Pinkie Pie or Derpy Hooves is the more randompony?

Bright Glow

Which pony is more random?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which pony is more random?

• Derpy Hooves
    • Pinkie Pie

Pinkie by a long shot. Derpy just seems a little random thanks to the amount of fanart she has, so really the fans created her personality, thanks to the appearances she had (That being her obsession with muffins, the fact she's a mail pony, and her namesake, the derped eyes), so she does seem a bit random, but we haven't seen (Or heard) enough of her to see if she's more random than Pinkie.

Pinkie, on the other hand, is way more of a random pony. What with the ability to make songs on the fly, always carry around goofy objects (The foam finger from Sonic Rainboom, the umbrella hat from Dragonshy), her constant 4th wall breaking, and the fact she is aware she's in a cartoon and gives the finger (Err, hoof) to physics and does whatever she pleases. So yeah, the evidence is there, Pinkie Pie is much more random.

However, if the rumors are true about Derpy becoming a bigger character next season, Pinkie might have some tough competition, but only time will tell, and until that day, my opinion stands.

Pinkie by a long shot. Derpy just seems a little random thanks to the amount of fanart she has, so really the fans created her personality, thanks to the appearances she had (That being her obsession with muffins, the fact she's a mail pony, and her namesake, the derped eyes), so she does seem a bit random, but we haven't seen (Or heard) enough of her to see if she's more random than Pinkie.

Pinkie, on the other hand, is way more of a random pony. What with the ability to make songs on the fly, always carry around goofy objects (The foam finger from Sonic Rainboom, the umbrella hat from Dragonshy), her constant 4th wall breaking, and the fact she is aware she's in a cartoon and gives the finger (Err, hoof) to physics and does whatever she pleases. So yeah, the evidence is there, Pinkie Pie is much more random.

However, if the rumors are true about Derpy becoming a bigger character next season, Pinkie might have some tough competition, but only time will tell, and until that day, my opinion stands.

What this pony said.

hi hi

I dunno... Derpy is pretty random in that she shows up in the background just about everywhere, with no particular pattern to her appearances. Best young flier contestant, watches fashion shows, drops anvils, gets invited to the grand galloping gala (at least, I don't think she just showed up uninvited)

Pinky is intentionally random. Derpy is only random in canon as so far as her random appearances and rather random eyes. All other weird and random behavior exhibited by Derpy is fanon at best, and it varies from artist to artist, and writer to writer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It depends on whether you're basing this on canon or fanon.

In the official canon of the show so far Pinkie Pie is one of the mane characters who is clearly shown to be far more random than Derpy who only has one line and a few appearances in the background to develop her character.

However in terms of fanon this is opposite.

Since Derpy has virtually no real canon character development she has infinitely more potential to be random without contradicting her canon character development, unlike Pinkie Pie whose believable actions would be limited to her representation in the show.

ONLY due to more screen exposure, the answer must be Pinkie Pie.

She reminds me of a line I heard a silly acting Daffy Duck speak in a very old Looney Tunes cartoon as he walked on the ceiling: "I'm so crazy, I don't know that this is impossible!"

:-D :-D