Legends of the Pony Pirates! OOC discussion [open]

Talex

It seems people are taking heed to the suggestions from the original idea thread and my new wish list ^^

It is awesome that Royal Range is in the navy, and rping as his captain is perfectly acceptable. I actually hope Blackmane sails into him in the future! >:3 legal pirates always did annoy the navy back then...

QueenChrysalis, thank you for taking up the ghost pirates! ^^ I eagerly await your application! :D

Name: Soul Flare

Sex: stallion

Species: unicorn

Eye Color: green

Coat Color: red

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: (see spoiler)

(General appearance):

154wql1.jpg

(Cutiemark): a magic mark like twilight sparkle's but based on gold and silver instead of purple

(Ship description): Small. large enough to hold maybe eight or nine ponies, but it's fast and maneuverable

(Weapons/Fighting style): is skilled with a sword but tends to use weapons produced through his magic

(Lifelong dream as a pirate/whatever they are): To live a life of adventure with his friends and to find someone who's identity he keeps to himself.

(History): just before starting this new life at sea he ran away from a powerful, prestigious and influential magic academy, bringing a book along with him. Now he sails the sea with his two best friends, A griffin named Pierce and a zebra named Zō.

(Personality): His story is at it's climax 24/7. he'll never pass up a chance to make it showy! ....oh and he never takes off his bracelets

Ok just 2 mane(see what I did there) questions:

1) can this be here ship (http://ak.buy.com/PI/0/500/201702480.jpg) [thas from a Mega Blox set called Pyrates, it was epic!)

2) How do you suppose about her? I mean she is a ghost so she can't be killed but she can't kill you, maybe she just drains your energy or makes you go to sleep and sinks the ship? (capsize?)

Soul Flare, a magically inclined pirate who conjures up his own weapons? I approve. But is he the captain of his ship? just curious.

QueenChrysalis, (I see what you did there) the ship is fine (it looks cool :kissy: ) and then the thing with ghost pirates is they can be almost anything. The thing I had in mind is that their spirits are tangible, and can be slashed by a sword and injured like any other pony (but having all the powers of being undead). OR you could give them a special lore or back story with a hidden weakness. Like a necklace they wear, and without it they fade to nothing, or a sword that gives them their presence in this world. Something like that. Or maybe they're bound to their ship and can't go anywhere unless the ship is close by, meaning sinking it would end their rein. There's so much possibility with ghost pirates, it's really up to you and your creativity. As long as they aren't invincible I will consider almost anything.

Present the app and I'll approve it if I see that it works. If not, then I'll point out what I find unnecessary and then we can fix it :)

• Like 1

You could say you hear Black Mane's bomb. I did that so others could join the fight ^^ what pirate isn't attracted to a big boom? Lol

I would reply and plan right now but I'm doing this from my iPod at school xD it's an out dated iPod touch so I can :P

So this was started two days ago.

1: ALL OF MY YES! PIRATE PONIES!

2: How are we doing RPs? Is there going to be one massive, ongoing thread, or are we doing it similar to the Mane RP where there are as many threads as people want?

3: Can I start a character at "The Legend Ends"? Long character app short: Old pirate wants to go out with a bang.

A pirate with a death wish? Sure! That'll be awesome, and I can finally add a "The Legend of _____ comes to an End..." in the accepted apps. ^^ that will be perfect! xD And you're not late, no one's late. It's pirates!!! Anyone can sail onto the horizon at anytime! :D

We're doing this in a single thread. (links already provided on first page.) So far it hasn't been confusing, and you can sort of see where everyone is. (btw, I think it's hilarious that there is a shipping going on during the battle xD it's like, you read all this combat and then a romantic scene and then back to combat. It's so funny) I see why having multiple threads would work, but this just makes bumping into each others characters easier. And that's where the fun is x3

And just a heads up to everyone, I'm thinking about playing another character besides Black Mane, but he would need a ship to pick him up like Dusk's character. Any volunteers? :P And I can just say he's been on your ship the whole time if you're already in the water ^^

Oh my, we are getting a Legend Ending? I'm very interested to see how this turns out! I predict the shedding of many manly tears of manliness

Duskstorm: :D Great work on Harla, old chum! You can never go wrong with some good ol' Chibi!

Talex: In the water? *snaps fingers* Dang, out of the running already.

Alright, working on my app. Just one last question: is there any sort of pre-canon to this or are we just going to make it up as we go along, so long as it isn't too far out there?

This won't affect my app, just curious to know.

Also, it isn't so much a death wish as he literally wants to leave his legacy with a bang. You'll see.

Umm.. I can't say that I've thought of any pre-cannon that isn't based on the history of the actual era. Making things up as we go along, as long as it isn't drastic, is fine.

Can't wait for the app :D

@Thebluemage: I am confused o.o I just wanted to make another character XD Black Mane ain't goin down yet >:3 (at least as far as I know, depends on how future fights play out 0.o)

i want in!

Name: BlackPowder

Sex: Male

[colour=#282828]Age: Stallion [/colour]

Species: Pegasus

Eye colour: his right is red. the left is grey, he is blind in his left eye

Coat colour: Dark gray, with a hint of blue

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: hair is jet black, his tail is cut short he has a scar on his left eye, along with an "X" scar on his right cheek

[colour=#282828](General appearance): farly tall for a pony, but not as tall as a princess. classic pirate hat and a blue trench coat that he stole from his navy days along with his trusty sword the '[/colour]lupo di mare' or Sea dog. The sword is about 2 1/2 feet long, the sword looks like this but with a golden hilt, it also has its name carved onto its side, this blade was given to him by his father before his passing. he also has a surprisingly well trimmed goatee.

[colour=#282828](Cutiemark): Jolly Roger (skull and crossbones)[/colour]

[colour=#282828](Ship description): his ship, the "[/colour]scorbuto cane" (scurvy dog) was built for power, armed to the teeth with light armor and a hearty room to store his loot.

[colour=#282828](Weapons/Fighting style): Black like thing up close, if he can he will swing over to the other ship just to he can hit people with his sword. using a combination of his sword and stealing guns to fire at who he is attacking in the confusion. [/colour]

[colour=#282828](Lifelong dream as a pirate/whatever they are): Born into the navy Black later became a pirate at a young age, getting the jolly roger on his flank. stealing much of what he owns,including his ship, and coat. both where taken from his time in the Navy. stealing a ship is much harder than it sounds, fighting of old friends while gaining new crew members. The mission was [/colour]Supposed[colour=#282828] to be a grab and run, but nothing ever goes as planed. in the struggle he gained the 'X' scar on his check. after [/colour]escaping[colour=#282828] he soon found out that no one can be trusted on the seas [/colour][colour=#282828]not even even your crew,[/colour][colour=#282828] after losing his sight in his left eye. , and most nights he sleeps with a flintlock under his bed. [/colour]

[colour=#282828](Personality): He trust no one, on the sea there is only you and your crew, '[/colour]Non fidarti di nessuno, teme il mare' Trust no one, Fear the sea. he is stern, and if things don't goes his way, He'll make them.

StringHeart, by all means, throw a monkey wrench!!!! :lol: That's the fun with pirate battles is that almost anyone can just come in and keep the fight going. you can chase down blackmane or go into the fog to find red, it's up to you :P Or do something completely different ;) If your decision does involve another character, and you're not sure how to go about it or if you're not sure they're okay with it, PM them.

Chardude, I see no real problems with the character. I just think you're missing a few details that will help give us an idea of who he is.

In your app you mention something about BlackPowder stealing his ship, sword, and a trench coat from the navy. Could you elaborate a bit with a history section? Did he attack and raid the navy? does the scares have anything to do with it? I know you said he was born into it, but how'd he get out?

And also, what does his name mean? you said he likes fighting up close, but does he also like heavy bombardments of cannons?

Could you describe his sword a bit more? if his specialty is up close fighting, then wouldn't he have some sort of special blade?

Which eye is red? Which eye is grey?

Which eye is red? Which eye is grey?

Im gonna touch that up, but i just wanted to point out that gray eyes usually means some one is blind in that eye just puttin' that here ;)

and no, his name doesn't mean much. just a nice sounding pirate name. his sword wasn't stolen it was given to him by his father. (i should put that in there XD)