Any Beanie Babies Collectors?

Bellosh

Seeing this is a MLP forum, I was pondering if there are bronies out there who collect Beanie Babies? While I'm not a collector myself, my family "inherited" several boxes filled with Beanies several years ago, and now we're trying to sell them all... at least, try to sell the ones my mom doesn't keep for herself (ironic fact: she favors horse beanies). A few of them kinda look cool even to me, which is something I can't say with the official MLP toys. While we've had a couple of incidents regarding obsessive quality standands among buyers (we mark our products as "like-new but used"), overall things are running smoothly. :blush:

So, what does everyone else think about Beanie Babies? Does someone have a particular favorite they like?

Whenever I see a beanie baby at like a thrift store I just have to buy it ^_^. My favorite is a beanie baby chameleon named Rainbow that I've had since I was like 5 or 6... and I'm 18 now... he's in pretty rough shape but I patch him up every chance I get... right now he needs more beans lol.

$40! The most we ever sold a Beanie Babie for was about $7 (Tabasco was the $7 one in case you were wondering), but then again, we try to undercut other sellers just so we can get rid of our Beanies.

I never considered myself a collector.

However, I hunted down Speedy (turtle) and Pinch (lobster) with a fervor that made other people think I cared about beanie babies in general. So I ended up with a few others: Liz (Lizard), Crunch (shark) and Pinkie (Flamingo). Pinkie and Crunch grew on me. But only pinch and speedy remain. I brought speedy to a chess tournament once to encourage my opponents to underestimate me. I can't recall how that turned out, but I did well in all my tournaments.

The best beanie baby moment was when my sister and I put on a 6 act variety puppet show for our parents that included musical numbers, Shakespeare, and a murder mystery.

Was the ostrich named Stretch by any chance, MLPT? Stretch was one of the Beanies I sold last month, but I know TY loved to make multiple versions of the same animal. Case in point; at least three beanies I know of have been based off walruses. :o

• 1 year later...

back when i was like 10 i had a beanie baby chicken i named Tyrone i used to sleep with him and would use my self as a medium for him to speak lol best times of my life..then we moved and i lost him in one of my 7 moves over the years.. :cry: