In Defence of Fort Book! [All welcome]

Archturus

Helios groggily awoke yet again. Seemed like he was getting knocked out a lot these days. He once again saw the same hooves from earlier shaking him. "Lady Manzanita," he said in a mockingly formal manner as he rose to his hooves and clutched his head. He narrowed his eyes at her next comment. "Of course I can walk alone if the help being provided is by you!" he shouted acidly. He was actually surprisingly unharmed after the last sequence of events, well, except his pride. And he prided himself on pride. "Why should I lead you to Princess Dawn?" he said petulantly as he turned his back on her and stomped a hoof. "What will I get out of it? Hmm. The second you have her back I am whisked away into the prisons," he turned his head back to say to her, before shaking his mane and striding off to the exit haughtily as well.

"Wait!" called Manny. Helios was her only lead to the princess, she couldn't let him leave. "The princess is very forgiving. She has to be. If you lead me to her, I promise you won't become a prisoner." Manny spoke, her voice sounded a bit worried but she tried to hide it.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helios stopped for a brief second to snort a brief and derisive laugh. He then turned back quickly, billowing out his majestic purple cloak. "Let me get this straight. I help you find the Princess, and I don't go to prison. Hmm," he said snarkily as he tapped at his chin over-exaggeratedly. "Well, I'm not in prison right now, am I? And if I get the Princess, my position won't change? In effect I will be helping you for free. Duke Helios doesn't do charity." He smiled snidely. "Unless you've got a much more tempting offer in that noggin of yours, then I'll be on my way."

Manny bit her tongue to keep from yelling an insult at him. He was her captive, what gave him the right to call the shots. Manny marched up to Helios until she was nose to nose with him. "You have only one loyal follower at this point. Not to mention that uprising must have lost you the title of Duke." She bit his cape and pulled until the tie snapped and threw it on herself. "Now you don't have a fancy cape either. So what are going to do now, peasant?"

Helios smiled as he saw Manzanita's reaction. She was absolutely raging! She stormed right up to him with her eyes practically burning coals. He kept the same irritating smile until she started burning into him. His smile waned quickly at her insults, but then she did the unforgivable! She tore off his cloak! Helios cried out as his cloak tore from his back and his fancy golden clasp which fell to the floor. Helios fell to his haunches. "My... my cloak..." he said quietly as his lips began to quiver. "Father bought me that for my birthday..." His face twisted with his own anger. "Give it back! It's mine!" he shouted as he tried to grab it back off of her.

"No." Manny said as she dodged and weaved away from Helios. She pulled the cloak off of her and held it in her mouth as she continued to move out of the enraged unicorns way.

Helios grabbed this way and that, but Manzanita was always one step ahead of him. She took it off and held it in her mouth, taunting him with it. After around a minute of him chasing her around the room and failing to grab it he finally stomped his hooves in frustration. "Fine! Fine! You want to see the Princess? Give me back my cloak and I'll take you to her!" he shouted as he stared at her moodily.

Helios muttered something very unflattering under his breath, and turned back towards the exit with a scowl on his face. "This way, Lady," he said icily. The pair trotted out of Book Fort with him in the lead and Manny right behind. The walk wasn't far from Book Fort, and the pair walked in complete silence the entire way. Manzanita smiling smugly, while Helios's scowl only intensified with each step. If Overeasy had followed his instructions then she would be waiting just around the next Bookite deposit, which the pair rounded with ease.

Helios was suddenly taken aback by the immediate lack of Overeasy and Princess Dawn. He was sure he gave this as a rendezvous point! He turned back to see Manzanita looking at him expectantly. "Uhh... they- they should be right here," Helios said, suddenly nervous. Looked like his only gambling chip had wandered off. This was not good. "I-I explicitly told Overeasy to wait here for me! I haven't been gone that long!" he shouted, as he suddenly started to panic. "Overeasy! Overeasy!" he shouted at the top of his lungs, but there was no answer but the creaking of the thick trees.

Manny looked around suspiciously. "If this is a trap..." she trailed off threateningly. She walked forward, "Show yourself mage!" she shouted, challenging the eggnomancer. There was no reply.

Finally Moonlight found something but not Overeasy and The Princess. She saw Lady Manzanita and Helios not far from Fort Book. She followed the quietly, not went to close to them. "So they are searching for the Princess and Overeasy too. Ha..Great! Than I just need to wait and they will lead me to them."-she smiled and watched them carefully behind a corner. "Why are they stopped..."-she said to herself. she didn't hear anything so she started to crawl closer to them. She heared Manzanita. "Show yourself mage!"

Overeasy slowly opened her eyes, leaving the dreamland and returning to reality, she would soon have to get up and make her and her older brother some breakfast and he would take her to school...

Wait a minute...this wasn't her bed...oh right! She was still in the Library! And she was still a wizard! She remembered that she had taken a nap while the prisoner was unconscious, which probably wasn't her best move ever. Though she doubted it had resulted in anything bad, she was still the imprisoner, she just needed a rest!

Not a second later did she learn that this was not the case, for it was not the hard,cool Bookinite Valley floor beneath her, but a warm body!

[colour=#00ff00]"Hey man! What do you think you're doing?"[/colour] She roared, her anger rising steadily as she saw just who was carrying her,"[colour=#00ff00]Hey! You're supposed to be uncon-unconsiys...knocked out!"[/colour] She pointed out, how dare she cheat in such a manner! In an act of protest, Overeasy fell off the Princess's royal back and onto the familiar floor. Needless to say, she had more then enough energy to get up and growled at her captor in a extremely laughable manner,[colour=#00ff00]"What's your deal, man? You're supposed to be the prisoner here!"[/colour]

Dawn sighed and smiled lightly as Overeasy got off her back and began to complain. What's the true point of helping somepony if they can't except your act of kindness with poise and rationality? Holding her head high, the Princess continued her march through the valley, listening intently to the mage yet refusing to respond. She shall not utter a word until this filly thanks her for her not leaving her there alone. She walked along with Overeasy not to far behind her, walking towards the faint and distant sound of other fillies and colts speaking.

Dawn sighed and smiled lightly as Overeasy got off her back and began to complain. What's the true point of helping somepony if they can't except your act of kindness with poise and rationality? Holding her head high, the Princess continued her march through the valley, listening intently to the mage yet refusing to respond. She shall not utter a word until this filly thanks her for her not leaving her there alone. She walked along with Overeasy not to far behind her, walking towards the faint and distant sound of other fillies and colts speaking.

Stardust took advantage of Allanon's silence to think. She had no idea what it was they were going to get or why, but she was a bit nervous to ask. She wondered how Allanon tied into all of this, what his position was. She sighed out loud. She wished she would've gone her own way. But oh well, here she was, and now she was invested.

Allanon turned to Stardust and said "I know you wish to go back. I felt exactly the same when I first entered behind Faramir, the previous Triad-Bearer. I do not wish to force anything upon you, so if you truly wish to go, it would behoove you to tell me so now. We are not far enough within the chamber that its magic stops Teleportation."

Helios hurried to and fro, looking for any signs whatsoever of Overeasy and her captive. He had given her explicit orders! This was gross insubordination! He would have her head for this! Metaphorically speaking. Then again he hardly felt powerful at the moment. Manzanita had his cloak. Then again it was now just the two of them in the middle of the forest.

Manny looked around suspiciously. "If this is a trap..." she trailed off threateningly. She walked forward, "Show yourself mage!" she shouted, challenging the eggnomancer. There was no reply.

And seemed like she was having the same idea. He suddenly shrank down again. He couldn't take her on alone. Could he? No, no, she was wearing the cloak. She had stolen his status symbol, she was Duchess Manzanita, and he was the simple peasant. Gah. Why was life so unfair? He moped around for another minute before just giving up and sitting down on his haunches. "Looks like there's nopony here. Where they could have gone, I don't have a clue."

Manny looked back at Helios. He looked desperate, like cornered animal. It reminded her of the time she chased a cat into a corner and it scratched her. She would have to show she was boss. "Well, where could she have gone? Do you have any camps or caves nearby she could hide in?" Manny asked with what she believed was a tone of authority.

Helios had lost everything and he was certainly not taking it well. His army, gone. His special powers, gone. His loyal followers, gone. Even his darn cloak was gone. What else was there left to lose? He grumbled quietly to himself for a few seconds, when a commanding tone caught his attention. He scraped himself back off of the floor and to his hooves before replying in the same sombre tone. "She wouldn't have gone anywhere. This was the amassment site. Here was where she was brought. The camp was never set up, and we had no holdings here. It was simply where we met the reinforcements and launched our subterfuge program. Not that it worked." Suddenly an inkling of realisation crossed his face. "Hang on! I just had an idea!"

Helios closed his eyes, breathed in sharply, then clenched his eyes closed in concentration. His horn slowly began to glow blue as it shot a thin ray tearing through the forest. Helios staggered sideways and almost fell over with the effort. "There... a tracking... spell. They're... heading in... that direction," he panted. As he regained his composure and started to trot in that direction the beam of light flew back into his horn which glowed a very faint blue in response. "There... it's tuned. My horn... will glow brighter... the closer... we get." The strain of the spell was clear on his face as he started to canter in the direction the beam had first travelled, and his horn began to subtly turn a stronger colour.

Allanon softly chuckles and says "No. I, being the Bearer, can filter out who may enter this chamber, and who will drop dead once they set foot upon these grounds. This is a sacred chamber, and it is a transgression to tread upon it without the permission of Arkos, or the Bearer. As far as combat is concerned...Arkos is not a blood-driven god. He will give us 'tests', but he won't confront us in combat directly." As he spoke, he stopped just as a giant pendulum blade swing out.

He turned to Stardust, and said "See? Perfect example of Arkos' tests." He then stepped out in front of the pendulum, and said "bewegungslos sein", and the pendulum stopped swinging.

[colour=#ffa500]"Holy great Luna's Flank!"[/colour] Stardust said as the pendulum stopped

[colour=#ffa500]"Thank you, sir Allanon. You have saved me once again. Glad to hear we won't have to fight. I'm great at puzzles!"[/colour]