Canterlot Voice Ep.8 -

Tenkan

Hello, everypony!

The Canterlot Voice is back with a new host, new look, and new Canterlot member to interview!

Join us as we talk about Weird Al's pony interests, the topic of how maturity might surpass age, and how the first episodes of MLP:FiM might not be the best to show others.

http://soundcloud.com/tenkanvlog/the-canterlot-voice-ep-8

Show Notes

Hosts

• Noctriix
  • Tenkan

Guests

• ping111

News

Threads on the Rise:

Featured Artist:

Interview Included in Podcast

Discussion

What are the right episodes to introduce to new people?

Other Cool Stuff

Intro Song: Pony Should Pony Pony by alllevelsatonce

News Jingle Music by IRocksZ28

Outro Song: Winter Wrap Up Metalized by Bronyfied

I'd like to personally thank all of you who gave us your feedback on the podcast and helped us further improve the show! You guys rock. :)

And a big shoutout to IRocksZ28 for the awesome music track that played in the music section. :D

• Like 1

This episode, like the rest, was great! :D

You didn't sound awful Ping! At least you don't sound like me when I try singing without doing vocal excercises. It is not something you want to hear.

I might, because I had to sing for 20 minutes straight today. IT BUUUURNS.

Try an hour of pure belting and singing high notes. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT BURNING FEELS LIKE. ;~;

OH DON'T I? I have to belt and use vibrato to THIS and more: http://haftorahaudio.com/shemini.html Click "play your Haftorah" to learn the true meaning of pain. This guy slowed it down so that he wouldn't die half way through. Maybe I'll record myself doing it someday..

Heh. When exactly did I become associated with ponies in socks? I thought that was Brian's thing... :lol:

Though don't get me wrong it is definitely something I do enjoy. :P

Good episode. Noctriix and Tenkan both continue to be good hosts. I'd say that it was good to hear from someone who is both one of our newer and one of your younger members, but considering what ping said during the interview I think I'll just emphasize the former. It's great to hear that a member who has only been around for a matter of weeks is feeling so welcome here. I think that speaks to a great success for the site. :)

Kinda surprised by the thread on the rise chosen. A site procedure FAQ in the news section from a number of months ago? It's not something I'd particularly call "on the rise" but then again it is important information and a good thing for everyone to be aware of, so I can't really fault it there. ;)

Penumbra was another good choice for the artist segment. Oh, and the discussion topic was a cool one. I actually personally don't think it's such a bad thing to show the first episodes to start with; that's where I started and things turned out more than fine. I'd personally suggest Swarm of the Century though; one of the most well balanced and strong episodes in my opinion.

Also, Noctriix seriously needs to watch season 2 now. :mad:

• Like 1

Once again, I highly enjoyed this episode. You have a great format which makes it a real pleasure to listen to, and both the hosts and the interviewee were highly entertaining. Here's my comments on some of the things brought up.

Noctriix - Go find season 2 right now. Watch it. No arguments, just do it.

I also disagree with your (rather strongly worded) sentiment that watching the show in the order it aired is somehow the wrong way of doing it. In my view, saying this is doing a disservice to the creators; for whatever reasons, they made a creative decision as to which order the episodes should go in, meaning that is the way they are intended to be viewed. I'm not saying that you're wrong, that's just how I see it - with any form of art, you should always consider the creator's intentions. Please don't shoot me.

Finally, thanks for putting the podcast on soundcloud, but could you pleasepleaseplease make it available for download somehow? As I said on the last podcast thread, I like to listen to stuff like this on the go, and it would make it a lot easier for me if you did...

Once again, I highly enjoyed this episode. You have a great format which makes it a real pleasure to listen to, and both the hosts and the interviewee were highly entertaining. Here's my comments on some of the things brought up.

Noctriix - Go find season 2 right now. Watch it. No arguments, just do it.

I also disagree with your (rather strongly worded) sentiment that watching the show in the order it aired is somehow the wrong way of doing it. In my view, saying this is doing a disservice to the creators; for whatever reasons, they made a creative decision as to which order the episodes should go in, meaning that is the way they are intended to be viewed. I'm not saying that you're wrong, that's just how I see it - with any form of art, you should always consider the creator's intentions. Please don't shoot me.

Finally, thanks for putting the podcast on soundcloud, but could you pleasepleaseplease make it available for download somehow? As I said on the last podcast thread, I like to listen to stuff like this on the go, and it would make it a lot easier for me if you did...

You can use a Youtube converter to turn it into an MP3.

I use this: http://www.listentoyoutube.com/

It isn't perfect and sometimes either doesn't work or takes afew tries, but eventually, 90% of the time it works.

Podcast continues to be decent. It's good, but I still need to be convinced that this should take space on my 1GB iPod shuffle with other podcasts. I think the problem is that the news segment tends to be news I either have already heard discussed in other places or don't consider interesting, so it's a time sink for me personally. Your podcast is at its best when it is about Canterlot or the members from it and is at its worst when it is Brony Podcast #700. Farm this forum and continue to talk to staff for more direct content.

Also, take a gander in the General OOC Chatter forum in Mane RP for The Forum Roleplay Awards. Right now it is one main thread and six polls, but it will have nearly double that amount soon. It followed a three week nomination period and a week-long vetting process by a committee and sought to get the best of the cream of the crop. For those outside mane RP, several FFA topics were nominated and one managed to make its way onto the final ballot in its category. It's a first time concept and full of holes, but the hope is that it will become a regular feature. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• Like 1