Hey Mane, where did all the events go?

Manestream

I'm sure many of you have been wondering lately about the calm our board has gone through the last few months, and find yourselves tapping your hooves to your muzzles and wondering "Hey, did I sleep through a holiday?"

You most certainly did not!

The next thing you might wonder is "Did Manestream sleep through the holidays? Was she pony-knapped?! Did she go wandering to deep into the Ever-free forest and get turned into stone?!"

I most certainly did not to at least two of those!

But I have certainly been busy. Some ponies are concerned that the lack of events means the forum is undergoing some peril; I assure you that is not the case. The forum is still steadily growing in members, and the Canterlot staff is still chugging along while I sort out some personal business in my life.

"What business is that you might ask?" :-o Well let me tell you!

I have recently gotten married, and moved into a new home. To make ends meet, I was working a full time job, while training part time for a new job. Amidst all that, my grandmother's health declined, and we had a second, special, private ceremony for her. Since then, I have received a third job offer out of the area, and have been commuting to pursue that career. I have just recently lost a family member, and will be undergoing another move within the next 40 days. Needless to say, it has been a very busy time in my life- and despite how much I love this community and fandom; my family (and putting food on the table, and a roof overhead) has to come first.

The good news is that future prospects are very good. Thanks to diligence over the last few months (despite a few Twilight-Sparkle style breakdowns), my partner and I both have better jobs lined up, and I will be able to access Canterlot at work, allowing me immediate turnaround in regards to board issues.

"So Mane, what does this all mean?"

While it is a disappointment that recently I have been unable to work with the staff on releasing events for you all to enjoy, in no way have I lost interest in the site, and already the staff and I are working together to bring the Crystal Empire and Crystal Ponies to the RP. Since I will soon be working only one job, my time for the site will increase, and you should all see a very exciting 2013, in which the staff and I hope to release a lot of long-talked about events and changes to the RP.

In light of that,

I want to take this opportunity to thank my co-admin Artax and our staff for working so hard on this site while my time was so thin. They have worked tirelessly to keep this place running, and are bursting with energy to take our RP further than its been before with new ideas. Please give a shout-out to all of them for keeping this place running, alive, and healthy- they devote a lot of their personal time and their hearts to this place, so show them some love!

And you, our users, deserve a shout-out too. Thank you for investing your time here, in our community, and being what makes it great. The staff and I can plan from dusk until dawn, but without you- its all for nothing. So thank you for being a part of what makes us great :)

I'm looking forward to whats coming ahead, and hope you are all as excited about it as I am. Thanks for your patience and understanding, and for being the best each of you can be. Its so rare that so many people come together to practice being better to one another- to practice the basic morals of the show we love.

I'm proud to be a part of this community.

• Like 13

And we are proud that Mane is a part of this community.

Anyway, I doubt there are reasons to be worried. Even quite recently we had Tales taking care of NMNight. Now there's Steel's unofficial Running of the Leaves. As long as official events are fun, the community can organize its time effectively :)

Good hearing from you though.

• Like 1