One character? Two?

SonicRainboomGirl

Hi there. I've been accepted to play Cranky Doodle Donkey in the Mane RP. I'm certain that I'll need Matilda to be with him often, considering they're kind of a pair. Considering there's nopony playing Matilda, I was wondering if I should play them both.

I recommend not -- part of the fun of roleplay is interacting with other players and their characters. It's kind of nice having control of Pumpkin with Pinkie (and it makes Pumpkin easier to play), but part of the fun is not knowing how the other player may react. Ultimately, it's up to you, but remember each cast has a minimum posting requirement, and it's cumulative to the number of characters you have.

That said, there are more characters going up for applications soon you may have interest in applying for.

• Like 1

Rosie's got the idea.

I don't mean to add Matilda as a character, skip the application process, or play her seperate from Cranky, but they ARE total lovebirds and I may need her in the future for many reasons. After all, he says quite plainly in "A Friend In Deed" that he just wants to spend some time with Matilda, he's spent his whole life looking for her. I could bribe somebody into playing her, but that doesn't seem fair. Part of Cranky's character IS Matilda, they're a duo. In most situations I can't see him going on a huge adventure alone. While Cranky is fun by himself, bringing him into lots of situations on his own just isn't going to work.

Well, nowhere you talk about apping her, so I just wanted to make sure you understood. :)

If you want to look for examples of how to play more then one character in one post, you should look into Mojo's posts in the 100 Country Kisses thread. If that looks like something for you, go for it. It's certainly allowed, and possible.

If one needs another for the sake of plot purposes, or even just for the sake of the setting, I think it should be allowed. The difference between them and the Cakes is that they're not as major. Less appearances should mean more liberty to play around with them as long as one isn't dragging Matilda from post to post, right?

If one needs another for the sake of plot purposes, or even just for the sake of the setting, I think it should be allowed. The difference between them and the Cakes is that they're not as major. Less appearances should mean more liberty to play around with them as long as one isn't dragging Matilda from post to post, right?

Well in this case, the character in question is a T3. The user is free to apply for the character, since she has no current player.

So the solution is to add another character app? Seems a bit...weighty. Then again, I don't keep eyes on the cast apps as often as I should. If Matilda's a character to be apped, currently, then I guess I understand. But it does seem like a bit much work. Especially since one should be able to work supplemental material in and out of a post.

So the solution is to add another character app? Seems a bit...weighty. Then again, I don't keep eyes on the cast apps as often as I should. If Matilda's a character to be apped, currently, then I guess I understand. But it does seem like a bit much work. Especially since one should be able to work supplemental material in and out of a post.

Mr. and Mrs. Cake both require apps. You don't get one just because you applied for the other. :) You don't get Inkie Pie just because you apped Blinkie Pie. You don't get Luna because you apped Celestia. It doesn't make sense to get a second relative without an app, even if they're really close.

I do understand what you're implying, but NOBODY wants to play Matilda. Seriously. Luna and Celestia, everybody loves them. Inkie and Blinkie are both adorable, and the Cakes are endearing. But there are other characters I'd like to play, and I'd only use Matilda for situations WITH Cranky. It just seems like a big waste of time, to be honest. I don't mean to be disrespectful or anything, don't misunderstand my intentions here.

What you have to realize is that we can't allow that, because it would mean that we have to allow others to do that kind of stuff as well. And once we do, we find ourselves and quite the slippery slope.

Within the current rule construct, you are not allowed to play Matilda without apping her first. Doesn't have to be a big, elaborate app, if you don't expect competition, but we can't have anyone play cast characters in Mane RP without an application. :)

Then it can be assumed that there shouldn't be as much to be done for said app, right? As it's been established, no one wants to play Matlida, so an app containing the bare essentials should be satisfactory.