The Coltaran Chronicles: The Eye of the Gods (Open, Apply in OOC)

Valencetiger

Dusk froze as he turned from the door. There, standing right in front of him, was an EVA soldier. The soldier was standing with a spear in his hooves, looking straight at him. At first, Dusk thought he was dead; no doubt this was the first of a whole battalion of soldiers sent to find him. [colour=#00ff00]“H-h-halt!” [/colour]the soldier said in a shaky voice. This gave him pause, and caused him to look at the soldier again. This time he noticed that the hooves holding the spear were shaking, and that the soldier didn’t look very confident. So, no back up, no great warning call going throughout the palace, and best of all, no Rahmane. Knowing that no soldiers, or Rahmane, were coming after him, and that it was only this one soldier that had found him gave him more confidence. Not to mention that this soldier seemed rather scared.

Dusk tilted his head and gave the soldier a smile. [colour=#996633]“Now now, no need to shout. My name is Umbrosa Verenae,”[/colour] he said, his smile getting a little bigger[colour=#996633],” and I’d really like it if you stayed silent.” [/colour]Once he finished, he stepped a bit closer to the soldier. [colour=#996633]“Now, I’ve given you my name, care to give me yours?” [/colour]he asked, tilting his head to the other side. [colour=#996633]“Oh, and don’t even think of using that,”[/colour] he pointed at the spear with one hoove.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Black Knight' - Within a Diamon Halls, few minutes earlier.

~Empress Tulipia, within the Diamond Halls~

When the Black Knight began speaking of the information he had been able to obtain from Rubyn's former teacher, she could only sigh slightly. "...ah, Master Goodwin. He was an excellent stallion, and a good friend. His passing had definitely shaken Rubyn. Although, neither of you mentioned passing letters..." Her voice took on a steel-edge at the end, for she did not like secrets being kept from her, especially by those she held close in her council. However, when she heard of the Black Knight's offer...she paused, thinking hard on his proposition.

"Ahh, but you not telling me everything either, isn't it Your Highness? For example, I recall you did much to try to keep from me the information that Rubyn was born as an unicorn." stallion commented with a snide remark "Don't worry...we have the same goals after all. This secrecy is not lack of trust...I just learned long ago, that it's not wise to put all eggs in one basket."

"...I...thank you, General Black Knight, but that will not be needed. You remember Silvertongue, correct? My former husband's best friend and personal Nightinggale? He will be taking charge of Rubyn's further instruction, as it was promised to him by the Emperor before his passing. However, if he proves incapable...I will accept your offer, Black Knight...but only then." She looked up at the moon, her eyes narrowing and her lips tightening. She spoke to herself quietly, so quietly that only herself could hear the words. "...one more hour, before my son becomes the Empire's shadow..."

"Silvertongue? How could I forget? It was I, who founded him on the mountain road after this 'ambush'. Yes, he's a great choice...even if he's little old. Depending on how much Goodwin taught to young Prince, either Silvertongue will give him hard time, or it will be other way around hahahahah!" Black Knight laughed in his deep voice amused by the thought "Still, I would like to see how much Rubyn can already do."

It was some more minutes after that before Black Knight spoke again.

"Prince is late, he should be here already....that's strange. Excuse my...'paranoia' Your Majesty but I will check if everything alright." the General bowed before the Empress and headed straight to one of the side doors.

Soon as he regained his fleeting wits he noticed something that made his blood chill... that the intruder was smiling. There's only one reason he'd be smiling, and that's because he knew there wasn't a snowballs chance that Chainmail would be able to take him on. Worst part was that Chainmail was inclined to agree with him. He really didn't stand a chance. It's the reason why he should have turned and run! He flinched, waiting for a sudden violent attack the likes of which must have taken down the two guards outside, but none seemed to come. He cautiously opened his eyes again to see the intruders smile grow wider as he introduced himself.

Dusk tilted his head and gave the soldier a smile. [colour=#996633]“Now now, no need to shout. My name is Umbrosa Verenae,”[/colour] he said, his smile getting a little bigger[colour=#996633],” and I’d really like it if you stayed silent.” [/colour]Once he finished, he stepped a bit closer to the soldier. [colour=#996633]“Now, I’ve given you my name, care to give me yours?” [/colour]he asked, tilting his head to the other side. [colour=#996633]“Oh, and don’t even think of using that,”[/colour] he pointed at the spear with one hoove.

Chainmail nodded slowly and the suggestion of staying silent. Perhaps this blunder didn't have to cost him his life. That or Umbrosa just liked playing with his food. Chainmail took a tentative step back as the stallion in front of him took a step forward. He didn't fancy letting the stallion get too close. As long as the spear was between them, then he had a ghost of a chance, which was better than none. When asked for his name he somehow managed to stammer out his name, [colour=#00ff00]"P-p-private Chainmail. EVA Conscript."[/colour] His forced speech somehow managed to help him relax a little and the part of him that still somehow felt dutiful gave a resounding push. [colour=#00ff00]"M-m-may I... uh... ask what you're... uh.... doing here?" [/colour]

[colour=#00ff00]"M-m-may I... uh... ask what you're... uh.... doing here?" [/colour]

"Yesss....that's probably most sensible question right now." said the deep voice behind the Dusk. Both ponies then focused on ridiculously huge black-armored stallion standing over them.

"Image this...I was walking the corridors of the palace looking for something suspicious, when I found two dead guards at the Main Gate. Smoking. Fried with electricity. By some unwelcome guest." Black Knight started with 'casual' tone.

"Of course I didn't liked this at all. You see apparently Prince of Ravens is missing and I don't have time for petty intruder, but there was no other pony available so I had to track him myself, and that made me ABSOLUTELY LIVID." stallion continued in more angry voice, before raising his armored hoof and punching Verenae across the room. The strike was not strong enough to kill him or even knock Dusk out, but it made his hat fall off, exposing his horn.

"Ahhh some questions were solved right now, like the fried guards for example. A Bel'Rahmane, how surprising." Black Knight added in sarcastic tone. "Of course that doesn't explain why YOU aren't on your post but that story can wait." General given Chainmail a disapproving gaze before once more focusing on the unicorn. "Don't try teleporting Bel'Rahmane, palace walls are enchanted for that possibility. And don't even think about resisting for you chances are less then nil. You silly magics won't help you." Black Knight warned him. "Not convinced? Fine I introduce myself in case you spend few years in some cave - which you probably did, being hunted unicorn and all. I am one of Empire Great Generals - one they call 'Black Knight'. No pony or other creature in all of Coltara bested me in combat, single or not. I ended lives of thousands Bel'Rahmane like yourself, both with and without weapon. Never did their untrained spells helped them. You can now answer my questions like a pony with tattered remains of sanity that you are - before you would be locked in the dungeon and later executed - or scream like little girl as I will forcibly pull them out of you." stallion said before pulling out collapsible spear, hidden behind his blood red cape.

~Prince Rubyn, the Diamond Halls~

The prince had been striding down the hallway in brooding silence, his black armor clinking against the tile below his hooves. Today was his big day, and yet...why wasn't he happy, much less excited? For some reason, he had a dark, forebodding shadow cast over his thoughts, and he had the vague indication that something wasn't exactly right. Suddenly, he heard a commotion coming from further down the hall, and voices that sounded blurred from distance. Curiosity drove him...he'd have to investigate. Picking up his pace, the night-clad prince continued down the hallways, trying to silence the clammer of his hoofsteps.

He stopped at one corner upon hearing a tirade from a very familiar voice. The Black Knight? He sounded very angry...was he yelling at a servant? No, that wasn't it, and it became clear when he heard the general say 'Bel'Rahmane. An intruder, that's what it must be in order to draw out so much rage from the incredible, black-plated stallion. Hurrying onward, it took Rubyn only a moment longer before he appeared several meters away, and looked at the scene before him. Seeing the Bel'Rahmane on the ground, and noticing the Black Knight reaching for his fabled spear within his cloak, Rubyn's eyes widened as he shouted out; "Black Knight, cease!", advancing forward swiftly while he secretively pressed a button on the hidden Qai'Maga next to his right hoof...it will send a distress signal to a nearby Sul'jin, and hopefully suppress the magic-wielding unicorn that laid before him. He barely even glanced at the EVA trooper before locking his gaze with Black Knight.

"...stand down, by order of your Prince. The Bel'Rahmane is to be contained...not impaled, understand? He may have fell victim to the temptation of magic...but he is still an equine, no matter what he has done or how low he may have sunken to." Rubyn set his gray-blue eyes on Dusk for a moment, before looking back at the Black Knight, his tone caustic. "...am I clear, General?"

-------

~Silvertongue, within private quarters with Sub-Zero~

The elder stallion only smiled grimly at the 'grandmaster's' disbelief at the event. "It's true, boy. But, it is possible that it could have been an imposter...but highly unlikely, considering his mastery of Ice." When Sub-Zero began to encroach upon Silvertongue, all he did was stare right in the assassin's eyes, not intimidated in the slightest. He'd been through more than most creatures would go through in their lifetimes...good Astral, he had fought bloody dragons before they were pronounced extinct. Whatever this...foal...thought he could do to frighten the veteran Nightinggale, he would be very disappointed.

At the mention of a name, Silvertongue burst out laughing at the mere thought. Oh yes, there was a name...but he'd be branded a mad-stallion simply for speaking of it! "Name? The monster didn't have a name, at least not a name that would make any sense to anyone who hasn't studied ancient history, or the Ancient Dialect."

-[colour=#dda0dd]Decimus[/colour], within the Imperial Palace, Ashen Gate-

Decimus moved about in a calm grace, a huge contrast to mostly everypony else in the palace. He was ticking off the final of the last-minute preperations for the prince's coronation, fetching an old nightingale named Silvertongue. He had met the stallion once or twice, but as it was with their trade, they never really talked much. Turning down another corridor, he ran headfirst into a servant rushing down the same corridor, knocking him over. The pony cringed, expecting a beating. [colour=#800000]"My most sincerest apologies sir." [/colour]The servant said, his voice cracking. Decimus sighed as he reached down and helped the servant up, pushing him onward in the direction he was going. He had no time for this rabble. Continuing onwards he stopped in front of the door to Silvertongue's personal quarters, making sure he looked presentable. As close to the empress as he was, Decimus still had to bow to rank.

Opening the door slowly, he stepped inside and raised his eyebrow as he found the old nightingale to be talking with the same strange, bipedal stallion from before. The gardener cleared his throat as he spoke. [colour=#dda0dd]"Nightingale Silvertongue, the crowning of the Prince of Ravens has nearly begun, and the empress would request your presence." [/colour]As he spoke, he noticed that the stallion Silvertongue had been talking too was approaching the nightingale, looking a tad angry. It served only end his request with a questioning tone, as Decimus locked eyes with the stranger.

-[colour=#0000ff]Moonfire Starborn[/colour], within the Diamond Halls, Ashen Gate-

Moonfire fidgeted in her seat nervously, where was the prince? She noticed a mare giving a servant some commands next to the crystal throne. It must have been the princess. She growled to herself quietly, wishing Decimus hadn't left her here to sit and wait for something to happen. Something wasn't right, the fae could feel it. Getting up from her seat she made her way towards the exit, her intimidating armour helping to create a path as ponies stepped out of her way. Two guards were standing at the exit, turning her was as she approached and crossing their spears. [colour=#0000ff]"I need to find gardener Decimus." [/colour]She said, frowning as they didn't move their spears even an inch. [colour=#8b4513]"Sorry ma'am, can't let you leave. Orders from gardener Decimus himself." [/colour]Moon nodded calmly, furious on the inside. He made that order on purpose to keep her from causing mayhem. She growled to herself as she walked back into the crown and took her seat again.

As she did, Moon reached into her pocket and brought our her Qai'Maga, the same small silver and saphire necklace it always had been. placing it over her neck, she looked up to the window. The moon was out in force tonight, as it always was during the festival. It was beautiful, probably one of the most beautiful moons she had seen. Sighing, she looked over to the crystal throne and began to daydream as she waited for the ceremony to begin.

[colour=#996633]“Chainmail,”[/colour] Dusk repeated once the soldier told him his name. He pondered on it for a few moments, then returned his focus to Chainmail when he asked him what he was doing. Before he could say anything though, a husky voice directly behind him spoke up. Dusk turned about to see a great, black armored stallion. Without thought, he tried to take hold of the magic source, but before he could, the black armored pony struck him with an amazingly strong hoof, sending him across the corridor to strike the wall. He gave a grunt as the hoof hit him and another when his back hit the wall. He sat there, catching his breath and trying to focus his thoughts again as the Black Knight, apparently, went on a tirade about his combat prowess and all that would happen to Dusk. He didn’t really listen; he was busy trying to figure a way out of this. Once he started to formulate a plan, it was shattered when another voice spoke. Dusk lifted his head and turned it to see who the voice belonged to. His breath caught and his heart raced. The Prince of Ravens was standing there, ordering the Black Knight to stand down.

He continued to look at the Prince until he, for the first time, heard the word ‘Bel’Rahmane’. He reached up and groaned when he realized his hat was missing. So, all the ponies surrounding him knew he was a unicorn, one that used magic. He started standing again, thinking on what he should do. Maybe if he caught the Prince off guard, he could escape. He once again tried to take hold of the magic source, but found he was unable to do so. He tried again, and again, and after his third failure he knew that, somehow, the prince was stopping him, or at least, making it harder for him to use magic. Whatever it was, Dusk wasn’t able to use magic. He started to hyperventilate, his pulse racing, his eyes rolling this way, then that. He pushed himself flat against the wall, reaching into his saddle bag and pulling out a small dagger. He could see all of his exits, all of his plans, come crashing down right on his head. He started pointing the tiny weapon at all of the ponies surrounding him, panic taking his senses and throwing them out the window.

[colour=#996633] “No, you won’t take me. I’ll find a way out, I always do. I can’t be trapped, I’m Dusk Umbrosa Verenae!” [/colour]he started to babble. He kept trying to get a hold of the magic source, each time he failed causing him to try harder. [colour=#996633]“You won’t kill me, you filthy, soft hoofed Blood!”[/colour] he shouted, pointing his dagger at one after another of the ponies around him.

Sub-Zero - Silvertounge's Chambers, Imperial Palace, The Ashen Gate

The incompetence and flat-out disrespect of this aging stallion is rapidly draining Sub-Zero patience. However, the mentioning of the shinobi's ice abilities is troubling. Only a very few, if any, outside his bloodline were this strong... but that is not his main concern right now. There are other matters that take priority. [colour=#0000CD]"I had enough of this. If this story is false, then you are an old fool who's mind is withering away faster than how the ice melts in your land. If it is true, then..." [/colour] His eye's flash. The room immediately reaches freezing temperatures. His brilliant blue eyes glare into Silvertounge. [colour=#0000CD]"If you knew my reputation as a shinobi then you would know a name is all I need."[/colour] He backs away a little and the room begins to warm again slightly. His cold eyes are still stern. [colour=#0000CD]"Perhaps your Prince mad a mistake on sending me here. Unless he has a purpose of me speaking to you, then we are done here. His council, or the Empress' is what I seek."[/colour]

[colour=#8b4513]"Chainmail[/colour][colour=#a52a2a]"[/colour]. The voice echoed around the inside of his head. Chainmail gulped and kept his hooves on his spear when he noticed something infinitely more frightening rear up behind Umbrosa. A colossal stallion in thick black plate. Of course Chainmail recognised the mighty Black Knight. The stallion was practically a living legend. The Empresses right and mighty hoof to stamp out all threats to the Empire, both foreign and domestic. Chainmail had never been this close to anypony with such prestige, and who inspired such terror. He felt faint, but the sudden brutal impact of the Knight's hoof against Umbrosa's head brought him straight back into the world. This was actually happening. Would the Knight think him an accomplice? Did he see his attempts at intervention? Would he leave this encounter alive? Chainmail listened intently to the Black Knight's speech, his heart in his mouth the entire time, his hooves still frozen to his spear in an attempt at combat readiness that would have made his mother cringe.

At the cry of Bel'Rahmane Chainmail's eyes were drawn to his opponents horn. That answered some questions, but raised one as to why he didn't just fry him too. A harsh bark of "YOU!" snapped Chainmail's attention straight back to the Knight as he stared straight into the large black helmet and suddenly found himself standing up straighter on reflex. He tried to mumble something in response, but the Knight's verbal tirade completely drowned it out as more threats were levied at the prone Umbrose, whose expression was slowly turning more and more hysterical. He was worried.

As if things couldn't get any worse, another stallion wandered onto the scene in an outfit befitting of a Prince. Sure enough one word form him and the Black Knight stopped what he was doing. Chainmail found himself shrinking more and more into the corner, as the prince glared at the scene before him. He pulled out an elaborate weapon and pushed something on it, causing Umbrose to suddenly look even more panicked. Something was clearly going on here. The Prince then advanced on the Knight, his eyes afire with barely held back rage. Why was this prince saving what Chainmail could only assume to be an assassin? Maybe there was some kind of plan to this, Chainmail was just glad that maybe there wouldn't be more bloodshed right now.

Then Umbrosa jumped to his hooves with a dagger out, and a look that could best be described as cornered rat. Chainmail wasn't stupid, you don't mess with a pony looking like that, but he couldn't let him escape in front of the Black Knight and one of the Princes. In fact this was his chance to prove his loyalty, and maybe not end up being executed through a case of mistaken loyalties. Gulping he threw down his spear and galloped at the pony, throwing his armoured body at him in a mad tackle to knock him to the ground and knock away his dagger.

~Silvertongue, within his private quarters with Sub-Zero and Decimus~

The elder nightinggale sat in quiet contemplation after Sub-Zero's tirade, his narrowed eyes focused on the assassin before him. After a few moments, he noticed Decimus and frowned. "Decimus, please...rest awhile. Seems I am going to speak the rabblings of a mad stallion." Chuckling a bit, he leaned back, and then his expression became serious once again. "...the Prince came here to validate your knowledge on the assassination. Since you appear to have no knowledge on it, aid for your clan is sure to be secured... I may be old, but that day will always be burned into my memory. You want a name, yes? I'll give you a name...does Anemoi mean anything to you? I've remained close-mouthed about it...due to it's implications."

He shivered at the name, pushing one of the letters on his desk aside. "...Anemoi, master Ice Sage, former Warden and a member of the Heartless...great servants of the Specter and bound in the Pit alongside him till the end of creation. It took me many years to discover this, reading ancient scriptures...but if it is true..." He shivered once more, instinctively feeling the Qai'Maga charm he had on his side. "...if it is true, then the Darkest Days are coming, and that means the Lightbinder...has been reborn."

-------

~Prince Rubyn, in the Diamond Halls~

Seeing Dusk's slow descent into insanity, he turned toward him with an expression filled with pity. So...this was a unicorn who is subjected to the tainted magic for so long. It was said that the effects of madness were different for each unicorn, it could occur in a few weeks to several decades...how far had this Dusk fellow fallen? Suddenly, from the corner of his eye, the EVA soldier charged and barreled right into the Bel'Rahmane, knocking the knife out of Dusk's grasp. Surprised at the suddenness of the attack, he gritted his teeth. "Stand down, soldier! Stand down, I say!" He approached them, trying to separate the two fighting equines.

Sub-Zero doesn't blink at the mention of the name. He almost literally froze in place. [colour=#0000CD]"Anemoi..." [/colour]He looks to the Mun-Okami then back to Silvertounge. That name brings back nightmares when he was young. [colour=#0000CD] "That name has a lot of history with my clan..."[/colour] He takes a deep breath. [colour=#0000CD]"Anemoi... 'The Demon of the Frozen Mists'... About two hundred years ago, there was a shinobi named Anemoi. He was a brutal and heartless soul, if he had one at all. His birth alone caused his mother's death. He received the same training as our colts do today but this... monster... grew too fond of the deathly arts. He killed many of his peers to prove his might... as his strength grew so did his bloodlust for stronger prey. One night in a village not to far from our capital, innocents paid the price for his lust for death. My great, great, great grandfather, Kori ni Michitari, took a party to investigate why the village has not come to the festival of the Winter Solcitice. What he saw still scares my people to this day... each stallion, mare, and foal were impailed on spikes of ice... the ground was stained with frozen crimson... on the wall of the village hall... written in blood... read... 'Anemoi is gone... a demon awaits you in the mists.' Kori ni Mitchitari search all of our land for the renegade until he personally found him alone on a frozen plain farther north than even my village. 'The Demon' was strong but my grandfather was still his superior... he slew the demon and took his bloodied amulet as proof of the deed." [/colour] His eyes rest upon Silvertounge. [colour=#0000CD]"Aparently the stallion who attacked you must have been a rouge Ice Sage with an affintity for ghost stories."[/colour]

~Silvertongue, Private Quarters, Imperial Palace, Ashen Gate~

Silvertongue listened with a slight frown on his face. He had heard of many accounts about the 'Demon of the Frozen Mists', ironically named Anemoi. It seemed that any creature named after one of the Heartless was, no doubt, doomed to a similar fate. To become a monster, a creature fueled by evil. "...the assassin you've associated with Anemoi may have been an avatar of him. There have been...cases...over the past three thousand years of those who took upon themselves the names of the Heartless, and committed horrible crimes. Most of them associated with the Nightchildren. It's speculated that when Anemoi of the Kori no Yurei was born...he was purposely influenced with dark energy. Of course, this is speculation...but all reports agree on one thing; your clan comprise of descendants of Anemoi, which would explain your natural affinity for...the arts of Ice and death." He took out a pipe and some tabacco leaves, placing them in the end of the pipe and lighting them as he took a few puffs.

"...the one who assassinated the Emperor maybe an imposter, but who can know? His...power was convincing enough to make be believe he is the one, true, Anemoi." He took another few puffs, before standing up and moving away from the desk. "...onto a more light subject. I can assure you that financial and agricultural aid can be given to your clan...but something must be given in exchange. That's just how things work, unfortunately."

This situation involving this "Anemoi" is weighting heavily upon his mind. Apparently the outside already don't care much for his people and now there is a rouge Ice Mage claiming to be "The Demon of the Frozen Mists." Half distracted but still catching all of Silvertounge's words, Sub-Zero responds. [colour=#0000CD]"I plan to pledge my servitude in exchange for the aid. I am willing to suffer great humilities to help the Kori no Yurei."[/colour]

Dusk grunted as he was tackled by the EVA soldier, Chainmail. His dagger was knocked out of his hoof and the wind was knocked out of his lungs. With his body racked by panic, fear, breathlessness, shock, and simply being weaker than others, he could do nothing about his assailant. He tried to force him off, but to no avail. Chainmail, in his EVA armor, was far too heavy. So Dusk simply covered his face with his hooves and did his best to avoid any sort of injury.

Luckily and rather surprising to Dusk, the Prince of Ravens came in to stop Chainmail. As the soldier got off Dusk, he quickly sat up and looked himself over for any sort of serious injury. He was glad to find that he was in rather good condition. Once he was done checking himself, he looked up and around. His dagger was out of his reach, the Black Knight was still standing there, and the Prince of Ravens was still doing whatever it was he was doing to stop Dusk from using magic. Now he was even more helpless then before, he didn’t even have a weapon. He had calmed down a bit, though. With his thoughts straightened out a bit, he was able to think a bit more clearly. He saw absolutely no escape route, and dying pointlessly didn’t really suit him. He started getting up to his hooves, and as he did so he came up with a solution that would let him keep living, hopefully long enough to escape, and maybe even take some revenge, even the slim chance of completing his goal. There was just one problem with it, but his desire to survive, and the chance of power and revenge, outweighed it, if only slightly.

Once Dusk had his hooves under himself again, he dusted himself off, readjusted his cloak and saddlebags, grabbed his hat and put it back on his head, then kneeled before the Prince.

[colour=#996633] “I understand that I have very few options here, and many of them result in me having less skin and being a lot less lively. So, I’ve come to a conclusion, the only one that ends with me being alive, and having a chance at freedom again,” [/colour]he then took a deep breath, and lowered his voice a considerable amount[colour=#996633],” I, Dusk Umbrosa Verenae, offer myself as Tov’kin to the Prince of Ravens. I will serve him till he releases me, or till he dies, or till I die.”[/colour] He looked about a bit, then walked over to his fallen dagger, picked it up by the blade, and went back to kneeling in front of the Prince. He then took the dagger in one hoof and placed it against the soft center of his other hoof. “I swear this,” he then pressed the dagger in his hoof and pulled it down, cutting himself and letting blood flow out of his hoof, he then slammed his cut hoof on the ground, letting the blood slowly spread from it[colour=#996633],” in my own blood, which I would never betray.” [/colour]He then looked up slightly, so he could see the Prince past the brim of his hat, waiting to see how his offer would be taken.

Chainmail crashed loudly into Umbrosa and sent the weapon flying away. Before he could cheer his successful ploy a very irritated voice came from behind him, barking at him to stand down. Chainmail quickly stumbled to his hooves and away from the disarmed assassin. The Prince was clearly displeased with what he'd done. Chainmail took another step into the background, as Umbrosa too rose to his hooves. He seemed a lot more calm, so at least Chainmail's plan had kinda worked. Even if the Black Knight would probably chew him out for making a fool of himself in front of the Prince. At least there were no doubts as to his loyalty, so that was a plus. This assassin character was now clearly out of options. It would be any second before a Sul'jin would arrive and sort all this out.

Then Umbrosa played what looked like his last card. An oath. Chainmail was speechless as he recited the oath of the Tov'kin. Now it was all up to the Prince. Even the Black Knight could do nothing about it, and Chainmail could imagine the anger on his face about the situation. Anger which might be misplaced towards the nearest outlet he could. Chainmail was not looking forward to how this ended. He could quite easily sneak away from them while they were all embroiled in Dusk's actions, but then there would be questions about his loyalty, and they would easily track him down. It was a safer bet to stay here, and see this out in full. Who knows he could get off with a slap on the wrist.

Draco sighed to himself.[colour=#008000] "maybe i should just leave the city. it would be easier and less chance i will be killed.but... this is the home of my father and his fathers father...."[/colour] he sighed [colour=#008000]"uncle why do you wish me dead."[/colour] he said as he lifted off into the air continuing to fly until he unknowingly was over the palace some of the guards may not like this.

~Prince Rubyn, the Diamond Halls~

Seeing the Bel'Rahmane on the ground, and noticing the Black Knight reaching for his fabled spear within his cloak, Rubyn's eyes widened as he shouted out; "Black Knight, cease!", advancing forward swiftly while he secretively pressed a button on the hidden Qai'Maga next to his right hoof...it will send a distress signal to a nearby Sul'jin, and hopefully suppress the magic-wielding unicorn that laid before him.

Just when the Black Knight was ready to rip out the answers from the laying Bel'Rahmane he heard the voice of the Prince of Ravens. The black clad warrior turned his head toward approaching Rubyn but he didn't lowered his spear. Even if Prince called reinforcements, unicorn had to be at least crippled - just in case. Before General had a chance to explain this to Rubyn through, future Emperor, closed the distance gave Black Knight an angry look and started again.

"...stand down, by order of your Prince. The Bel'Rahmane is to be contained...not impaled, understand? He may have fell victim to the temptation of magic...but he is still an equine, no matter what he has done or how low he may have sunken to." Rubyn set his gray-blue eyes on Dusk for a moment, before looking back at the Black Knight, his tone caustic. "...am I clear, General?"

For a few seconds both ponies stood there, glaring at each other - even if Prince had to look up to gaze into oculars in Black Knight helm. And suddenly, a metal clanking was heard. The Great General was apparently shaking in fury...or so one would think until a deep chuckle was heard. He tuned away completely to face the Prince, exposing his back to Dusk. He couldn't penetrate his armor anyway.

"Ahahaha....Ohohohoh!...Goodwin was completely right! Great spirit indeed. Very well my Prince...I obey - In face of such confidence, how could I not?" Black Knight asked the rhetorical question before lowering his spear. But he did not put it back on place, one couldn't be too careful. The General wanted to ask Rubyn for his motivation of such...mildness but before he could, the Bel'Rahmane opened his mouth, unasked and interrupted the armor clad stallion.

[colour=#996633]“No, you won’t take me. I’ll find a way out, I always do. I can’t be trapped, I’m Dusk Umbrosa Verenae!”[/colour]

"The dog without fangs barks the loudest. Now be silent or I will make you so! You before the heir of the Empire." he scolded him, not even bothering to look at Dusk.

The next moment happened very quickly, a sound of a galloping hooves and a loud crash. The Black Knight spun around far faster then a pony of his size should be capable too. A single "What?" escaped his lips. He readied his weapon for thrust but didn't risk a strike. He could hit a EVA soldier and besides unauthorized entry he didn't do anything that should be awarded with death....yet. Fortunately, Prince of Ravens somehow managed to split both ponies apart. But then Vereane did something completely unexpected...

Once Dusk had his hooves under himself again, he dusted himself off, readjusted his cloak and saddlebags, grabbed his hat and put it back on his head, then kneeled before the Prince.

[colour=#996633]“I understand that I have very few options here, and many of them result in me having less skin and being a lot less lively. So, I’ve come to a conclusion, the only one that ends with me being alive, and having a chance at freedom again,” [/colour]he then took a deep breath, and lowered his voice a considerable amount[colour=#996633],” I, Dusk Umbrosa Verenae, offer myself as Tov’kin to the Prince of Ravens. I will serve him till he releases me, or till he dies, or till I die.”[/colour] He looked about a bit, then walked over to his fallen dagger, picked it up by the blade, and went back to kneeling in front of the Prince. He then took the dagger in one hoof and placed it against the soft center of his other hoof. “I swear this,” he then pressed the dagger in his hoof and pulled it down, cutting himself and letting blood flow out of his hoof, he then slammed his cut hoof on the ground, letting the blood slowly spread from it[colour=#996633],”...in my own blood, which I would never betray.” [/colour]He then looked up slightly, so he could see the Prince past the brim of his hat, waiting to see how his offer would be taken.

"What?" once again said the Black Knight. Then he turned his head towards the Prince and started speaking in amused tone.

"Now isn't that interesting Young Prince? He wishes to became a tool. And he made blood oath on top of this. This is first such occurrence I seen or heard from the male unicorn." the General paused to ponder something before he resumed "The magic of the blood oath is extremely strong,so who knows? Maybe it will even ward off the taint. And this Bel'Rahmane doesn't seem to be broken too much anyway, he had enough cleverness to save his life with such a plan. If I were you, You Highness I would take him as an experiment. He can't hurt you now anyway, even if he wished too. Care to rename you new toy?" Black Knight teased the prince with a question. Then he turned to face Chainmail.

"Attention, soldier! That was pretty... reasonable thing you did. But it doesn't tell why you were away from your post. Explain." General ordered in harsh, but not angry tone.

"Attention, soldier! That was pretty... reasonable thing you did. But it doesn't tell why you were away from your post. Explain." General ordered in harsh, but not angry tone.

Chainmail instinctively saluted to the General, but couldn't help but sigh with relief as he commented on his actions as reasonable. Looked like Chainmail would walk away from this after all. Chainmail knew that he couldn't beat around the bush with the general, but it was a rather long story, so he decided to paraphrase it as quickly as possible. [colour=#00ff00]"Sir! I was guarding the northern gate when a pair of High Bloods requested escorting to the Imperial Palace. Once my duty was complete I turned to leave when I heard the sounds of combat. I rushed around to the rear of the palace to see those two injured guards, and a pony vanish into the darkness. When I caught up with him to arrest him, you arrived, and then this all happened!" [/colour]Chainmail decided to leave out his shameful trot after him, and how he hadn't thrown himself straight into duty, instead slinking after him in the shadows, and how them running into each other hadn't been part of his plan. [colour=#00ff00]"Sir!"[/colour] he then added quickly at the end for good measure. He then waited for the General's response, while keeping one eye on the situation with the Prince and the intruder, curious about how it would continue.