Ace Attorney 5 is coming to the US!

http://www.examiner.com/article/capcom-announces-ace-attorney-5-for-nintendo-3ds-will-see-a-western-release

At long last, another Ace Attorney game is coming to the United States! For all it's worth, I hope it's good. Capcom hasn't been on a very good track lately, but this could be the start of their recovery. Or the final nail in their coffin. Will see about it soon. And from what I got on the Ace Attorney fansite, Court Records, the Japan release date is November 28th, so I'm estimating a release from late March to May 2013.

But, still, AN ACE ATTORNEY GAME IS COMING TO THE STATES!!

I hope this game does 3 things

:

A: Make sure Phoenix has his signature hair ( It's like Dante Sparda, the hair is kinda his signature look that you DON'T go messing with.)

B: Make sure it's the ORIGINAL TEAM WHO MADE ACE ATTORNEY 1 2 3

C: MAKE SURE IT MAKES APOLLO JUSTICE NON-CANON (I'm Sorry, but that game dissapointed me to no end.)

C: MAKE SURE IT MAKES APOLLO JUSTICE NON-CANON (I'm Sorry, but that game dissapointed me to no end.)

Sorry, but it's confirmed that it takes place after Apollo Justice, after Phoenix takes the bar exam again.

I quite liked Apollo Justice, though I prefer Phoenix as a main character.

They'd better bring Maya back. :roll: Also make Iris non-canon so I can ship Nick and Maya.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

B: Make sure it's the ORIGINAL TEAM WHO MADE ACE ATTORNEY 1 2 3

Do ANY of Capcom's original star game-creating staff still work for them? Haven't they pretty much driven every single amazingly talented employee of theirs into quitting by now? I mean.. Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe's creator's gone.. Okami's creators are gone.. Megaman's creator, Inafune, has quit.. I'm pretty sure the entirity of the original Resident Evil team's gone as well. Heck, they even lost their leading face in the Western market over at Capcom of America due to him disliking their business practices.

I guess what I'm suggestin' is: don't hold your breath? lol I mean, it could be awesome. Or it could be like every other Capcom release in recent years and a total betrayal of a fanbase. At least if your expectations're low, it mightn't sting as much if it is - and if it's awesome, all the more pleasant a surprise?

snapback.png[colour=#282828]Deadpool, on 11 September 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:[/colour]

[colour=#282828]B: Make sure it's the ORIGINAL TEAM WHO MADE ACE ATTORNEY 1 2 3[/colour]

Sorry, but it's confirmed It's being scripted and written by the Ace Attorney Investigations team.

Shuu Takumi (the creator of the series) is overseeing the AA V PL Crossover title.

However, I have confidence that they can treat the core series with the decency it deserves.