What do you want to see in the new season?

Not in season two since I picture it more as part of a series wrap up, so not for a very long time but....

The Cutie Mark Crusaders all get their cutie marks but they're all separate when they do and after the initial glee they start to worry about how the other two will feel when they find out and thus decide to try and hide it, which obviously fails in the end but after celebrating they decide to still be Th Cutie Mark Crusaders but help other Fillies and Colts find their cutie marks (or there's a new student in their class that they help)

An episode where Spike finds out about some sort of ledgend where he has to find/do something and if he does he'll become Prince of the Dragons so he sets out to do so (we all know why :) ) and yes, he probably would fail, but I'd like to think he'd get a hug out of it

A camping episode, where they would camp or what would happen I have no idea, it would just be fun to see how each one of them reacts (This is a bit ironic, both my parents and I hate camping yet I love episodes about camping)

Some more back story episodes would be great! Actually there are a couple of things I'd really love to see with Twilight Sparkle having gone to school with Trixie once and Trixie having not been that great and resenting Twilight's talent (they could have a scene where Trixie is showing off her "more than perfect score" which is a bad score with a one scribbled in after the fact) or Twilight having an arguement with a really obnoxious colt (colt blueblood)

ah, um I'd like to see a scene where dr. whooves runs by in the background looking panicked. maybe have it in a large busy crowd where you wouldn't really notice it...

And run into a blue phone box

Or even have a nod to the fezzes are cool quote (there are so many possibilities for this one....so very many)

Halloween episode

PRETTY PLEEEEEAAASE??

That might be ok, as long as they make their own holiday.

Ooooh ooooh!!!!!

and - and add a song about THAT FESTIVITY TOO!!!! *o*

just like

Imagine something like that, with a pony holiday, and the pony all dressed up and singing!!

OMYGOSH!! :idea:

The Cutie Mark Crusaders all get their cutie marks but they're all separate when they do and after the initial glee they start to worry about how the other two will feel when they find out and thus decide to try and hide it, which obviously fails in the end but after celebrating they decide to still be Th Cutie Mark Crusaders but help other Fillies and Colts find their cutie marks (or there's a new student in their class that they help)

Yeah, I had the exact same idea. That would be a pretty sweet ep, especially if it's done so that the audience never actually sees the cutie marks until the end of the episode.

Halloween episode

PRETTY PLEEEEEAAASE??

That might be ok, as long as they make their own holiday.

Ooooh ooooh!!!!!

and - and add a song about THAT FESTIVITY TOO!!!! *o*

just like

Imagine something like that, with a pony holiday, and the pony all dressed up and singing!!

OMYGOSH!! :idea:

You, sir, just made the time between the hour of ponies I watched at 8:00 and the time I play Portal 2 in ten minutes 20% Cooler with that video. I salute you for bringing a nostalgic tear to my eye.

15 Things I Want to See in Season 2

1. More male characters. While I like to ship with the mane 6 together (excluding Applejack and Rarity), there's no way Hasbro would allow their characters to be lesbo. How do we solve this? More male characters in which they can have a relationship with.

2. Some form of relationship. Spike and Rarity is good but the whole shtick of it is Spike failing to get the girl, but he continues trying. Give somebody a guy to do something with.

Although it is true Hasbro will never put any of the characters in a same sex relationship due to the potential backlash from "concerned parents", I don't see them putting any of the major characters in an opposite sex relationship either, mainly because of the target demographic (and of course putting one in a relationship may cause fan rage among the bronies, but Hasbro isn't going to care about that). However I would like to see more male characters, I don't expect a large number, but it be nice to have a few more along with more consistent and better done voices for them.

2. What actually happened to Scootaloo's family (did you notice that on "Show stoppers", when the CMC get their prizes, it is Applejack, Rarity and... RAINBOW DASH??? going to take 'em and congratulate. Is Scootaloo alone?? And where are the others' parents anyways? Do they only live with sisters? o_o"

Yes, many of us wonder about their parents. I think in particular Scootaloo's, since we haven't even seen a sister from her. (It's been confirmed that she and Rainbow Dash have no relation.)

3. The entity making Luna evil will return as a new threat. It's been confirmed Nightmare moon = Luna + evil thingie.

But I like Luna. No more evil Luna. Also, where was that confirmed, I guess I haven't seen it.

6. Breakdowns. I think they're the secret engine of the whole show, as they make the ponies' personalities.... real. Give em their 3D, round feeling of not just being perfect fake characters, but living things.

I don't think the characters have ever really felt fake or "cookie cutter." They're all pretty real, and it's even shown that they have depth, issues, and emotions and feelings.

actually I've thought about that too. I'd like to see Twilight go back to her old school. maybe there would be a bunch of baby dragons running around.
:smirk:

Also, one thing I DO NOT WANT to see:

HUMANS.

agreed. I tried to think of a way for humans to fit in, then it didn't work ._.

at all.

whatsoever.

Psh this could TOTALLY work:

17004%20-%20artist%3Amadmax%20Dragon%20h

5. An overarching villain. Whether it's just some dark manifestation that possesses things or an actual evil pony, either way.

Actually, it's been confirmed that there WILL be another "big bad" in season 2.

6. An overarching plot. You can still have single episode plots, but one overarching plot that creates conflict.

This was actually Faust's original idea/concept. Hasbro didn't like it, so it's not happening. It doesn't make for a good kids show, because kids aren't going to necessarily be consistent and committed to sitting down and watching ponies at a certain hour of the day. Not to mention remembering what happened in the previous episodes.

7. One episode where Trixie and Appleloosa returns for something.

I feel like this isn't the first time someone has said, 'Trixie goes to Appleloosa'.

8. More dragon assistants. If every test to enter Canterlot's school for gifted ponies is about hatching a dragon egg... I wonder how many dragon assistants are there out there!!

actually I've thought about that too. I'd like to see Twilight go back to her old school. maybe there would be a bunch of baby dragons running around.

Yeah, I had the exact same idea. That would be a pretty sweet ep, especially if it's done so that the audience never actually sees the cutie marks until the end of the episode.

A camping episode, where they would camp or what would happen I have no idea, it would just be fun to see how each one of them reacts (This is a bit ironic, both my parents and I hate camping yet I love episodes about camping)
Halloween episode

PRETTY PLEEEEEAAASE??

These actually sound like legit potential episodes.

6. An overarching plot. You can still have single episode plots, but one overarching plot that creates conflict.

This was actually Faust's original idea/concept. Hasbro didn't like it, so it's not happening. It doesn't make for a good kids show, because kids aren't going to necessarily be consistent and committed to sitting down and watching ponies at a certain hour of the day. Not to mention remembering what happened in the previous episodes.

I believe I'd read as much as well, but just today I was sifting through Faust's DA for dancing Milky Way icons and she commented that she could have put in more continuity, but opted for more slice of life episodes instead. I wish I could say what the date was on that, but it was sometime between now and may (I'm thinking it was a more recent comment).

I'd like to know more about Scootaloo.

I really think that if they were to make a Scoot-based episode, it'd be quite... sad. :sniff:

I mean: check the "The show stoppers" episode.

In the end, both AJ and Rarity are there to congratulate with their respective sisters...

And then there's Rainbow Dash.

It's been confirmed there's NO relation between Scootaloo and Dash... so why is she there? The idea she's there to cheer what clues bring me to believe is an orphan filly makes her even MORE AWESOME in my eyes... but makes me sad for Scoot...

29455502.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In the end, both AJ and Rarity are there to congratulate with their respective sisters...

It's been confirmed there's NO relation between Scootaloo and Dash... so why is she there? The idea she's there to cheer what clues bring me to believe is an orphan filly makes her even MORE AWESOME in my eyes... but makes me sad for Scoot...

29455502.th.jpg

I think Dash is a "big sister" type to Scootaloo, serving as her idol and hero and who Scootaloo wants to be.

But yeah, it'd be interesting to see where's her sister or parents...or anybody's for that matter.

8YASb.jpg

RrhlC.jpg

Confirmed stuff for Season 2:

-Twilight still reads books

-Twilight still spends time in her library

-Spike is still Twilight's assistant

What shocking developments!

What would be ultra-ironic is if you were wrong.

EDIT: Actually, what time stamps are those vids?

29455502.th.jpg

I think Dash is a "big sister" type to Scootaloo, serving as her idol and hero and who Scootaloo wants to be.

But yeah, it'd be interesting to see where's her sister or parents...or anybody's for that matter.

I never noticed Rainbow Dash implying Scoots support from the end of The Show Stoppers. Very interesing...

I really think that if they were to make a Scoot-based episode, it'd be quite... sad. :sniff:

I mean: check the "The show stoppers" episode.

29455502.th.jpg

And making Scootaloo throw away her apple core is definitely something a role model would do.

Remember, Faust said that Rainbow Dash isn't really the sibling type.

Although it would be neat to see, I don't think that's how their relationship was portrayed in season 1.

I always thought of Rainbow Dash's presence in that scene as more symbolic of those the foals are most connected with.

Yet you will agree that having a connection with a stranger (or at least someone not of the family) more than any of your parents/relatives is kinda odd.

What I think is: they didn't really think of anything for Scootaloo.

What I hope is: they'll give this situation all the implications. What they're showing us is a world that, for how magical it can be, it ain't perfect and painless, just like real life is. I would really appreciate a bit of melancholy, even if always pointing up to the happy ending.

Some of the S1 episodes were pretty deep, on a second reading. I expect them to give S2 more "hints" for the more mature people following the show (specially bronies) on the everyday good and bad things.

I am not expecting (not even wanting really) sexual innuendos of sort, before you ask. (even tho I'm sure there were a couple in S1 already... :kissy: )

It hadn't really crossed my mind that they were just out of ideas for Scoot. Everything about the characters in this show seems so well thought through.

It would seem that the amount of character development they have put into other characters gives us as hardcore fans a respect that if we see some kind of connection, that the writers must have a good reason for it. But there will be some times where they are just throwing a few elements together without any real thought about the significance of those elements.

Scoot and Dash share a lot, however. I don't think a literal sisterhood is necessary here. It's easy to imagine a future where an older Dash, past her physical prime, and having matured, would take an active interest in Scootaloo. I can see them becoming the closest of friends, although not without growing pains.