New Videographer In Canterlot

Cadabra

About Myself: I am a videographer who has been filming weddings for four years. I feel there is a certain magic to be had in all aspects of filming, from the planning to the execution and everything in between. This lead me to the name Cadabra.

How I found Canterlot.com: Google, mother of all useless knowledge

How I became a fan of MLP:FiM: Friends of mine from a Care Bear message board I am a member of raved about this show, so I decided to raid youtube to find out what they were so excited about. Turns out they were right in so many ways. It's a genuinely enjoyable show.

My favourite main cast pony/s: Fluttershy,Miss Rarity
Video is my passion, and I am more than at home behind the camera. I have my BA in mass com with an emphasis in studio filming. I have been filming weddings for the past four years and work full time in customer service. I also enjoy sewing, reading, writing, and taking care of my five cats with my beloved husband of four years.

On the side I am working on making an online TV show for youtube, and hope to start production on it in January. It's a tail of revenge, entitlement, redemption, and coming of age, and it's starring zombies. It's kind of complicated, but I'll be calling it What's Eating Her. If you want to know more about it, let me know. I have a few episode scripts written already.

I like to role play, and haven't done it in years so I am probably a little rusty. I'll likely role play as Cadabra, a unicorn with a flair for the magic of cinema. I might be able to come up with some other characters as inspiration takes hold, but we'll see.

Hey, Cadabra! You got me at 'filming'. Then again, I technically have an admiration for any category of media and I'm always willing to learn more about how things work.

Four years in filming? Now that's epic. If you've got anything to share you should post it in the Creativity section of the forum and I'll willingly check it out. ;)

Oh, and welcome to Canterlot. Best place for RP, friendly ponies, and just chillaxing.

Cat: My five cats are named after scifi shows since my husband and I are huge scifi nerds. The two girls are named Gypsy and Pearl after Mystery Science Theater 3000. Two of our boys are named after characters from Star Trek Deep Space 9, their names being Dax and Rom. Our other boy is named Lister from Red Dwarf, but he moos like a cat trying to imitate a cow, so lately we have just been calling him Mr. Moo. They are our little fuzz babies. =^.^=

Tencan: Thank you, but weddings really are their own challenge. Unlike filming in a studio, weddings are super spir of the moment. You've got one chance to capture that memory and then that's it. While I love what I do, I am looking for a challenge with my zombie project. I'll have to post a link to the scripts I have done and post some wedding video trailers. Oh the stories I could tell about crazy weddings!

Cat: My five cats are named after scifi shows since my husband and I are huge scifi nerds. The two girls are named Gypsy and Pearl after Mystery Science Theater 3000. Two of our boys are named after characters from Star Trek Deep Space 9, their names being Dax and Rom. Our other boy is named Lister from Red Dwarf, but he moos like a cat trying to imitate a cow, so lately we have just been calling him Mr. Moo. They are our little fuzz babies. =^.^=

Tencan: Thank you, but weddings really are their own challenge. Unlike filming in a studio, weddings are super spir of the moment. You've got one chance to capture that memory and then that's it. While I love what I do, I am looking for a challenge with my zombie project. I'll have to post a link to the scripts I have done and post some wedding video trailers. Oh the stories I could tell about crazy weddings!

Aawwwwwwwww Mr. Moo, sounds cool :idea:

Only 1 of our cats are a girl, which my brother named after an NCSI character - Ziva, and her brother (who is mine) is named after Tom from McFly.

Then theres the other 2 which are brothers, my brother named one Flip Flop, and I named the other (Black and fluffy) one Roobarb - after the dog from Roobarb and Custard. (Really I should've called him Custard)