she looked up and saw Clear standing in front of her. She smiled lightly at him and nodded at his question before pulling a couple papers from under the desk. "G-Good morning, Mr.Skies..and so far, there seems to be only one new tenant...a Mr.Vox I think..reserved a room here.." she replied,gesturing to one of the papers. She then looked over at the new pony that had just approached her desk with a request. "U-Um..hello sir, welcome t-to the Grey Area..I'm sorry.., but I'm not the one who gives out the room keys.." she replied quietly.

A few months ago...

Pesto was rushing down the halls of the hospital. Not walking, however, but in a wheelchair. Grey, however, was running behind her. Today was her birthday. No, not the day she was born, but the day she gave birth. Two wonderful pegasi. A filly and a colt. Grey knew from that instant, that he was gonna have his hooves full. And he wouldn't have it any other way.

Today.

Grey was about ready to go. All of his things were packed, but the children were floating all over the place. They were up on the ceiling, and there was no way Grey could reach them. Luckily, he called out for Pesto and she got them down in an instant. This was part of the reason he loved her so much, she was a mother. Full time. They were a perfect match for each other. But something was gone. They missed their old life, with their friends. So, they were going back. Grey had a successful business, but that could practically run itself by now. So they packed up. It was too calm here. Two kids Grey had no hope to control, flying all over the place, was just too calm for him. His old job was much more hectic. Like having a tower full of kids. He was always babysitting, even the old guys! He missed it. At least the randomness, he knew he couldn't handle the "kids" AND his foals. So he had left. but he thought now, he could handle being AROUND the "kids" while caring for his foals. So that was what he did, and today he set out. It only took a few hours to get there. He thought about his entrance for a moment, but looked inside and saw how many people were there. So he opted for a simple entrance.

He walked into the building, loudly announcing, "HEY EVERYPONY!" He was glad to be home.