Filling requests for avies, sigs, and now BANNERS!

Hippo

I have recently self taught myself on how to create attractive animated GIFs. These are pretty cool for avatars, signatures, and sometimes serve a multimedia purpose.

Here are some examples I have made that come from pony episodes:

spikewave1.gif(THIS ONE IS UP FOR GRABS IF SOMEPONY WANTS IT. It meets avatar dimensions.

wail.gif

stomp.gif

innocenttwilight.gif

graciecustomprofile-1.gif

bestnightever1.gif

If you would like a customized animated gif, feel free to post a request. Here are the details I'll need:

- Video you want it pulled from, including timestamps

- Purpose of the animation (avatar, sig, etc.)

- A good description of how you want it to loop, and/or your expectations

If anybody else who knows how to make simple animated GIF files wants to create their own versions of a request, feel free to give it a shot. I'd like to make this an open thread for anypony who wants to get their hooves wet.

For beginners, it's important to know that an animated GIF is just a series of GIFs put together, like a flipbook, if you will. So an animated GIF doesn't have to be a 'video' per-say. It can simply be a slideshow of a few pictures.

A freeware (up to 20 uses) that I sometimes use is Easy GIF Animator. You can download the trial here.

Here is a straight shot of it:

rarityspook1-1.gif

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l585/riverhippo269/rarityspook1-1.gif

Tried to loop a continuous shot of her using a reverse method, and this is what I ended up with:

rarityspook2-1.gif

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l585/riverhippo269/rarityspook2-1.gif

The tranfering of data fro a .png to a .gif distorts it slightly. In this case, white dots can be seen near rarity's horn. Looks like magic.

If they are sped up too fast (for whatever reason) I can make it slower if you want.

There was this that you might be able to chop in half, one for Rarity and one for Applejack, riverhippo

Rarity and Applejack being 'spooky'

I really like that. I like how they looped Rarity without it looking choppy. How her tail suddenly dissapears is kind of annoying, but than again, I am very nitpicky at times.

I just realized that in the gif with rarity and her spooky movement her horn moves an AWEFUL lot more than her head does...... -giggles- Bad pony thoughts.....

Ugh....Can not be unseen. Very bad pony thoughts indeed. :)

I thought this too. It's almost like Rarity has a few loose screws in her head that allow her horn to wobble.

I just realized that in the gif with rarity and her spooky movement her horn moves an AWEFUL lot more than her head does...... -giggles- Bad pony thoughts.....

Ugh....Can not be unseen. Very bad pony thoughts indeed. :)

I thought this too. It's almost like Rarity has a few loose screws in her head that allow her horn to wobble.

Maybe it's something else -giggles-

That eyebrow Prince Blueblood pulls off.

do you even need a times for this? is 99% of that vid. XD but if you must know it is in the time spot of 8:25 - 8:27 give or take, from The Best Night Ever.

all i want is him pulling off that eyebrow, nothing crazy.

god i wish i can do that with my eyebrow.

• 3 weeks later...

here are some of my twilight animations:

these two aren't avatar size:

twilightread.gif

innocenttwilight.gif

these two are:

I like the dark twilight, but it's a bit of an eye-sore for an avy.

twilightdark1.gif

twilightcrazy01.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I am extended a hoof and am doing banners for RP characters.

Here are my personal examples:

maddenbanner.png

nolabanner2.png

arpybanner.png

If you would like one made for your character(s), I can help you! I can also make animated ones, but I highly recommend not using animated banners as they will only distract reading the posts, since RP is heavy reading for the most part.

A banner allows to set the mood, or to reintroduce a character. Lots of people have their characters in their avatar, but not everypony does. This can sometimes derail slightly when a friendly timid pony's personality is written up next to a avatar that promotes some other kind of emotion.

The banners I would make are pretty small, only 300 X 100, however, I'm willing to create other sizes as long as they are not too big. They just need to be big enough to get the job done and provide a little visual aide to get the RP story rolling. Any special designs or ideas are welcome for discussion. This is an open thread.