Legends of the Pony Pirates! OOC discussion [open]

Talex

A month sounds like too much of a time skip. Perhaps 2-3 weeks? I don't want to completely start over. And the navy ship being partially damaged might add an interesting twist latter on. And here's my idea on how Soul Flare escaped. Seeing that he was setting up some sort of ritual, StringHeart could say that he used a powerful teleportation spell? One that used some sort of ritual magic instead of unicorn since the cell he was in prevented any of that and his horn was broken. It could work :razz:

Your idea sounds solid, Shame.

Anymore thoughts on this? I want to know a few more people like the idea before we get started.

I like the idea of a main enemy though, which is why I wave Red Sails' card around a lot.

A nice main plot for the moment (In my opinion) Would be the players working to amass themselves against a common enemy, that allows people who don't want to stay for the long run an opportunity to hop out, and we can start a new chapter!

And who wouldn't love to see "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend." In action?

Time to take the Ruskie down a notch.

About 6 feet worth, to be exact. ;)

That can easily take place during a treasure race :P I just really don't know where to go from here. And starting a new chapter with a time skip is rather appealing right now.

Cain actually knows what the book contains, i was gonna keep it under wraps for a little while longer, but i could reveal a little if ya'll want.

i planned for it to be a diary from a mare he looked up to and knew quite well. she was a teacher at the academy and mysteriously disappeared (and is presumed dead), leaving behind only her book that was coded in both written code and magical code. soul flare is the only one who knows the translation spells (which the mare taught him) and has decoded about 20% of the book, which he reads regularly hoping it will lead him to his lost friend. the book contains more than just the mare's adventures, but research on other creatures, magic, cultures, rituals, plants, magical artifacts, and other things of that sort.

as for how he planned to escape, the marks on his chains aren't for teleportation. :20:

Alright, well I had no idea what your plans with the marks were :blush: And that is a very nice story about the diary and all, but could we possibly throw a treasure map in there somewhere too? :3 or a map to a map? (map-ception) Of coarse we could also just use something entirely different as well, but I'm starting to get hooked on my own ideas :razz:

i guess he could find a map in the book, like i said it's full of stuff. Soul flares mentor was more adventurer than teacher.....think, unicorn version of Daring Doo.

the marks are to turn the chains into a magical item he can use to escape, the longer he sits around wearing them, the more in sync with the new item he'll be.

Yes Chardude, just remember you'll be his first mate. And although your character has captain experience, Black Mane will be greedy with his authority :razz:

This works, StringHeart.

As for plot goes, we have my beginning suggestions to get all of our characters started. The treasure race with typical character relationships and rivalries, and Red Sail is a designated villain to all and will have to be taken down by all of us banding together at some point (possibly near finding the treasure, to give it that added suspense and the possibility of betrayal at the end of the battle.) Sound about right? :3

I feel like the treasure should be kept vague as well; to give it even more mystery and allure.

I've also noticed that there seems to be a few groups forming

-Black Mane and Black Powder

-Red Stripe and Shimmers

-Harla Quine and Cloud Shimmers

-and then the Royal Range(navy guy), Soul Flare, and Red Sail seem to be going solo

*arm flail* I'll do it I'll do it I'll do it!

*ahem* Actually, I had a different idea on how to start it. It was going to be really vague so anyone could come up with reasons, but my idea was, basically, rumors started, something powerful, but unknown details. Characters go after it for whatever reasons they have.

Well I have some bad news. I'll be gone this weekend so I won't be able to do anything until... say... Monday? I dunno. But you guys figure out what we're gonna do! And I'mma go start up the thread, okay? okay!

I'll link it here when it's up

I left it general so we can go with whatever you guys decide on.

... so wait, am I actually starting it? You guys seemed like you had a pretty set idea on how you were going to go about it, but Roaring Flame doesn't have any prior interaction with anyone, so he doesn't really have a reason to follow anyone, and it looked to me like one big game of "follow the leader."

Yeah, establishing a solid plan before posting anything might be a bit helpful. We have essentially two options at this point. Either my plan, or Korok's plan. But I won't be posting in awhile so you guys decide. (I prefer my plan, but that's sort of a given)

Both plans seem to have merit. While I like Talex's as it involves the group and our past relationships, it doesn't quite cover everyone so well. For instance the Navy isn't going to go after some vague treasure, that's not their job. Neither will Red Sail I'd imagine. He'd be busy plundering things. While it is attractive to the pirates, the others not so much. Korok's plan does cover that in a way, but it would require each of us to give a sort of prologue to explain our motives and how we heard about it. While that's not a big issue, it does require us to put more thought in and such. Honestly, I like both approaches, so I'll leave it up to other people.

ACTUALLY Cain, I just sparked an idea!

If a bunch of Pirates all join in one place, the navy will be all over that to take a bunch out!

And if all those ships are there, Red Sail will get cocky and try to take them all down alone, when he is shelling the cove, they can conjoin and discuss how to stop him or something :3

One last note before I go (I'm typing this on my laptop before I pack it up) Is that you guys can change any part of my idea to fit what you want your character to do. The plan is flexible and not set in stone .

Well, Talex said he'd be busy over the weekend. I suppose we could start now, but we can't really go too far without him. As for the topic of ghost captains, well, personally I think that would be taking it a tad too far, but this is MLP. I suppose you could quite easily get away with that. Talex is calling the shots as OP, so I'd wait to hear back from him.