A bittersweet moment.

frenzyhero

About Myself: I'm a member of the BSA and an Eagle Scout. I live in Alabama, USA. I like to read, write, and play video games.

How I found Canterlot.com: Somebody on Mlpforums.com linked me here long before I was unrightfully banned for holding multiple accounts.

How I became a fan of MLP:FiM: My name is Robert, and I became a brony sometime in April when MLP was added to Netflix.

My favourite main cast pony/s: Fluttershy,Rainbow Dash,Twilight Sparkle
Unfortunately, I cannot write any fanfiction, though I would very much like to, due to my situation. My town isn't very open to bronies. Honestly, just about everything that I have worth saying was said up there.

Wow, thanks for the positive replys quickly. Is there anything not mentioned in the rules that I should know about? Just like an unspoken standard around here?

As far as I know (which honestly isn't too much yet) just act like a nice person and everyone'll get along fine! Oh, and welcome! :P
  • Like 2

Hi, welcome to Canterlot. :)

Let me tell you right off the bat that multiple accounts are a bannable offense here too.

Yeah, that's a universal forum standard. I understand that.

I should probably mention that I try to get my point across in the easiest way possible, and I don't try to spare feelings if they don't need to be.

Would you mind me asking if there are any signatures here? I've been looking at the rules and the interface besides this thread.

Welcome to Canterlot! Hope you have tons of fun here! :D

Also, what videogames do you like to play?

I mainly play FPS, but I enjoy a nice RPG now and then. Been catching up on Dark Souls lately.

I really can't stand platformers and old-school shoot 'em ups though. They all tend to blend together.

Would you mind me asking if there are any signatures here? I've been looking at the rules and the interface besides this thread.

Of course! Don't you see mine? You should be able to change it in your settings. You generally need 3 posts to do some things around here, so the option might not have been available to you before.

I do have a suggestion on a course of action that may help you write fanfiction without anyone knowing.

Here is what you do...

1) Create a penname

2) Use private browse mode on whatever browser you are using

3) Make a google account, especially a drive account using that pen name

4) Type everything up in drive, ensuring that you never save to your computer. And leave no tracks anywhere other than on an account that cannot be traced back to you (unless someone REALLY had it out for you and had access to Google's IP logs)

5) Publish here under this account (I assume your account here is secret)

6) Create a FIMFiction account in the same manner and repeat step 5 only on FIMFiction. (optional)

Note: This is all assuming there is no keylogger or any such program on your computer, that would tip family off to your doings. But considering that you are on here, I feel safe in that assumption.

It would be a darn shame if you didn't do something you wanted just because you were worried about what others would think. Use the internet's anonymity to your advantage and do what you love and create. If you DO end up taking my advice, I'd even consider lifting my self-imposed fan-fiction ban to read it :D (I just have a thing against fan fiction in general)

I hope that helps!

Welcome to Canterlot!

• Like 1

Funny how you asked this:

Is there anything not mentioned in the rules that I should know about? Just like an unspoken standard around here?

Liked this post:

As far as I know just act like a nice person and everyone'll get along fine!

Then posted:

I don't try to spare feelings if they don't need to be.

You reject what is acceptable and expect to fit in?

132924697968.gif

Not sure how well that will work for you, but go ahead. :) Lots of inventors, scientists, and philosophers discovered great things by going against the norm. Some of them also died because of that... :-|