{Bridlebank Beach} A Day on the Beach (Open)

ShadowWalking18

(Ponies enjoying a day at the beach...Friends both new and old.. Even some siblings.. Things were going on well..Very typical day at the beach..Then a Godzillia movie broke out in the form of a Kraken. Being a member of the R.E.A, my Pegasus mare (Fire Walker) went about making sure the beach was cleared. She sent the kids (Her sister Wind Walker, Wind's friend Fast Track, and their new friend, and Razor's (the griffon) kid sister across the street to alert the R.E.A. She is also making sure nobody else wanders into the Danger Zone while waiting for the other R.E.A, that the Kraken doesn't beach itself, and that Razor doesn't actually hurt the confused sea creature. So her hooves are full!)

Technica Tekton was inside the store, deep inside as a matter of fact. He was thinking about what to quickly get, stuck between two different flavours of chips, but apparently that wouldn't happen yet. He heard the noises outside the store. Unaware of what was going on he stopped shopping and went towards the windows and doors of the store, carrying his cart of items he wanted to purchase. All he saw was ponies and other creatures evacuating the beach, a Kraken, and a few other things. He couldn't really make out the scene perfectly, as he only had a few brief moments to study what was going on outside. But then the children ran inside the store and ran the alarm. All Tekton could do now was cringe and cover his ears, dropping his small carts of goods. There was milk in the cart.... that fell and split open, covering some of the entrance way in milk. Although he didn't want to end his protection from the loud noise, he uncovered his ears and attempted to get the cart and unopened goods out of the entrance way. He scurried somewhere away from the entrance, but still by the large window facing the beach, and resumed to cover his ears. However, he forgot about the spilled milk.

"As if this day couldn't get worse..." Tekton thought to himself.

He was moving to Manehattin, but his train was forced to make an emergency stop right at the crack of dawn. Although he would be late for his arrival at his new home, he had some time to himself. What better thing to do but go to the beach quick to relax yourself, especially from his fears of living in a new place... right? But not today. He made the unfortunate mistake of doing a quick shopping errand around the time a sea creature popped up.

All he did was occasionally look out the window, and then look at the children, giving them an inquisitive look.

(While we wait for Swift Squall's post, I shall post for Wind And Fast. This is a bit of a rush post, so I might edit it up when I return from work..)

Both filly and colt covered their ears as the siren let out its roar. Thankfully the loud and rather piercing sound lasted for a only a moment. Once it was finished, Wind Walker smacked both of her two front hooves together , "There! The day is saved thanks to my quick and very clever bit of lever pushing. Hope they spell my name properly in the newspaper for tomorrow. It's W-I-N-D and not -W-A-N-D or -W-I-D. Who names their kid Wid anyways?", she glanced over at her colt-friend who was busing paying for the little filly's ice cream. "Yeah, I'm sure the Princess is already working out a new stained glass window display in your honor.", his voice could not be anymore sarcastic. "Maybe they can have Zelda build a statue to celebrate the day a young and very brave filly pulled a lever! Maybe we can rename 'Wednesday' and call it 'Wind's Day' instead?"

Wind Walker was rather annoyed at the colt's comments, "Yeah, yeah, enough already.", she growled.

There was milk in the cart.... that fell and split open, covering some of the entrance way in milk. Although he didn't want to end his protection from the loud noise, he uncovered his ears and attempted to get the cart and unopened goods out of the entrance way. He scurried somewhere away from the entrance, but still by the large window facing the beach, and resumed to cover his ears. However, he forgot about the spilled milk.

"As if this day couldn't get worse..." Tekton thought to himself.

"Don't worry hun, it wouldn't be the first time somepony spilled something on my floor today.", the mare glanced back into a small room behind the store's counter, "Hey Nala! Nap time's over! Clean up on isle one!" She turned back to the colt and took his bits. As the monetary transaction continued, a small brown kitten emerged from the back, also wearing a 'Cantermart' uniform. The feline made her way towards the milk spill with a look of pure joy on her fuzzy face. At least someone enjoyed their job.

Wind Walker glanced over at Technica Tekton and studied him for a moment, "We were enjoying a day at the beach, but that silly Kraken decided to spoil things. Guess it was either that or rain. I do....", she was promptly cut off by the colt who had finished paying the clerk, "Windy! Didn't your mum teach you not to talk to strangers!". The filly shook her head as he spoke, "You're such a drama queen Fast Track. He's like a teenager, and probably around Johnnie Walker's age. So how about this?", she cleared her throat, "I'm Wind Walker. Brown-Butt over here is Fast Track, and the pretty griffon is Glimmer. And what's your name?", her attention was now fully on the young stallion.

"Don't worry hun, it wouldn't be the first time somepony spilled something on my floor today.", the mare glanced back into a small room behind the store's counter, "Hey Nala! Nap time's over! Clean up on isle one!" She turned back to the colt and took his bits. As the monetary transaction continued, a small brown kitten emerged from the back, also wearing a 'Cantermart' uniform. The feline made her way towards the milk spill with a look of pure joy on her fuzzy face. At least someone enjoyed their job.

Wind Walker glanced over at Technica Tekton and studied him for a moment, "We were enjoying a day at the beach, but that silly Kraken decided to spoil things. Guess it was either that or rain. I do....", she was promptly cut off by the colt who had finished paying the clerk, "Windy! Didn't your mum teach you not to talk to strangers!". The filly shook her head as he spoke, "You're such a drama queen Fast Track. He's like a teenager, and probably around Johnnie Walker's age. So how about this?", she cleared her throat, "I'm Wind Walker. Brown-Butt over here is Fast Track, and the pretty griffon is Glimmer. And what's your name?", her attention was now fully on the young stallion.

Tekton cautiously placed the basket of goods down, as not to accidentally drop anything else. The then proceeded to walk over to Wind Walker and the others.

Tekton just didn't know what to expect. On top of his delayed train, a surprise kraken, there was also the uncalled for greeting of two ponies and a griffon. But because he was polite and courteous, he decided to introduce himself.

"My name is Technica Tekton", proclaimed Tekton while holding out a hoof, "Nice to meet you Wind Walker, Fast Track and Glimmer."

He gave a glance at each individual for a moment. He also attempted to give off a smile, but it would probably appear pathetic.

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm assuming this Kraken is lost and confused. Maybe it was separated from its pod, or family group, or whatever these things swim with."

[colour=green]"Oh, that explains everything... It just wants to turn us into marmalade out of loneliness. I am sorry Fire but while I bet you would be both tasty and visually appealing jam with that pretty red shades of yours, I prefer you in more solidified form."[/colour] Swift managed the impossible by snarking, complementing and teasing the mare on the one breath.

And then Swift realized that he was staring at her flank the whole time. The flaming meteorite....While unicorn know not what it represented, it somehow fit Fire really well...

Squall shook his head as if he tried to rid off some annoying fly - it wasn't time for things like that!

[colour=green]"We have a higher ground here. If we manage to draw the kraken closer, some of it's tentacles will be struck under the pier - limiting it's attack options."[/colour]

Razor looked at Swift and rubbed his beak, "Hmm....not sure what you can do. You don't seem to want to hurt the thing, so that sword of yours ain't going to be much use unless you're actually willing to do some chopping."

[colour=green]"Fire said that hurting the beast is the least resort. And we will comply to her word Aquelian, for she is the only active soldier among us."[/colour] Swift said with conviction before returning his attention to mare [colour=green]"But if I will have to choose between creature confort and lives of others I will not hesitate, just keep that in mind."[/colour] swordstallion warned.

Razor looked at Swift and rubbed his beak, "If not could I borrow it?. Maybe you can use your magic to throw blunt objects at the thing?"

[colour=green]"You could not. Look at the grip, it's made for pony teeth not griffon talons. You would break your fingers trying using it. Not to mention that in terms of magical energy I am scrapping the bottom of the barrel - I need my blade as the focusing tool..."[/colour] he explained his refusal before stopping. Green eyes behind sunglasses widened a little. Within a split second Squall pushed Razor and Fire aside and leaped forward....to intercept the boat that kraken thrown at them!

[colour=green]"Samidarekiri!"[/colour] unicorn yelled as his blade moved upwards in the rising slash. With this one brilliant strike, the small vessel was bisected - it's halves flying past the trio and crashing into water below the pier.

[colour=green]"That's what I can do."[/colour] Squall said before turned his head towards the two [colour=green]"If you want a weapon, griffon there is a sledgehammer and fire axe in the shack. Go quickly!"[/colour] swordstallion chevied Razor, for they were almost in sea beast tentacles rage.

[colour=green]"Here it comes."[/colour] Swift commented, while sheathing his blade with intent of using it as the club.

"My name is Technica Tekton", proclaimed Tekton while holding out a hoof, "Nice to meet you Wind Walker, Fast Track and Glimmer."

He gave a glance at each individual for a moment. He also attempted to give off a smile, but it would probably appear pathetic.

The little filly did a remarkable job at butchering the older stallion's name, "Tecnicky? Tacknancky? Taa...", and was quickly 'shooshed' by the colt that was standing nearby, "Geez Windy, nice going on the whole 'name' thing. His name is 'Technica', which I believe means 'technique' in one of the Pre-Equestrian languages.". Wind Walker was already bored with this conversation as she quickly made her way into the candy isle, "Holy Moly! They have 'Blue Razz Wazoo' bars! Those things are next to impossible to find! And er, why are these birds so angry?", she batted a small box of gummie 'birds' at the colt who promptly caught it with his face. "It's probably because they don’t have any bodies. Just heads and somepony is going to eat them...Hey Wind!"

The little pony already made her way through the candy section and was now sampling a rather large red frozen drink. This caused the friendly mare behind the counter to frown just a little. "You are going to pay for that, right kids?".

The colt quickly made his way towards the counter, bit-bag resting comfortably in his mouth. He deposited the bag near the mare who collected a few coins before hoofing them back over. "You might want to stay here for the moment Mister. I'm sorry if Wind Walker drives you crazy, but it sure beats getting stomped on by a giant monster.", he turned and noticed his friend was now laying on her back with her front hooves resting directly on her forehead. She looked to be in great agony, or at least suffering from a really bad case of 'Brain-freeze'.

"I'm guessing it beats it by only just a little bit...", he groaned as he watched his friend's bottom left left twitch for a bit.

"Samidarekiri!" unicorn yelled as his blade moved upwards in the rising slash. With this one brilliant strike, the small vessel was bisected - it's halves flying past the trio and crashing into water below the pier.

"That's what I can do." Squall said before turned his head towards the two "If you want a weapon, griffon there is a sledgehammer and fire axe in the shack. Go quickly!" swordstallion chevied Razor, for they were almost in sea beast tentacles rage.

"Here it comes." Swift commented, while sheathing his blade with intent of using it as the club.

"I don't believe this creature is out to harm us...", she nimbly scooted out of the way as another small raft made its way dangerously close to where she was standing. By then, she fully realized how badly her suit was torn, "Oh for pony's sake! This is an 'Mareona'. Docket will be heartbroken if she saw how badly it was ruined....Oh-no.", while she had wondered if the two boats were abandoned or just simply wrecks the kraken was able to slap out of the water, she quickly caught the sight of two helpless ponies who were now treading water. Guys! I'll go save those two! You need to keep the creature at bay until the R.E.A. shows up!", she took to the sky, "Try not to hurt it!", she pleaded as she quickly made her way towards the two helpless ponies.

The little filly did a remarkable job at butchering the older stallion's name, "Tecnicky? Tacknancky? Taa...", and was quickly 'shooshed' by the colt that was standing nearby

Tekton honestly could care less about the child butchering his name. The thing that was really holding a monopoly on Tekton's attention was the kraken outside. He only gave a quick glance at the child, not knowing whether if the filly was doing it to be playful, or doing it to be a jerk.

"Geez Windy nice going on the whole 'name' thing. His name is 'Technica', which I believe means 'technique' in one of the Pre-Equestrian languages."

The guessing at the the meaning of the word, however, did grip Technica's attention. More specifically, it broke his glance towards Wind Walker.

"Technica means technology in one of the the Pre-Equestrian language," stated Tekton while looking at the colt, "But it could also mean technique in another language." Tekton shrugged at the confusion he bestowed upon himself, and itched his head for an anon. "Eh, the older languages were probably similar."

"You might want to stay here for the moment Mister. I'm sorry if Wind Walker drives you crazy, but it sure beats getting stomped on by a giant monster."

Tekton continued his normal stare at the colt "No, she doesn't bother me that much, but does she usually go around and butcher people's names like that?" However, this question was made assuming that the colt actually knew the filly. Tekton thought that it would be more likely that the cashier mare would have the answers.

[colour=green]"Samidarekiri!"[/colour] unicorn yelled as his blade moved upwards in the rising slash. With this one brilliant strike, the small vessel was bisected - it's halves flying past the trio and crashing into water below the pier.

[colour=green]"That's what I can do."[/colour] Squall said before turned his head towards the two [colour=green]"If you want a weapon, griffon there is a sledgehammer and fire axe in the shack. Go quickly!"[/colour] swordstallion chevied Razor, for they were almost in sea beast tentacles rage.

[colour=green]"Here it comes."[/colour] Swift commented, while sheathing his blade with intent of using it as the club.

Tekton just stared out the window. He probably wouldn't even be able to hear the ponies and griffons outside. But, the removal of part of the beast did trigger an idea from within him. He opened his mouth and in a sort of fatigued way and began to speak, "I wonder how often an event like this occurs in this area of Equestria," proclaimed Technica out-loud to no particular being, hoping that someone would answer.

Razor leaped into the air as the Kraken attacked again.

"Bah forget the sword. You don't want me to hurt the piece of calamari anyway." he said, diving past a swinging tentacle.

"Come on you over grown piece of sea food. I'm the one that hit ya, try and get me back." He said, mocking the Kraken as he flew about, moving away from the port and towards the sea in an effort to pull the Kraken away from land and citizens.

He dived and flew about the Kraken, dodging tentacles and flying circles about its head at fast speeds to get it dizzy.

------------------------

Glimmer was busy looking through different candies and sweets and spotted Winds colt friend. She had to giggle, he was cute if in a always getting embaressed kind of way. But she wasn't going to go steal her friends colt friend.

'Hmm...I wonder if coltfriends are like lifemates.' She thought, and decided to ask.

"Hey...umm...I forget your name. But I was wondering...you're Winds coltfriend right? Is that like a Lifemate?" She asked, tilting her head slightly in a cute fashion.

• 3 weeks later...

Tekton continued his normal stare at the colt "No, she doesn't bother me that much, but does she usually go around and butcher people's names like that?" However, this question was made assuming that the colt actually knew the filly. Tekton thought that it would be more likely that the cashier mare would have the answers. Tekton just stared out the window. He probably wouldn't even be able to hear the ponies and griffons outside. But, the removal of part of the beast did trigger an idea from within him. He opened his mouth and in a sort of fatigued way and began to speak, "I wonder how often an event like this occurs in this area of Equestria," proclaimed Technica out-loud to no particular being, hoping that someone would answer.

The young colt continued to watch as his friend explored the rather confined, but brightly coloured interior of the convenience store, "Nah, for a silly pony, she's actually one of the smarter kids in my class. She just went through some drama recently with her family and school, and she's just letting off some steam by being..er...silly.", he watched her as she opened up a small package and started to fiddle around with the contents inside, "I don't think those are balloons Windy...Yeck.", he tuned away from the filly and glanced directly at the older stallion, "Well, interesting things to do happen from time to time. Back home we had an invasion during a royal wedding and a crazy chaos spirit was freed and caused some ruckus, but it's pretty rare in Canterlot. There's a small town not that far from us called 'Ponyville' that seems to have some strange going on at least once a week. If I may ask Mister, where are you from?"

"Hey...umm...I forget your name. But I was wondering...you're Winds coltfriend right? Is that like a Lifemate?" She asked, tilting her head slightly in a cute fashion.

"It's Fast Track, and yes, I'm Wind's friend..oh..wait..", he started to blush, "She thinks we're colt-friends, but most of the grownups think we're too young for a such a thing, and I got to agree with them, but she is one of my best friends, and it's never boring when she's about..But, what do you mean about life-mates? As in arranged weddings? I don't think ponies have done that in a long time. Is that something common in griffon societies?"

Fire Walker continued to drive off random beach-goers who were still stuck on the beach. Thankfully, the large sea creature kept its tentacles occupied with the male griffon and unicorn. "What's taking the R.E.A so long?!", the Pegasus growled as she ushered an elderly beachcomber to safety. She might have been a little too loud, as the kraken sent one of its many limbs after the red pony, who nimbly got out of the way just in time

The young colt continued to watch as his friend explored the rather confined, but brightly coloured interior of the convenience store, "Nah, for a silly pony, she's actually one of the smarter kids in my class. She just went through some drama recently with her family and school, and she's just letting off some steam by being..er...silly.", he watched her as she opened up a small package and started to fiddle around with the contents inside, "I don't think those are balloons Windy...Yeck.", he tuned away from the filly and glanced directly at the older stallion, "Well, interesting things to do happen from time to time. Back home we had an invasion during a royal wedding and a crazy chaos spirit was freed and caused some ruckus, but it's pretty rare in Canterlot. There's a small town not that far from us called 'Ponyville' that seems to have some strange going on at least once a week. If I may ask Mister, where are you from?"

The natural curiosity within Tekton wanted to know more about the young pony and the event that directed her to differentiate from other ponies. However, he felt that, as a stranger to the group, it would be a little to intrusive, awkward, and probably uncalled for him to ask any more questions.

The colt that Tekton was talking to then proceeded to answer his question about the sporatic occurances...

"Oh yes, that chaotic being that was loose during the wedding," Tekton replied, "I heard about it, but never really saw it. Probably a good thing though; I left Canterlot a few years before the wedding." However, Tekton really wanted to know how often random events occur in this specific area, not Equestria as a whole. "However, I was really asking about this area." Proclaimed Tekton. "I really wasn't reffering to the entire country as a whole, but rather this specific part of it." Tekton already heard about the unusual events in Ponyville and Canterlot, but he really has never heard of any noteworthy peculiar around the Bridlebank Beach area.

Razor leaped into the air as the Kraken attacked again.

"Bah forget the sword. You don't want me to hurt the piece of calamari anyway." he said, diving past a swinging tentacle.

"Come on you over grown piece of sea food. I'm the one that hit ya, try and get me back." He said, mocking the Kraken as he flew about, moving away from the port and towards the sea in an effort to pull the Kraken away from land and citizens.

He dived and flew about the Kraken, dodging tentacles and flying circles about its head at fast speeds to get it dizzy.

While Razor was not stating his plan aloud, Swift was experienced enough to guess his intention.

[colour=green]"That....that could actually work!"[/colour] Squall admitted to himself before rising his head [colour=green]"Keep going! Don't stop."[/colour] he encouraged the griffon.

Yet sea beast was not to be dazed so easily. Another lifeboat was thrown at the Razor, which he thankfully managed to avoid. However the vessel was followed by rusted anchor, hollow tree trunk, boulder and Fire's portable fridge among other things. But before Aquelian could be overwhelmed, a couple of wind shock-waves managed to knock some off the cephalopod projectiles from the sky.

[colour=green]"Kamaitachi."[/colour] unicorn pronounced while swinging his weapon. The crescent shaped wind blast thrown the fridge off course, before it could smash Razor beak. However it's door have opened and the content inside rained down upon the swordstallion.

[colour=green]".....Well.....I heard that vegetable poultice are popular this season for coat treatments."[/colour] stallion managed to keep his cool despite the tomatoes in his mane, the butter that stained his back and the apple jam that steamed on his cheek - although snark certainly helped with keeping the badflank composure.

[colour=green]"It's not effective Aquellian. I seems that kraken have eyes big enough to keep track on you without getting dizzy, even if you got it's full attention for the moment."[/colour] he said as Razor was flying over him. Swift paused for the moment, both to look for Fire and devise the next course of action. Thankfully she seemed alright. However It seemed that REA had some problems with getting on the scene.

[colour=green]"Magically wise I am almost spent and on my last legs in terms of the body. There is one more thing I can try to do griffon, but you need to distract it some more. I don't know if it will work - I never did this with a sheeted blade. Regardless if it will succeed or not, I will probably pass out right after execution. Also I need a minute or minute and half during which I can not move. It would be much easier if I am would be not tired...."[/colour] unicorn explained before jumping aside to avoid the kraken arm that smashed the spot he was standing on.

[colour=green]"Can you do it?"[/colour] Squall asked while assuming a specific stance upon landing.

Razor dodged flying projectiles and tentacles, while Squall said something about being able to do something or some such. Frankly Razor wasn't really listening as he was trying to avoid being killed, [colour=#FF0000]"Huh? Yeah sure why not. What do you need me to do?"[/colour]

Razor flew past a swinging tentacle, [colour=#FF0000]"For petes peppers, where are those blasted ponies! Hurry up sword pony, what do you need me to do?"[/colour]

----------------------------

"It's Fast Track, and yes, I'm Wind's friend..oh..wait..", he started to blush, "She thinks we're colt-friends, but most of the grownups think we're too young for a such a thing, and I got to agree with them, but she is one of my best friends, and it's never boring when she's about..But, what do you mean about life-mates? As in arranged weddings? I don't think ponies have done that in a long time. Is that something common in griffon societies?"

Glimmer giggled, [colour=#EE82EE]"Oh sorry, I guess you don't do that. My bad."[/colour] She giggled again and ruffled Fast Track's mane, [colour=#EE82EE]"Still its you two look cute together. But no a life-mate isn't an arranged marriage, its the griffon or in your case pony that you vow to spend the rest of your life with. But I guess its something only we griffons do. Still I guess thats for the best, it be really odd and scarey to see two earth ponies try to do the ritual dive."[/colour]

Glimmer looked to Wind and went over to see what the wierd ballons were, [colour=#EE82EE]"What are these? Mister,"[/colour] She said to Tekton, [colour=#EE82EE]"do you know what they are?"[/colour]

area, not Equestria as a whole. "However, I was really asking about this area." Proclaimed Tekton. "I really wasn't reffering to the entire country as a whole, but rather this specific part of it." Tekton already heard about the unusual events in Ponyville and Canterlot, but he really has never heard of any noteworthy peculiar around the Bridlebank Beach area.

"Oh, you mean this area? Bridlebank Shores? To be honest with you Mister, this is the first time I've been in this part of Equestria, so I wouldn't know if they normally get Kraken and monster attacks." he casually glanced out of the window to see if the others were still dealing with the large creature and sighed when he saw that they still had their hooves full. "We were staying over at Fillydelphia and Fire Walker thought it would be fun to visit the beach, and it was fun, until that big and scary monster showed up and we had to go here to summon the R.E.A. I do hope they can take care of that monster soon! We still have things to do!", he groaned.

"Yeah!", the filly was busy playing with a few pony toys that were piled up in a large bin near the candy counter, "We're going to see a movie and then have dinner over at Uncle Muggos!", she glanced down at the plastic toys and added, "What's with these toys? They're supposed to be ponies, but they look like hippos...And they only have their cutie marks on one side. Lame!", she tossed the figures back into their bin and cantered her way back to the others. "We'll have to play with his Karaoke machine when we get there."

something only we griffons do. Still I guess thats for the best, it be really odd and scarey to see two earth ponies try to do the ritual dive."

Glimmer looked to Wind and went over to see what the wierd ballons were, "What are these? Mister," She said to Tekton, "do you know what they are?"

"Earth ponies?", the little colt extended a wing, "We're both Pegasus ponies, but I think I understand what you mean.", he let his wing relax back into a fold, "We all usually get married the typical way. Usually there's a ceremony, and then a party after that. Nothing fancy. I was at my Aunt Scarlet Tart's wedding last month and adults always act so strange at these things. ", he blushed a little more as Glimmer caught sight of Wind's 'balloons', and hoped he could steer their conversation away from such a topic, "They're nothing. Maybe when we're done with the beach, maybe you and your big brother can come with us to town and hang out."

Fire watched as her cooler flew directly over her head, "Oh for pony's sake! That thing was expensive!", she quickly took after the flying mini-fridge and nearly ran into the unicorn as he received a quick fruit shower. "Darn it!", she growled as she watched the cooler break open. "Hey guys! Look!" she pointed up towards the sky, where a small squad of R.E.A Pegasus ponies clad in official military flight suits were quickly making their way towards the kraken, "There's only six of them, but they should be more than useful. Oh wait.", she turned and licked the apple jam from the unicorn's cheek and quickly brushed off the tomato paste from his mane with a helpful wing, "There! You also have some jam on your lower stomach there, but we'll worry about that later! If you need us to distract the kraken some more, we'll do it!", she returned to the sky.

"Oh, you mean this area? Bridlebank Shores? To be honest with you Mister, this is the first time I've been in this part of Equestria, so I wouldn't know if they normally get Kraken and monster attacks." he casually glanced out of the window to see if the others were still dealing with the large creature and sighed when he saw that they still had their hooves full. "We were staying over at Fillydelphia and Fire Walker thought it would be fun to visit the beach, and it was fun, until that big and scary monster showed up and we had to go here to summon the R.E.A. I do hope they can take care of that monster soon! We still have things to do!", he groaned.

"Oh..." said Tekton. "Well that's terrible luck. I too was just, uh, visiting.... sorta."

Tekton then emoted a chuckle, ackowledging how the few of them managed to be in a similiar situation.

An anon after the chucle, the Tekton just looked at the young pony as she fiddled with the toys.

“Cut your belly-achin’! Just be glad I didn’t drag you out of bed at the flank crack of dawn this time, private!”

Sergeant Acclaim’s rebuke was enough to shut her subordinate up. Ordinarily Acclaim wasn’t so snippy, but when she was told she’d be rotated to Bridlebank, she’d assumed it would be on R&R. Obviously, this wasn’t the case. What was originally going to be a relaxing vacation quickly turned into a week of drills and conditioning for some fresh recruits out of Filly. So the sergeant found herself leading a squad of neophytes on afternoon PT. Needless to say, the sergeant was not happy.

“A week to prep would have done me better,” she muttered under her breath.

As consolation, though, they were in PT gear rather than full armor. Goggles, a bandanna to keep her mane out of her eyes, and a hydration harness with canteens made the midday heat and salty wind much more bearable. All she wanted right now was to make it back to the barracks, crack open a cold one, and catch a quick nap before her tactician’s lecture in the evening. But as is often the case, things never went as planned. Acclaim’s ear twitched as the first tones of the siren wafted up to their altitude. Was that what she thought it was? Please gods, no.

“Uh. Sarge? I think I hear an emergency siren!”

Yup. It was. Acclaim sniffed at the sudden turn of events. Looks like her personal R&R would have to wait.

“Form up on me! We’ll make a low pass of the beach. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for trouble!”

As she barked the orders, Acclaim banked and turned into a steep spiral, leveling off near the beach. The flight of pegasi streaked over the shoreline, scanning for trouble as they approached the source of the siren.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me...”

“Sarge, is that what I think it is?”

“Don’t think too hard, private,” Acclaim snorted. She pointed with her hooves and issued her orders as they approached. “You three, land up the beach and start clearing out the ponies there. The rest of you, I want cloud markers set up going out to sea. I don’t want any shipping coming this way if and when that thing retreats. I’ll clear the piers. Rendezvous at the Canter-mart in 20 majesties. Go!”

The formation splintered, fire teams splitting off to do their assigned tasks. Taking a deep breath, Acclaim clopped her front hooves together, pulled her goggles down, and gritted her teeth in determination. She didn't join the Guard to relax, she joined to WIN. That squid needed to be put out to sea, but first things were first: civilians out.

Acclaim dove to sea level, skimming the wave tops as she approached the shoreline at top speed. The misty salt wash from her wake swirled together with sand kicked up from her wingbeats and wove together a glittering sand screen between the kraken and the ponies remaining near the pier. It wasn't much, but the situation didn't leave much time for thought. The "smokescreen" would be enough of a distraction for them to escape.

The sergeant popped up from beach level, flaring her wings as she alighted before Squall and Fire Walker. The stragglers were a brave bunch, but fighting it to the death wasn’t going to help anypony. There would be no victory if ponies got hurt.

"Picnic's over fillies and colts!" she barked, flashing her Guard badge. Her sergeant chevrons were clearly visible on her harness shoulders. "We need to get off this beach!"

• Like 1

The red Pegasus looked away from the unicorn she was standing near. "Oh!", with a free hoof, she managed to shield the sun from her eyes so she could get a better look at the small squad of R.E.A solders. While she never had spoken to the mare directly, she knew who was commanding the small group of solders. "Sergeant Acclaim!", the mare properly saluted her superior once she got within range. The Pegasus pony may or may not have recognized the mare, who quickly introduced herself as, "First Lieutenant Fire Walker". The mare was wearing a one pieced bathing suit that had been torn on the side, which exposed the right side of her flank and her cutie mark, which was of an falling meteorite. There was also an rather unpleasant bruise that could be seen through her coat.

"We managed to successfully remove the civilians and have been trying to keep this creature from beaching itself. So far this 'kraken' has been putting up some sort of tantrum and has been throwing an assortment of debris and ship wreckage it has been scooping up from the bottom of the sea. I'm afraid some of it might strike the small community that rests beyond this beach.", being a proper solider, she looked directly into the Sergeant's eyes. As she mentioned, there was a small shopping area across the beach which contained a small bar, beach-convenience store and a few other shops of interest. "So far it hasn't had any luck hitting the lot of us, or the stores, but if its able to get closer, I fear for the safety of the residents who live and work across from the beach. So whatever you need of us to do, we are at your command."

She stood by an stallion unicorn who she quickly introduced as 'Sir Squall' and an young griffon who she referred to as 'Razor', both appeared to be more than physically suitable to work aside the R.E.A.

The little colt was confused by what the adult had said, "What do you mean 'sort of visiting'? There's not much to do here but enjoy the beach and the little tourist traps they have here..Are you...", the colt was quickly interrupted by the blue filly who bounced into view, "Are you some sort of spy? Probably working for Cantermart's rivals and want to steal the secret formula for their famous 'Squirt-E's'! I won't let you do that! You can't steal it, if you can't get your hooves on it!", she quickly made her way back to the frozen drink machines and started to drink directly from the fountains themselves.

Fast Track rolled his eyes, pushed the small strands of hair from his eyes and started to count "1-2-3...", before his friend let out another shriek from rapid brain freeze. Unfettered, he cantered over to the register, paid for drink(s) and food Wind Walker had managed to devour before returning to the stallion. As he made his way back, he noticed the squad of ponies as they flew towards the beach, "Thank Heavens!", he beamed, "Looks like the R.E.A is here!"

Glimmer gasped as Wind suffered a brain freeze, [colour=#EE82EE]"Oh no Wind. Are you okay?"[/colour] She said as she rushed over, rubbing the poor filly's head, [colour=#EE82EE]"You shouldn't do that. Why did you do that anyway?"[/colour]

She looked over at Tekton, [colour=#EE82EE]"Did you do this? Why did you make Wind get brain freeze? That is really mean."[/colour] She looked at the pony with big puppy eyes that looked ready to cry. She hugged Wind close to her, doing all in her power of cuteness to make the pony repent for giving Wind brain freeze.

---------------------------------------------------

Razor dodged a tentacle as he flew about the Kraken, waiting for whatever it was that Squall was going to do. He dodged a few throw pieces, and managed to grab a hotdog from a stand that had been thrown.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hey free lunch."[/colour] He said as he chowed down real fast as he dodged another tentacle. Shame there hadn't been any mustard. Oh well.

He then noticed some ponies arriving, Fire speaking to them and he flew up through the clouds to get out of the Krakens sight before joining them. He got there just as Fire was introducing him.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hi, nice ta meet ya. So any ideas how to get the walking piece of calamari out of here? Maybe we can have a big sea food fry?"[/colour] He said jokingly. But did lick his beak a bit at the thought of some fried calamari. It had been awhile since he had some of that.

The little colt was confused by what the adult had said, "What do you mean 'sort of visiting'? There's not much to do here but enjoy the beach and the little tourist traps they have here..

"Well, I was moving to another area, but..."

Tekton was starting to tell the unfortunate event of the train, but then the filly hijacked the conversation.

Are you...", the colt was quickly interrupted by the blue filly who bounced into view, "Are you some sort of spy? Probably working for Cantermart's rivals and want to steal the secret formula for their famous 'Squirt-E's'! I won't let you do that! You can't steal it, if you can't get your hooves on it!", she quickly made her way back to the frozen drink machines and started to drink directly from the fountains themselves.

Tekton facehooved himself in response to the statement. "No, I'm not some sort of spy." Tekton then proceeded to give his attention back to the colt. "I'm moving to Manehattin, but the train that I was taking ran into some sort of problem while stationed in Fillydelphia. It would be a few hours, so I decided to take a break at this beach. But apparently my bad luck decided that it wouldn't stop tormenting me...." Tekton looked at the beast that started the ruckus to begin with.

She looked over at Tekton, [colour=#EE82EE]"Did you do this? Why did you make Wind get brain freeze? That is really mean."[/colour] She looked at the pony with big puppy eyes that looked ready to cry. She hugged Wind close to her, doing all in her power of cuteness to make the pony repent for giving Wind brain freeze.

"Me?" Tekton proclaimed excitedly, "But how could I do such a thing?" He waved his front right hoof in the area that a unicorn horn should be. "I don't have a horn to do this." A sigh unconsiously escaped from Tekton, and as Tekton began to continue talking, the tone of his voice became tranquil, "How am I responsible for her actions?"

After defending himself, and while waiting for the "counter-argument," Tekton's gaze went towards the beach again, and with the sound of Fast Track proclaiming the R.E.A. arrived, Tekton became slightly happier. "Just a little more and I'll be able to go back onto the train and not deal with anymore of this!" - Tekton thought to himself. He honestly didn't care what the R.E.A. was (or he just didn't remember), but he didn't want to know. All the knoledge required was that they would be fighting the kraken and this unusual event will end soon enough.

Squall was too focused on channeling his trump technique to notice the coming of REA. He didn't even noticed that cloud off dust was set up by the pony until Fire welcomed the landing Sergeant.

[colour=green]"Ohhh...good..."[/colour] he said in relief. One could hear great weariness in his otherwise warm baritone. [colour=green]"We can now leave this to army spellc...."[/colour] unicorn begun but quickly stopped. Even through he looked around he couldn't find a familiar robes of the battlemages. Swift closed his eyes and sighted heavily.

[colour=green]".....You brought no wizards..."[/colour] he stated the obvious fact to the Acclaim [colour=green]"And despite having no real means to stop this thing Sergeant you say us to retreat? No....I've seen one settlement razed once and I will not see one again. Even if this thing have to slither over my broken body!"[/colour] he growled in much harsher tone. It seems that Acclaim managed to push one of his anger buttons and make Squall lose some of the cool.

[colour=green]"Now that they broke my concentration. I can not start again....What can I do?"[/colour] he asked himself in his mind, while rubbing his temple with one of front hooves.

[colour=#FF0000]"Hi, nice ta meet ya. So any ideas how to get the walking piece of calamari out of here? Maybe we can have a big sea food fry?"[/colour] He said jokingly. But did lick his beak a bit at the thought of some fried calamari. It had been awhile since he had some of that.

[colour=green]"I am trying to find one. And stop thinking with stomach like some....animal..." [/colour] he scolded Razor at first, but in that moment an expression of enlightenment flushed out through his face.

[colour=green]"A trick that Candy showed me....maybe it's worth a shot..."[/colour] he wondered.

Just as the smokescreen started to clear up, Swift trotted forward before the group - his sheathed blade in from of him, pointed downwards. He poured what little magic he has left through the weapon, making the gems on scabbard and hilt shine extraordinary. And then, as gigantic eyes were focused just on him he just started waving the sword from left to right, like a pendulum.

[colour=green]"Sleeeeeep...."[/colour] swordstallion said in the commanding voice.