Aubergine [FINAL]

Imagination

Roleplay Type: Mane RP

Name: Aubergine

Sex: Male

Species: Griffon

Eye colour: Aubergine!

Coat colour: Sandcat body, Hawk head

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style: Feathers worn in a spiky do (aubergine highlights), black beak

Physique: Lean

Cutie Mark: None

Origin/Residence: Talonpolis/ Currently resides in Baltimare

Motivation: ​To grow the most fantastic, wonderful, mind-blowing aubergine Equestria has ever known!

Likes: Aubergine, aubergine, Brinjal aubergine, Guinea squash, Melongene, Sandcatting, bowling (bowling team name is the aubergines), tennis, fishing, bacon

Dislikes: Those who don't appreciate aubergine. Or those who try to steal his aubergine. Or think aubergines is a dumb bowling name. He doesn't really care for the colour yellow either. Especially on houses. Yick.

Character Summary:

To say Aubergine is enthusiastic about his job would be an understatement. He loves it! Of course he's not obsessed with aubergines. No, he still gets out and has typical goings-on just like any other citizen of Equestria. He just really likes aubergine, man!

He was born in Talonpolis to a loving mum and dad, along with a half a dozen brothers and sisters. They named him Aubergine due to his pretty eye colour! His upbringing was usual for a griffon. Fighting with siblings for superiority, learning to be arrogant in the face of weakness, for griffons are strong! And good table manners. Stuff like that.

As he grew up, it was hammered into him that if he was going to grow big and strong, he had to eat healthy. Now typically, his family thought this consisted of a heaping portion of meat. Aubergine, however, felt there must be something else out there that was healthier than just meat... It was then that he discovered...

"Ha! This fruit looks funny!" the spunky hatchling said to an Equestrian trader. "What's it supposed to be?"

"Aubergine" he said. The young griffon immediately demanded to know how the old stallion knew his name! But he said no! It's the name of the vegetable! Aubergine had no idea... But he had an immediate interest in it! It was clearly his destiny! So, over the next several years, he studied how to grow that vegetable, and it's properties! Turned out it wasn't all that healthy, but it wasn't all that bad for you either, so it's gotta be good! He ate it whenever he could, but not just by itself. He learned over time how to make several decent dishes using aubergine, and he still enjoyed his meat as well. Meat is awesome!

Once he was old enough, he got a passport to Equestria and got into the farming business. It was nice, and the pay was decent, but he didn't really get along with his co-workers at first. Typical griffon stuff. But he was a hard worker, almost twice as good as any of his pony counterparts. Eventually, he felt he didn't have all that much joy working on a farm and seeing aubergine as 'work'. He felt it would be more fitting and bring him more joy if it were something he did on his own time, for pleasure! So he did just that. Currently, he just maintains his own farm as a hobby at his home in Baltimare, occasionally selling them if he feels they're exceptional quality. Other than that, he works as a postman. Chicks love a guy in uniform, right?

... Aw come on, don't be a hypocrite, post office uniforms are still uniforms.

Outside of his hobby and work, he's a social griffon, and has even learned how to properly fit in with pony society. At first he didn't like the idea of having to be 'nice' and stuff to them, but found it has definite perks. now, some of his best friends are ponies! He's still that 'jerk' that every group of friends has, but they all love him for it. He's also the neighborly sort, plenty of the ponies living around him going to him with help with things, be it moving something, fixing a sink, or getting an opinion. He always attends neighborhood barbecues as well, seeing to be a natural life-of-the-party.

• Like 7

I'm sorry, but I cannot accept your application on good faith.

Your blatant use of the word "Aubergine" through out your application is offensive to ponies and griffons alike. Even me writing that word makes my skin crawl. It sounds like some kind of disease like Botulism.

Even the word aubergine is offensive as the produce does not look, smell, or taste like an egg. I also find it very mocking to have a griffon farming them. That is ridiculous as a swallow carrying a coconut.

Please consider another type of produce like a Kumquat or even a Pear before this applicaton can be approved.

• Like 2

The Sandcat got his chance to approve, now it's my turn to do the same. With all manners of enthusiasm for its auberginey awesomeness, I do stamp this exceptional app:

:aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey:

AppApproved.png

:aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: :aubrey: