Faust is having a baby!

Dessa

Via Deviant Art:

***Well I guess the cat's out of the bag. (I'm a bit disappointed [slashthrough]some FB friend chose not to respect my privacy.[/slashthrough]someone cyber-stalked me and couldn't respect my privacy. I suppose I should have expected it. I guess I'm going to have to do an FB friend cull) Anyway, I just want everyone to understand that my pregnancy is absolutely, positively NOT the reason I'm no longer on the show. It's just a happy side effect that happened after-the-fact.***

Yay! This is great news for her. I hope having kids doesn't make her lose her edge like Eddie Murphy or any number of other stars who weren't as good after having kids. But I'll leave the worries for later.

Unrelated side question: Could we get forum code to include slashthrough tags? Pretty handy, those.

I tell you what. I wonder if she truly likes all the attention she's getting. I bet it becomes quite a nuisance after a while. I'm happy for her though--babies make life fun.

It's good news and all, but I don't really think this needed its own topic...

*Points to above image*

It dose now. I need somewhere to contain the Sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

Thats such great news, I'm so happy for her!

I am actually inclined to agree that that photo combined with the news makes this a worthy topic.

It's good news and all, but I don't really think this needed its own topic...

*Points to above image*

It dose now. I need somewhere to contain the Sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:

Thats such great news, I'm so happy for her!

I am actually inclined to agree that that photo combined with the news makes this a worthy topic.

:lol:

Your welcome! LOL

It's only semi-related to other topics currently going on. I've been on boards where the mods will split things like this away from other topics, so I figured I'd just save the mods a step and do it for them. The chat is 98% unusable right now. I gotta do SOMETHING.

This isn't that big of a deal for me. So what? She had a baby. That's nothing to congratulate about. :/

So don't then?

That's the thing. This isn't even that big of news. Whenever I hear someone having a baby, I just don't give a crap about it. I mean, there's far more serious news going on now. Why is this such a huge deal? <.<

Babies are a major change in a person's life. This will likely have an impact on her career. If she was considering going back to the reportedly insane hours she put in for FiM (on another project, perhaps), this is very likely to make her rethink that. Kids need attention, and she's not going to have as much time for cartoons. So even if you're not the type to gush over babies (I'm not), this is still newsworthy.

Babies are a major change in a person's life. This will likely have an impact on her career. If she was considering going back to the reportedly insane hours she put in for FiM (on another project, perhaps), this is very likely to make her rethink that. Kids need attention, and she's not going to have as much time for cartoons. So even if you're not the type to gush over babies (I'm not), this is still newsworthy.

Though she's made it clear this is not the reason she stepped down.

Though she's made it clear this is not the reason she stepped down.

Yeah, it's more about future implications. A good producer is worth following.

This isn't that big of a deal for me. So what? She had a baby. That's nothing to congratulate about. :/

Not everypony sees eye to eye, but having the opportunity to carry a life inside you, that is a part of you, and will grow up to be their own person someday? To many, there is nothing more exciting, rewarding, or important in life. Sure, it can be a hard scary business, but I personally think its awesome she will get to experience her own child. Not everypony gets too. I think there is a lot there to celebrate. Doesn't matter how its cut, life is precious; it blows my mind to even think about being able to have a hand in creating it.

Not everypony sees eye to eye, but having the opportunity to carry a life inside you, that is a part of you, and will grow up to be their own person someday? To many, there is nothing more exciting, rewarding, or important in life. Sure, it can be a hard scary business, but I personally think its awesome she will get to experience her own child. Not everypony gets too. I think there is a lot there to celebrate. Doesn't matter how its cut, life is precious; it blows my mind to even think about being able to have a hand in creating it.

I am not going to lie that made me tear up. Well said.

I think that this is going to be a great experience for her.