[Fillydelphia] The Itailian Job Act 1: Planning Phase [Open!]

Snowshoe

[First posts reserved for Tacobob, Dunder, and possibly Ciraxis. Everypony's clear to go after they've posted! For the bar itself, this gives a good general outer view, however as mentioned the bar is two storeys with the basement storey over the street a bit, meaning stairs lead up to the door.]

It was an average day at Fillydelphia's best little bar, The Prancing Pony. Muggo' Ale had just gotten back from a series of adventures, and had spent a fine month or so back behind the bar, where he belonged. He loved adventuring, but sometimes, it was good to be back here, back in his bar.

It was still fairly early in the day, not quite the dinner rush but long past his lunch crowd. A few regulars sat in a booth near one of the large bay windows that made up the front of the bar, chatting to themselves. His main employee, second in command and all around right-hoof gal Meadow Runner was cleaning the booths and tables, while Muggo' Ale, for his part, was reading the newspaper, the open paper sprawled out on the bar in front of him while he stood there.

Though he looked much older due to his grey mane, Muggo' Ale had always had a grey mane, and had resulted in a colthood nickname of "Old Boy". He was still relatively young, able to keep up with the best of him, but he was getting older by the day. Still, he could adventure, and he loved to, because it just gave him more artifacts for the bar and more stories to tell. He adjusted the grey tweed bakersboy cap on his head and kept reading the paper when the door outside opened. A trio of ponies were climbing the steps from the street to get up to the door (the layout of the bar had the bottom floor, the basement, jutting up above street level, so a few steps were required to get to the front door). "Afternoon! How's y'all gettin' on?" he greeted. Always on point, Meadow Runner grabbed a few menus from the bar and sat the newcomers, while Muggo' Ale got some glasses of water ready on a tray. With expert balance he brought the tray over, let the ponies grab their drinks, and headed on back to the bar to set the tray down.

He idly wondered what had become of Fire Walker and Dunder Blust since their last adventure. He hadn't spoken to either in a while, and hoped they were doing well. Last time he'd seen either of them, there seemed to be quite the thing developing between them. Muggo' Ale looked up at the door as he heard the familiar "ding" of the bell over the door ringing as it opened.

"How's ya gettin' on?" he called out automatically, before noticing who came through.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Getting on just like usual, one hoof at a time.", a very familiar voice responded to the pub owner's question, it was Fire Walker, member of the Royal Equestrian Army, adventurer, occasional temp bartender, and all around very good friend of Muggo' Ale. She cantered in with a small box which was balanced on her saddlebags, and stopped to hold the door open for another pony. "Could have let me in first.", a new voice protested. This belonged to a small Pegasus mare who was also carrying a box on her back, this one was a good deal smaller than Fire's. Just by glancing at the younger girl, it was very obvious the two were related.

"Windy, this is my friend, Muggo' Ale. I've mentioned him to you before.", the blue filly glanced over at the earth pony with a curious smile on her face, "Oh yeah. This is the place you met Dunder.", her ears quickly laid flat against her head, "I still don't get it, why did he..", she was quickly silenced as the older pony laid her right hoof over her mouth. "Wind Walker, remember, we're not here to talk about that. It's all water under the bridge. We need to stay positive. Go ahead and give Muggo' your gift. Come on.", Fire Walker gave the girl a nudge.

"I'm Wind Walker.", the filly added as she deposited the box onto the stallion's bar, "We got these made like a forever-ago, and then they misspelled the name the first time we got 'em! Really!", she realized she might have blown the surprise and kept quiet. If Muggo' opened the box, he would find a set of rather attractive terry cloth bar towels with the 'Prancing Pony' logo imprinted on each. "The first ones said 'Dancing Tony'!", she groaned, "At least these ones have the correct name. Fire was so mad!"

Fire Walker cleared her throat, "And this..You'll really like. Got them in a cute little wood shop in Canterlot.", she placed the box onto the bar next to the other box. Opening this one revealed a set of four rather sturdy looking wooden flagons, which also bore the 'Prancing Pony' logo. "These are actually hoof, er hand made by a rather interesting lady, a Hippogriff. Never saw one before. She was part griffon, part pony, and a very skilled artisan. I also had a unicorn friend of mine enchant something he called an 'everchill/everflavor/everawesome' spell on then. They're supposed to keep the drink cold and tasty.", she smiled before quickly asking, "So, how is life in Fillydelphia? It's been a bit since I've last visited this place, not even sure how long ago it was. Last time I was here I had dropped off those 'hops' that you had requested, and I actually ran into Dunders. Even hung around with an interesting fancy sort of unicorn.. Not that unicorn.", she chuckled, "I actually gave him directions to the pub the last time we spoke, so he might stop over."

"And speaking of Dunders. Have you seen him lately? We haven't spoken since Ponyville. We sort of...er.", she smile quickly vanished, "Ended things. Just back to being friends. Wind took it rather hard, and my father was rather disappointed. The old major really liked him. Actually approved of him, which was rare.". She glanced back at her sister, who gave her a rather dirty look, almost like she was saying, 'I thought we weren't here to talk about that!'.

"I actually gave him directions to the pub the last time we spoke, so he might stop over."

[colour=green]"Actually, you gave me them even earlier Fire, in the letter. It's just mine terrible luck that prevented me from meeting the owner."[/colour] warm baritone was heard from the entrance. The gazes of the three ponies followed to the owner of this voice. Yep, it was Swift Squall but he looked unusual...for himself that is. While his trusted sword Jaohm and his trademark green sunglasses was still on the right places the rest was not. His long mane, normally kept in ponytail was now flowing freely. Instead of duster, treanch coat or some loose jacket he was wearing hoodie. Also on his legs were some metal branclets - they looked very heavy.

[colour=green]"But it looks like I hit a jackpot at last. Instead of one long awaited meeting I got two at once."[/colour] unicorn continued as he closed the distance.

[colour=green]"Hi Fire. You look great, it's been more then three weeks isn't it?"[/colour] he spoke softly, truly glad from the meeting. However before he could meet her gaze Swift shifted his attention to the filly at her side. He gave his friends sister a welcoming smile - he always had a soft spot for kids.

[colour=green]"Ahh...you must be a Wind Walker, isn't it? Fire talks a lot about you. Half out it are complains. Propably because she can't keep up with you. The other part is somewhat in the tone of...How shall I put it? - I have best younger sister ever!"[/colour] Squall allowed his shades to slide down a little while he spoke. Before placing them back he gave a filly a friendly wink.

[colour=green]"And here we have the owner of this fine place. Both of our winged friends had spoken nice and high about you. Good enough to make me wish to meet you. I am Swift Squall - the swordstallion"[/colour] said the unicorn, offering his hoof to the Muggo. He skipped all other titles, deeming that they were not important.

[colour=green]"I see that Blusty is not here yet."[/colour] Squall noticed.

Dunder Blust landed in front of his old friend Muggo's bar, the "Prancing Pony." Dunder remembered his first time visiting there. He met two of his best friends Muggo' Ale and Fire Walker there. He smiled as he trotted inside, but it dropped a bit when he saw a familiar red mare there. He knew she took their 'break up' rather well, but he wasn't sure if it was because she was really angry and depressed or actually dealing with it well.

He gulped, his eyes locked on her as he approached. He grinned sheepishly, "Hey, Fire!" He said, trotting up behind her, "And hey, Wind!" He said happily as he grabbed the filly in a warm hug.

He looked at the other stallions, "He Swift and Muggo'. Sorry I was late." He apologized to swift, "I left a bit later than I wanted to from home." He explained.

Muggo' Ale looked up properly when he heard who came in, a wide grin on his face. "Fire Walker!" Before he even had a chance to properly greet her, a young pegasus filly walked in after her. Both were carrying boxes, and the young one looked to be related to Fire Walker in some way. Windy mentioned something about Dunder, which seemed to put off Fire a bit. Oh no, what had happened?

"Well, a right pleasure to meet ya, Wind Walker. Me name's Muggo' Ale," he greeted with a warm smile, listening to her story as he managed to open the box. He pulled out one of the towels, smiling happily the entire time. "These are great, thank ya kindly," he said sincerely. They looked much better than the literal rags he usually used to clean the place (which were clean, despite appearances).

As he was stowing the box and setting the towels on a small ring near the sink, the logos displayed for all to see, Fire came over with enough gift. "Aw, ya two didn't have to, ya know," he said with a grin. He opened up the box and let out a low whistle, pulling out one of the flagons with his hoof. "Well now. Celestia bless yer cotton socks, Fire," he said sincerely (his own little way of saying thanks), setting all four on the counter and stowing the box. He put one of the mugs away, getting to work pouring some inaugural drinks for them. "Oh, ya know. Fair winds an' all that. Been goin' fine." He poured out two mugs of his famous stout, and a mug of cider, the normal, non-alcoholic version, for Wind Walker, setting the mugs down. She mentioned that her and Dunder had ended things and he winced a bit, tipping his bakersboy back. "Sorry t'hear that. Ya still on good terms with the b'y? I happen to like our little adventures, an' ya two got together nice an' well."

Before he could get an answer, the door opened again. A very interesting pony walked in, with a hoodie and some strange glasses. Still, Muggo' was just as fast as ever with his customary greeting. "Hey, how's ya gettin' on?" he asked. He waited while Swift greeted his friends, and then placed his own hoof against Swift's and shook it. "A pleasure, b'y. I'm Muggo' Ale, bartender, brewmaster, an' on-again-off-again adventurer."

Once more the door opened, the bells above it ringing, and in walked Dunder. "Dunder, b'y! How's ya gettin' on?" he called out. He looked at the drinks on the bar, then chuckled a bit. "Can I get ya two anythin'? Wasn't expectin' to get too many in here," he explained. He stopped for a moment, looking over the line of friends at the bar. Two swordstallions and a lieutenant in the REA. Muggo' couldn't help but chuckle.

"Alright, what crazy scheme have ya hatched this time 'round?" he asked.

(Excuse this post, there's going to be a lot of bantering back and forth..I'll colour code the text to make it easier to follow. Blue for Wind. Red For Fire.)

"[colour=#000080]I hope so! I'm her only sister![/colour]", Wind Walker quickly replied back to Swift, "[colour=#000080]And I thought you said he was handsome[/colour].", she glanced back at her sister, "[colour=#000080]He sort of looks like that crazy pony who...[/colour]", she was quickly cut off by her older sister, "[colour=#800000]Windy! Very rude! Go and drink some of your Uncle Muggo's cider! Probably made it just for you[/colour].". The little filly sighed and quickly snatched up the flagon, "[colour=#000080]Thanks Muggo[/colour]!'", she took a sip, followed by another.

"[colour=#800000]Sorry about that, she's in a crabby mood today. She wanted to go to flight camp this year, but she's still too young. Next year it will be[/colour].", she gave the stallion a friendly hug, which did not sit well with the younger Pegasus who glowered at the two, "[colour=#000080]It's not fair! I'm the fastest Pegasus in my class! I'm even faster than that snooty-head flank for a face and all around stuck up pony, First Class, and she's going! My parents wanted me to go to that silly baby class instead and I said no[/colour].", she took another sip from her mug. Her older sister shook her head, "[colour=#800000]Our folks have some business to deal with in Los Peagsus and...Windy![/colour]", she watched as the filly mimed 'playing a slot machine'. "[colour=#800000]They are not gambling, they have important bus[/colour]...", now it was Wind Walker who cut her off, "[colour=#000080]Oh please. I might be a kid, but I'm no dummy. Dad could have finished his 'business' by simply sending a letter to the station there, but instead he and mum are going to hoof-deliver the letter and spend the weekend gambling, watching the shows, doing lots of shopping. mum said they were going to see the Wonderbolts. Even get Soarin's autograph for me. He's so dreamy.[/colour].", her wings and ears fluttered at the same time.

"[colour=#800000]Right[/colour].", Fire was not unsure how to respond to that, but continued, "[colour=#800000]So originally she was going to stay with the eldest brother and his wife, but their kid is teething so she's become just a little too much for the both of them, so I'm watching little 'blue' here for now. Thought we'd hang around and visit Fillydelphia and see you guys. I also have something of great interest to tell you[/colour]."

This note of 'interest' had to wait, as this was the time Dunder popped in. "[colour=#800000]Oh hey Dunders![/colour]". Wind Walker was unsure how to respond to the stallion's hug, at first she wanted to, but then stopped and growled at the brown pony, "[colour=#000080]Why did you..[/colour].", she stopped dead in her tracks by her sister's glare, "[colour=#800000]Please Wind. We talked about this. It happens. You'll understand when you're older[/colour].". This did not appease her sister who glanced at the ground, "[colour=#000080]But it's not right. You two were so right for each other! You should have given that other girl a whopping and took Dunder for yourself. I would have[/colour].", she did manage to give the older Pegasus something of a hug before returning to her mug.

"[colour=#800000]She's in a weird stage right now. First day of school she grabbed a colt in her class by the shoulders and declared that he would be her 'colt-friend[/colour]'. [colour=#800000]Windy and Fast Track are good friends and all, but, er. mum did have to explain to her that she was still a little too young to have any real 'colt-friends[/colour]'". Wind Walker proved to be as good as a drinker as her older sister as she quickly finished off the natural cider, "[colour=#000080]Everypony says I'm too young for anything! So tired of hearing that![/colour]", she glanced over at Muggo' with the saddest look a filly could make.

"[colour=#800000]Yeah, going back to what I was going to say. I won a contest[/colour]", the mare proudly stated as she clapped her two front hooves together, "[colour=#800000]I was over at the little shop Docket and I usually get our clothes at. Got this lovely little number for myself.[/colour]", she quickly modeled off her pretty little summer dress, "[colour=#800000]Even got Wind one that looked somewhat similar.[/colour]", the well dressed filly just stuck her tongue in response, "[colour=#800000]Anyways, when I purchased these, I found out I was there one millionth customer and I won a bundle of tickets to Itaily! All expenses paid! Hotels! Drink tickets! The whole works! So I thought I would invite some of my best friends. Docket would have come along, but she got clobbered by a storm of new books she has to deal with. So what do you say? Anyone wanna come along?[/colour]", she gave off a squeaky smile and waited for a response.

Muggo turned out to be very nice and pleasant fellow. Squall couldn't help but notice his thick and heavy accent, probably cose he wasn't accustomed to Fillydelphia yet, despite living here for several months already.

"[colour=navy]I hope so! I'm her only sister![/colour]", Wind Walker quickly replied back to Swift, "[colour=navy]And I thought you said he was handsome[/colour].", she glanced back at her sister, "[colour=navy]He sort of looks like that crazy pony who...[/colour]", she was quickly cut off by her older sister, "[colour=maroon]Windy! Very rude! Go and drink some of your Uncle Muggo's cider! Probably made it just for you[/colour].".

[colour=green]"No...it's okay. She speaks what she thinks. If everypony would be this honest there would be less problems."[/colour] he said. [colour=green]"True, and that's means I am a hypocrite ain't I?"[/colour] he added in his mind.

[colour=green]"Besides, she's right, I mean...[/colour] he gave his garment a look. Fresh stains from mud and rainwater couldn't be missed. [colour=green]" That's mine fault through, jogging whole day...and on top of this I lost piece of cloth that held mine mane together. But I can assure you Wind, normally I look much better."[/colour] unciorn smiled and shrugged. Looks wasn't important for him anyway.

[colour=green]"Still..."[/colour] he thought [colour=green]"Fire said...that I am handsome?"[/colour]

[colour=green]"And I will not point out who behaves like who. As I recall you yourself told that you used to be quite...rought yourself."[/colour] unicorn teased the scarlet mare.

"[colour=#800000]Sorry about that, she's in a crabby mood today. She wanted to go to flight camp this year, but she's still too young. Next year it will be[/colour].", she gave the stallion a friendly hug, which did not sit well with the younger Pegasus who glowered at the two, "[colour=#000080]It's not fair! I'm the fastest Pegasus in my class! I'm even faster than that snooty-head flank for a face and all around stuck up pony, First Class, and she's going! My parents wanted me to go to that silly baby class instead and I said no[/colour].", she took another sip from her mug.

[colour=green]"Hmm..."[/colour] Squall pondered. [colour=green]"Fire...is she really that fast? I mean...you told me already that 'Yes, she is.' but...[/colour] Swift said to mare in a whisper so filly wouldn't hear him. He paused for a moment before continuing even quiter [colour=green]"If that is true...well did you consider that she can be a flying prodigy? In such case you need to be very, careful...Wind can become dissatisfied with development of her talent and...well you know well how it ended with me. Did you thinked about getting her a private tutor or trainer of some sort?"[/colour]

"[colour=#800000]Our folks have some business to deal with in Los Peagsus and...Windy![/colour]", she watched as the filly mimed 'playing a slot machine'. "[colour=#800000]They are not gambling, they have important bus[/colour]...", now it was Wind Walker who cut her off, "[colour=#000080]Oh please. I might be a kid, but I'm no dummy. Dad could have finished his 'business' by simply sending a letter to the station there, but instead he and mum are going to hoof-deliver the letter and spend the weekend gambling, watching the shows, doing lots of shopping.[/colour]"

[colour=green]"Well...it's seems that Windy's brain can keep up with her wings. Never underestimate a kids. I rember when I runned into that little thief in..."[/colour] he started when suddenly door bell rang.

[colour=green]"Dunder."[/colour] Swift was glad to see him....yet at the same time, remembered that he need to have mature talk with the brown pegasi. But that had to wait for later, when they will be alone. He sat silent when fliers had they little exchange, but he couldn't withhold himself from giving Blust a disapproving look over the shades when pegasus moved to hug Wind.

"[colour=#800000]Yeah, going back to what I was going to say. I won a contest[/colour]", the mare proudly stated as she clapped her two front hooves together, "[colour=#800000]I was over at the little shop Docket and I usually get our clothes at. Got this lovely little number for myself.[/colour]", she quickly modeled off her pretty little summer dress, "[colour=#800000]Even got Wind one that looked somewhat similar.[/colour]", the well dressed filly just stuck her tongue in response, "[colour=#800000]Anyways, when I purchased these, I found out I was there one millionth customer and I won a bundle of tickets to Itaily! All expenses paid! Hotels! Drink tickets! The whole works! So I thought I would invite some of my best friends. Docket would have come along, but she got clobbered by a storm of new books she has to deal with.[/colour]"

[colour=green]" Err....??? I-I mean, congratulations Fire! Yet...can't say I am surprised."[/colour] when other gave him a confused looks he explained. [colour=green]"Think about it....we all have more 'can't-survive-that' and 'now-I-really-gonna-die' situations under our belts than couple of battalions putted together. It's kind of obvious that 'fate' either hates or loves us. And now it's seems that it's the later."[/colour]

[colour=#800000]So what do you say? Anyone wanna come along?"[/colour], she gave off a squeaky smile and waited for a response.

[colour=green]"I would love to but...well to tell the truth I don't think I should get one. I mean...I don't wan't to brag but I can afford myself such trip with ease. It's just doesn't seem fair."[/colour] his face turned red, Swift now felt really ashamed for being rich.

Dunder 's heart was almost broken by Wind getting mad at him, even though he expected it he couldn't prepare for the real thing. "Don't worry, Wind, your sister and I are on good terms now." He said, more trying to convince himself, "I will still be your sister's fuzzy brown prince, and your sister will always be my red princess." He said, hoping to cheer the filly up, "And I will still visit, your house is too cool to stop going." But that was when he caught Swift's glance. He could tell the unicorn wasn't feeling too fond of the pegasus stallion. He'd have to see waht's up later... and hopefully not but possibly smack the unicorn around a bit.

"Just get me a largest mug of some soda..." Dunder said simply to Muggo'. He released Wind from the hug softly setting her down. He hoped nopony knew that Dunder was anticipating some stress from seeing Fire and Wind, and he'd need to hide some of the pain in the drink and food. "And get me some fries... please." He said while listening to Fire talk.

"Wow, you won a trip to Itaily?" He asked, this was too good to be true. But he knew she wouldn't go this whole way for a prank. "I will definitely come along!" HE said. He also heard Swift's comment, he wondered why this pony said he didn't want to brag and proceed to brag.

Muggo' grinned at Wind Walker, pointing a hoof at an older poster on the wall. It showed nine pegasi in bright red uniforms, one standing tall in the middle and four on either side. 'Frecce Volanti' was printed across the bottom, and above, a blue sky. "See them? Means the Flyin' Arrows in Itailian. Point o' the matter is, speed ain't everythin'. Ya want to be the best pegasus in yer class? Ya gotta be more than fast. Gotta be agile, too," he explained. Charging into something too fast would probably get her in trouble. "I'm sure yer a fine flyer, though. Better than I am," he joked.

Muggo' Ale winced visibly as Wind spoke about Fire and Dunder's relationship, wanting to stay as far from that can of worms as possible. He instead looked at Wind when she tried to puppy-dog eye him. He chuckled and tipped his hat back a bit. "Sorry, but Fire an' yer parents are the bosses. I can't do much t'help," he said with a shrug. "So, a trip to Itaily, hmm?" he asked as he poured out the drink for Dunder and stuck his head through the window behind the bar.

"Rev up those fryers, b'y. Got one order o' hay fries," he called out before trotting back to the bar.

"I'm down for it. Ya two keep pullin' me away from me bar but at least this time, it's not goin' to result in a new scar," he teased. "Can't say I've ever been out Itaily way," he added as he passed Dunder his drink. "S'all on the house," he added, to all his friends, even the sorta-unknown to him Swift.

Fire looked back at her sister as she finished off her kid-friendly cider, "[colour=#800000]Believe me, when Dad watched her during their little 'test' race they held last year at the school. He made sure to get some of the better trainers for his little 'blue pumpkin'. She's just very impatient and there's still a lot she needs to learn, things she's going to have to grow into. That girl flew circles around Punk Walker, and he was the guy we had all assumed would be the first in the family to join the 'Bolts, but the stallion suffers from a nasty case of stage fright that we never could help him conquer.[/colour]", she shook her head sadly, "[colour=#800000]She still has a long road ahead of her, and besides, they don't make Wonderbolts uniforms in kid's sizes[/colour]."

"[colour=#000080]They do make them in your size[/colour].", the little filly gave off a wicked grin as she glanced back at her older sister, "[colour=#000080]Fire wore a Wonderbolts uniform last Nightmare Night and when we walked by stallions, they always made these funny noises and kept staring at her fla...[/colour]"

"[colour=#800000]My Wonderbolts symbol. They really liked my Wonderbolts symbol[/colour].", the Pegasus quickly interjected, "[colour=#800000]It was a nice costume and I looked good in it. And most of those stallions were wearing funny masks that made their voices sound strange. And I don't care what 'Uncle' Pocket Change said that night as well. He was sleepy and he's also a very silly pony. We don't take him seriously. Ever[/colour].", she smiled back at her sister, who was not impressed or convinced by the wisdom of her older sibling.

The mare cleared her throat, "[colour=#800000]Back to the contest thing. Thought it would be fun for you to tag along like old time's sake, and before you finally tie the knot Dunders. Your fiancée trusts me enough and knows I won't try to woo you away, and it's not like it's just the two of us going. We got Muggo' here and Sir Squall[/colour].", she smiled at the Pegasus before turning her attention to the unicorn, "[colour=#800000]And while you could purchase a ticket, it would be silly and pointless. Instead of using your bits on that, you could always use them on taking us to a fancy restaurant, like maybe 'Il Mio Piccolo Ristorante' or 'Gustoso Cibo Casa'. I believe those places exist, right[/colour]?", she grinned at the sweaty pony.

Back at Wind Walker's table, the little girl gasped at Muggo's comment, "[colour=#000080]Speed ain't everything? Phooey! Speed is everything if I want to make my own Sonic Rainboom, or 'Sonic Blueboom'! I heard Rainbow Dash was nearly my age when she first did her first 'Rainboom'. I don't want to fall behind her! And I'm plenty agile[/colour].". This was far too much sitting around for the filly, who got up from her seat and made her way towards the jukebox, "[colour=#000080]Lots of old people music[/colour].", she muttered, "[colour=#000080]No 'Sapphire Shores' or 'Sugamares[/colour]'!"

Muggo' grinned at Wind Walker, pointing a hoof at an older poster on the wall. It showed nine pegasi in bright red uniforms, one standing tall in the middle and four on either side. 'Frecce Volanti' was printed across the bottom, and above, a blue sky. "See them? Means the Flyin' Arrows in Itailian. Point o' the matter is, speed ain't everythin'.

Swift nodded in agreement. [colour=green]"Arrows disbanded three months ago."[/colour] he begun in serious tone [colour=green]"They tried to top Wonderbolt's 'Seven Rolling Thunders' and half of the team ended in hospital. They fine but...will not be able to participate in any air shows anymore."[/colour] he sighted and shifted his gaze to Wind.

[colour=green]"The point is, it was their fault. They even admitted that after the accident. They knew that they didn't trained enough but they wanted to do it while 'Seven Rolling Thunders' was still fresh. Arrows made the stupid risk and that proves that it is...well, just that - stupid."[/colour] unicorn paused to catch breath before he continued [colour=green]"What I am trying to say Wind is that you should think deeply before you act. I know that you old enough to accept anything that can happen to you.

But are you ready for how you actions can affect others? Your family and friends? When Flying Arrows ended in hospital they not only lost their health and jobs - they worried their families sick, crushed careers of other teammates and disappointed their fans. Be smarter then that Wind, not for yourself but for others."[/colour] Squall paused in middle of his object-lesson.

[colour=green]"Now I got thirsty. Do you have some pineapple juice Muggo?"[/colour] he asked before returning his attention to filly once again.

[colour=green]"I not naive Wind, you will propably not listen to what I said anyway. So do this instead kid - Train! Train, train and train again until you could not move these wings of yours anymore. Practise every little maneuver until you will be able to pull it off awoken in the middle of the night. No less."[/colour] he finished and mussed filly mane with his leg.

[colour=green]"I don't like air shows, but maybe that will change if you try hard enough."[/colour]

"[colour=#800000]She still has a long road ahead of her, and besides, they don't make Wonderbolts uniforms in kid's sizes[/colour]."

"[colour=#000080]They do make them in your size[/colour].", the little filly gave off a wicked grin as she glanced back at her older sister, "[colour=#000080]Fire wore a Wonderbolts uniform last Nightmare Night and when we walked by stallions, they always made these funny noises and kept staring at her fla...[/colour]"

"[colour=#800000]My Wonderbolts symbol. They really liked my Wonderbolts symbol[/colour].", the Pegasus quickly interjected, "[colour=#800000]It was a nice costume and I looked good in it. And most of those stallions were wearing funny masks that made their voices sound strange. And I don't care what 'Uncle' Pocket Change said that night as well. He was sleepy and he's also a very silly pony. We don't take him seriously. Ever[/colour].", she smiled back at her sister, who was not impressed or convinced by the wisdom of her older sibling.

Swift Squall immediately imagined Fire in Wonderbolt suit. Yes, she certainly would look good in it. The Wonderbolt suit that fitted tightly on her curves... his eyes hidden under sunglasses shifted to mare's flank...

No! Not now! Begone, BEGONE naughty thoughts! Return to abyss!

"So, a trip to Itaily, hmm?" he asked as he poured out the drink for Dunder and stuck his head through the window behind the bar.

Thankfuly that innocent question was enough to bring unicorn back into reality. Squall clutched to it like a drowning stallion to a straw.

[colour=green]"I was in Itaily three times...never in the Roam throught. And I wasn't paying attention to any atractions and landmarks either. You don't have time for that in a business I used to do."[/colour] he commented.

"[colour=#800000]And while you could purchase a ticket, it would be silly and pointless. Instead of using your bits on that, you could always use them on taking us to a fancy restaurant, like maybe 'Il Mio Piccolo Ristorante' or 'Gustoso Cibo Casa'. I believe those places exist, right[/colour]?", she grinned at the sweaty pony.

[colour=green]"....You right. i can do that. And for other non-sponsored attractions! And for...okay I shut up for now."[/colour] Swift stopped when he realised where these leaded too. Still, Fire advice cherred him up either way.

"[colour=#000080]Lots of old people music[/colour].", she muttered, "[colour=#000080]No 'Sapphire Shores' or 'Sugamares[/colour]'!"

Unicorn looked at the filly, saddened that she didn't felt right. But after the moment his face shifted into jolly grin. He unexpectedly took off his sunglasses and shifted his gaze to the earth pony.

[colour=green]"Say Muggo..."[/colour] he asked, playful twinkles in his eyes [colour=green]"Do you happen to have karaoke set?"[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

Dunder listened to Fire and Wind talking as his fries and soda was served. Them talking to Wind about her flight abilities. Dunder and her usually talked about it when he visited. He was never a fast flier, but he knew plenty about self control, the importance of training, and the importance of measurement and timing and he was sure to tell the little filly. She was adorable, and was a talented flier. She had so much potential, and he would hate to see it all go to waste. Even more, he'd hate to see her end up worse than that...

But their talk about Fire's costume made him grimace, He took a deep gulp of the soda, trying to wash away the thoughts. He ate a rather big hoof full of fries and crewed hard, trying not to remember what he did to both of them. And when she talked about Dunder and Ice, Dunder only looked at her with one eye, cleared his thrat, and said "Yeah." Before finished off his soda and facing all the ponies again.

But at the question about a karaoke set, his stomach filled with butterflies, "Oooh! Yes! Karaoke!" He said happily and looked at Muggo',

[Total my bad on this, this dropped off my radar for some reason.]

Muggo' Ale looked up at Swift, nodding. "Aye. What a shame, saw 'em a few years back. Impressive team. Still got nothin' on the Stalliongrad Snowbirds, but that's just me opinion," he said with a mischievous grin. Dunder and Fire being pegasi, he knew both were probably huge fans of the Wonderbolts. Every pegasi he'd ever met was.

Wind mentioned something about a Wonderbolts uniform and Fire Walker, and he couldn't help but grin. "That's the Fire Walker I know," he teased.

He poured the stallion's drink while he spoke with Wind, and grinned. "Wait a fair wind, an' ya'll get one. Old sayin' o' me father's," Muggo' Ale explained as he passed Swift his pineapple juice.

"Means t'hold on, an' things'll come to pass the way ya want it." He looked over at the jukebox when she lodged her complaint about the music. "Old people music me starn! Ain't nothin' wrong with me choice of music," he jokingly complained. "There are sober men aplenty, an' drunkards barely twenty, there are men o' over ninety that've never yet kissed a girl..." he began idly, before Swift asked about the karaokee machine.

"Basement," the older bartender responded, pointing a hoof toward the stairs off to the side. "Gimme a ramblin' rover, from Hoofin'ton to Canter, an' well roam the country over an' together we'll face the world..." he continued quietly as he made his way to the end of the bar so he could walk out from behind it. "If'n ya would all follow the old pony-" he teased, sticking his tongue out toward Wind Walker. "We're headin' down." The basement was a sight, different from above. Dark bricks lined the walls, with windows along the top edge, even with the street outside. A dartboard hung on one wall, a stage was set in the middle of the far wall, and strewn about were a few tables, pool tables, and a dumbwaiter to send drinks down. "Lemme just find the ol' bugger..." he said, heading to a door marked 'STORAGE'.

"There's many that feign enjoyment, have merciless employment, their ambition was deployment from the minute they left the school. The save an' scrape an' ponder, the rest go out an' squander, see the world an' rove an' wander an' they're happier as a rule..." he continued singing as he went to look inside.

[The Fables - Ramblin' Rover]

"[colour=#000080]Ugh[/colour].", Wind Walker could not believe her ears. Why was this hobo-pony lecturing her? "[colour=#000080]I know all of that[/colour].", she huffed back, "[colour=#000080]And in class, they make sure we fly over the thickest and poofiest clouds they can gather when we train, so the school doesn't get their cutie marks sued off if somepony gets hurt, and I do follow their rules and I know why they're there, but I don't 'haf' to be happy about them.[/colour]", she turned away from the offending jukebox. "[colour=#000080]Still, it's fun to go with Fire and her friends to the air-shows, even if you don't like watching the shows themselves, as my big sister and her friends are usually pretty entertaining after the beer-pony has visited them for the fifth or sixth time. When we went last, 'Big Red' was like 'Why does Soarin' and Rapidfire have to be moving around so quick all the time? Can't they just stand still for just a moment so I can take a good look at 'em?[/colour]", the little filly tried to mimic her older sister's voice, but ended up sounding like an old mare. "[colour=#000080]And on that same day were were there, Pocket Change spilled beer all over the crazy girl he was with and he started to lick the drink off her, or at least he said he was. And that's when we all had to leave! What was with that? Those security guards were kind of mean.[/colour]", she glanced over at the red Pegasus who shook her head, "[colour=#800000]He was just being Pocket Change. You know silly. The type of silly you don't ever [/colour][colour=#800000]imitate[/colour][colour=#800000]. Ever[/colour]."

While trying to shake that rather unpleasant memory from her head, the blue coated Pegasus looked over and Muggo' with a look of utter disbelief, "[colour=#000080]Never kissed a girl?[/colour] [colour=#000080]That must be a horrible thing to grow up all old and never to have given or have been given a kiss! I'm just a kid and I already kissed a boy before. Well, not on the lips, but ..Like this![/colour]", she made her way over to Dunder and gave him a quick peck on nose. "[colour=#000080]Funny, Fast Track sort of looks like you. He's brown and fuzzy, but he's not brave like you. He gets all shy at times and stutters..And he's always blushing when me and my friends visit him. Guess that's a good thing, huh? Still, I do like the idea of Karaoke! Just as long as there's music from this century! No 'Three Diamond Dog Night' or whatever the heck that was on the jukeybox. And Fire better sing! She's got a pretty voice![/colour]", she winked at the mare before following Muggo' down into the basement. "[colour=#000080]And what's a 'men'?[/colour]", she asked the earth pony as she made her way down the stairs.

"[colour=#800000]Well, I guess we better follow them?[/colour]", Fire Walker smiled somewhat nervously at the two stallions, "[colour=#800000]And please guys, one thing I ask. Be careful what you say in front of Windy. She's a sponge. She'll remember everything you do and say and she'll repeat it, generally in school. I tend to forget to watch what I say at times...[/colour]", she trailed off as she made her way after the others.

[colour=#000080]"And what's a 'men'?[/colour]", she asked the earth pony as she made her way down the stairs.

(OOC: " A miserable little pile of secrets." Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Swift like the rest followed Muggo. The pub basement was turned into another drinking hall. While the room was dark it surely possessed both the charm and atmosphere. However the shadows were a little too deep for Swift to see properly, so he allowed his shades so slide down somewhat, exposing his emerald green eyes. Strangely Squall didn't felt as uncomfortable as he expected, maybe because he was among friends that he knew he can trust.

[colour=green]"Darts."[/colour] he noticed, and walked straight towards the dartboard. He picked the three darts that were laying on the table and thrown them with his tail. One hit the bull while other got straight to the eye.

[colour=green]"I haven't forgotten."[/colour] he said with a smile, before he turned around [colour=green]"While I was in REA we used to play darts all the time at the evening. Myself wasn't the best player but in next years that skill saved my hide a couple of times."[/colour]

While Muggo' disappeared into the storage Swift noticed that Dunder was unusually quite for himself. Squall guessed that he still felt guilty and confused about that love triangle he got himself into. In this situation Count couldn't feel angry at him any more, opposite in fact. Squall felt the burning need to cheer his pegasus friend. Maybe ask him about something pleasant?

[colour=green]"Now Dunder, when I think about it you never told me about your fiancée."[/colour] unicorn started while throwing next set of darts [colour=green]"So....what kind of girl is she?" [/colour] he asked.

Dunder began to eat and drink more furiously, he didn't actually know he was this hungry. Pretty long flights usually did that sort of thing to him. He scarfed down fry after fry, each potato slice tasting better than the last and each swig of soda feeling more and more satisfying with its smooth and bubbly texture.

When Muggo' left to go show squall downstairs, Dunder already knew what the downstairs level looked like, and he was going to join them soon enough, but he'd just need to finish his food. Anyway, his body was turned and he sat listening to Wind talk and talk and talk, just like her older sister. And her stories were funny too, her talking about Fire and her friends when the beer pony makes his rounds made Dunder need to cover his full mouth and laugh. Slapping the counter and his eyes closed as he listened to Wind's innocent retelling of these stories. But her mentioning of kissing made him stop faster. Especially when she leaned in close, Dunder backed away, but the filly got him on the nose. He knew that she wasn't going to give a real kiss, but as she went on to describe the colt, Dunder couldn't help but chuckle. "Sounds like a keeper." He said, "If you go out with that colt, you have to introduce me to him. I'll make sure he's a good colt." He said and took another swig of soda happily.

And at the mention of Fire's singing voice, he gave Fire a sly look. He remembered the time after a long talk and after some mild coercion that he got her to sing. When he finished his food, he got up and trotted alongside Fire, enjoying the mare's company. When she whispered her request, Dunder nodded, "I know. She's a smart one, don't worry, it'll be safe." He said.

Dunder's heart skipped a beat when Swift asked about Ice, Dunder's fianc[colour=#000000]é[/colour]e. He was going to miss her and her warm presence at night. He finished his last few trots down the stairs, "Well, uh... she's a nice unicorn..." He said, really not wanting to talk about this in front of Fire and Wind. He'd need to dodge this bullet fast. "I'll tell you later." He said, "It'll be..." He glanced at Muggo' then back at Swift, "Bro time. No mares allowed." He said and shook his head.

Muggo' grinned at what Wind said about his little tune. "It's a song me father taught me, called Ramblin' Rover. I'm not entirely sure what men means either, but I'm guessin' it's just a bit o' slang for a buck, a stallion," he explained.

He heard the darts impacting the board and grinned. "Aye. One of the more popular spots down here. Me first date with Caramel nearly had her cleanin' me clock at the game." He was still searching through the back room and chuckled. "Aha! Here we are..."

He missed most of the important feels-laden talk between Squall and Dunder, but caught the bro-time comment. "Bar's closed tomorrow, to the public," he said with a bit of a grin. Sundays and Mondays were his days off.

"So here she be," he said. A wooden box, basically a tall multi-record changer. On each side were holders filled with records, each containing their associated lyrics on a sheet of paper inside their sleeves.

"Gimme a moment..." he plugged the machine in to one of the few outlets near the stage, and checked everything. It seemed to be working just fine. "Yup, it works," he said simply, a grin on his face.

"Should haul her out more often, methinks."

http://c0lt.co/bbotlembic

Abbot, pulled his cart through the streets of Fillydelphia, a rhythmic clinking of glass bottles and other assorted devices emanating from it with each few steps. He had been to Fillydelphia once for a very short while; this time would be a bit longer hopefully. He brought his cart up to a large building and unhitched himself. A pony came out and after receiving his bits brought the cart to a holding place. Abbot had still kept the more important items in his saddlebag; which was still quite over-packed.

[colour=#add8e6]“Hmm… maybe I should prioritize what’s actually necessary to bring later.”[/colour] He shrugged the issue off and began heading to somewhere he could sit and relax for a bit. After a while he made his way to what appeared to be a pub. He read the title to himself as he examined the sign, ‘The Prancing Pony, looks to be a good place.’ He walked up the steps and pushed the door open. As he entered the pub a bell on the door rang, a sweet scent of cider and ale filled his nose. He could see a few ponies playing some form of darts and a bit further back he saw the actual bar. He gave himself a moment to take in all these things as he had never stepped hoof in a bar or pub of any kind before. While fairly quiet he still felt a bit out of place and wondering what he was supposed to do from here.

Fire followed the others down into the basement, "[colour=#800000]Almost forgot about this room. Don't you normally use this for private events or if the top floor gets too busy? And you'll have to tell us how your dates with Caramel Apple have been going! She's part of probably one of the most important Equestrian families outside of royalty that is. Hey Windy, aren't you friends with one of the Apple clan[/colour]?"

Wind Walker was already going through the records and was not impressed on what she saw, "[colour=#000080]I'm not sure if 'Durian Durian' is part of the Apples.[/colour]", she replied as she tried to figure out why somepony would want to be 'shaken' all night long and then have a song written about it. "[colour=#000080]And she's not my friend. She's a dumb-mean-head who is friends with First Class. They're part of a little gang of bullies who usually pick on kids in the lower grades, although I have a feeling First will probably have to wait till they take off her bandages before she can return to her bullying. That is, unless she's learned her lesson. Oooh! You do have 'Equestria Girls'.[/colour]", she found a 45 still wrapped up and started to open it. "[colour=#000080]Come on Mister Muggo', I wanna be the first! So get that thing working![/colour]"

"[colour=#800000]Yeah, thanks for reminding me about that.[/colour]", the elder Pegasus frowned slightly. Before school had been let out for the holidays, Wind Walker was cornered by First Class and her small gang of ruffians who went about into their usually round of taunting and teasing. The blue pony did her best to ignore the gang, until their ringleader snatched the small plush Pegasus toy that was clipped to her saddlebags. The toy known as 'Draco' had been stitched together by Fire and Wind's grandmother, and the little filly was generally with it at all times. The unicorn held the beloved toy over Wind as she taunted the girl ruthlessly. First Class expected to hear begging, and she expected to see tears, however she did not expect to see what quickly followed.

As with all in the family, Wind Walker was trained alongside her older sister and brothers and was skilled in hoof to hoof combat before she earned her cutie mark. Her mark reflected not only her speed in flight, but her aggressiveness on the ground. Her sweet, foal-faced exterior hid a girl that would have been an absolute terror on the battlefield in her later years. If only she were born in the proper century when this sort of thing was needed. Instead, Equestria had known peace for generations and there were no need for barbarian warriors to roam the countryside defending villages from untold horrors. Still, for just a moment, the little blue filly was as close to a barbarian as she would ever get. It took only seconds before she was on top of the older and larger girl. A right hoof to the horn disrupted her telekinesis magic, and freed 'Draco', and another hoof to the jaw, quickly sent the posh unicorn into a slumber. While the school did not suspend Wind Walker, they did suggest therapy, and and the trip to Itaily was a godsend. She would spend time away from Canterlot with her sister and her friends and hopefully the beautiful and relaxing city would be the thing to tame her wild heart.

The red coated pony cantered over to the dartboard and scooped up a collection of the plastic and pointy objects before she made her way over to the 'oche' and glanced at the dart-board, "[colour=#800000]It's been ages since I've played. Wonder if I'm still terrible[/colour].", she placed a dart on the flat of her hoof and threw it. The dart quickly inserted itself into a target, but it was not the board she hit, but a rather stylish ale poster that was struck by the dart. She managed to nail one of the models on the poster, and if he had been a real stallion, there would have been nonstop and very high pitched screaming that would have followed. "[colour=#800000]Oh feathers. I'm still terrible.[/colour]", she blushed slightly as she grinned at Squall. "[colour=#800000]Maybe you should go first.[/colour]"

Squall couldn't not notice Dunder reaction to his question, instead of helping him relax he made his pal even more uncomfortable.

[colour=green]"Umm...sure. Whatever you say."[/colour] he quickly agreed to Blust proposition. [colour=green]"Bro...time?"[/colour] To be honest, unicorn wasn't entirely sure what his fellow swordstallion had in mind. Squall just hoped it would not involve any heavy drinking...

[colour=green]"Equestria Girls? Pleeese...[/colour] he waved his hoof. [colour=green]"It have a nice vibe and all but...I prefer something heavier."[/colour] Swift took a glance at 'Rock' section, and he liked wahat he saw: Eye of the Tiger, Rock You Like A Hurricane...wait, no...lyrics of that second one contained one particular word....Bucks.

However, he felt that Welcome To The Jungle, Run to You and Poison would be okay. He just hoped that Fire would agree, so to confirm it he showed her the song titles.

"[colour=maroon]Oh feathers. I'm still terrible.[/colour]", she blushed slightly as she grinned at Squall. "[colour=maroon]Maybe you should go first.[/colour]"

[colour=green]".....Remind me to take a crossbow next time we go adventuring anywhere. In you capable hooves, breaking any stallion fighting spirit will take no time at all."[/colour] Squall said with straight face before bursting into the laugh. As he finished giggling unicorn heard the sound of hooves behind him. Swift quickly turned around and gave newly arrived Earth Pony an enquiring look from behind the sunglasses. He looked...odd. Squall was pretty sure he was young...younger then everypony in bar with exception of Wind Walker. His moustache seemed even stranger considering this fact. And his lack of mane and tattoos on head...was he one of this oversea monks?

[colour=green]"Errr...hello there?"[/colour] he greeted him, not quite sure if it was appropriate. He gave his friends a look that almost literally spoke "Is it just me or is he strange? Help!"

• 2 weeks later...

Dunder was relieved that they would be able to talk about Ice without Wind and Fire around. As much as he enjoyed their company, this wasn't a subject he wanted to talk about with his ex and her sister that Dunder would prefer to be on her good side.

"No Equestria Girls?" Dunder asked and pretended to pout, "I memorized that whole song. Obviously not one of the things I am proud of." He said and trotted over behind Squall. He began to examine some of the songs alongside his fellow sword stallion. "Ehh... I'm indifferent to all of these songs. You can pick one, preferably if it is a duet." He said, "We should save a slow and female singer song for Fire when we give her enough cider. Or if she gets brave and goes up sober." Dunder said and glanced over at her.

Then he heard the bell ring, signalling a pony was entering the bar. Dunder looked back and instinctively grabbed for a dagger handle that wasn't there. He examined the new pony. He was baby-faced but he had a full on moustache. And more empty bottles and glassware than from a Canterlot noble party. He followed Swift's example, "Oh hey." Dunder said to the pony.

Muggo' Ale heard the familiar (to him) ding-a-ling of the bells near the stairs ringing. He'd installed the system for just such an occasion as this: he was downstairs, and nopony was manning the bar. So, as soon as the door opened, the bells jingled.

"I'll be back shortly," he said, climbing the stairs to the second floor to see the other pony walk in. He waved at the newcomer, smiling. "Hey, how's ya gettin' on?" he called out. An odd, almost exotic looking earth pony.

"Welcome to the Prancin' Pony, me name's Muggo' Ale. What can I get ya?" he asked, walking over to the bar and slipping under the hatch to get into position, smiling happily at Abbot.

"My, those are some interestin' bits o' ink. Got any meanin' behind 'em?"

Abbot nodded to the two stallions. [colour=#add8e6]“Saluti… no need to draw a blade, I am a pony of peace,”[/colour] he said in jest as he made his way over to the bar. He seated himself at a bar stool and looked to Muggo’.

[colour=#add8e6]“I’ll have whatever’s on tap I suppose. These tattoos wouldn’t have much meaning unless you’re familiar with the mountain region of Itaily. They’re a sign of commitment to an order and more importantly a way of life… I left that a while ago though.”[/colour] He paused a bit setting his bags down with a clank.

He pulled a letter out of his coat pocket. It had silver foil edges and a symbol in the center. Abbot stared at the letter thoughtfully considering whether or not he should open it yet.

[Just wanted to drop a quick head's up: If my descriptions of the bar have got you confused, Muggo's profile has pictures of the bar done in Minecraft. It's not on a hill, obviously, but it gives you an idea of what you see (basically from that bottom row of windows up).]

Wind Walker sat near Dunder as she went through the records, "Duet? Um. What about 'I Got You Foal'?", she smiled at the older stallion as she waggled her eyebrows, "Or Mare From The North Country'? I', not so sure about these songs, you guys find whatever songs you like. I'm getting bored bow.', she got up and started to move away, but stopped and gave the stallion a friendly hug before turning her attention to the new room she was in, "mum said I can't play with darts, do you all at least have a pinball machine?"

While her younger sister searched for some entertainment, Fire Walker was busy rolling her eyes,"Geez, the way you guys go on about me,you'd think I have a problem. I don;t even have a...oh.", she glanced down at a half empty mug of cider which she held in her hoof, "How did this...", she shrugged her shoulders, "Oh well.", and quickly finished it off. While drinking, she noticed the strange pony from where she was standing, "Weird. Looks like one of Pocket's friends. He's into the whole 'magic' stuff beyond a typical unicorn.", she said nothing to the stranger, but smiled as he approached.