Help with Bow-Tie

I didn't really know where to put this exactly, but...

Okay, so due to popular demand, I'm trying to post my rendition of Bow-Tie in the RP characters. For those of you who don't know, Bow-Tie was a pony in the pilot MLP episode, along with the original Applejack, Firefly, and Twilight. She was even one of the main stars of the episode.

But what could I possibly need help with? Well, I made Bow-Tie's background involve one of the main characters, Applejack. Bow-Tie learns about the importance of honesty through Applejack when she was a filly. They only knew each other when they were young until Bow-Tie and her family moved and she was forced to put her knowledge of friendship to the test to make new ones.

Even tho it's widely seen as Sue-ish for characters to at some point know the main cast, I deemed it appropriate for Bow-Tie to previously know Applejack. It was to keep some kind of essence of the original MLP and still have an actual reason for her to know her other than they co-existed and were friends in the pilot.. But naturally I would leave it up to the Applejack roleplayer to /remember/ Bow-Tie.

Some people have suggested that I just RP with Applejack here to form a relationship presently, but it kind of defeats the purpose of her previously knowing her. It's also been suggested to just have her know Applejack like how everypony in Ponyville knows each other, on a casual level, but not a friendly one, but that seems rather empty to me and not helping my case xD

She was acceptable on the FiMRPG Proboards, but she's not so acceptable here. So I'm basically asking for some ideas to have my cake and eat it too.

tumblr.png

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae10 ... tumblr.png

Here's a thought: why not ask Applejack's player for a Private RP between you before joining the board proper, and play out Bow-Tie and Applejack's first meeting all those years ago? Doing an RP set in the past should be okay if it's on the Private RP section, right? Then, once the RP is finished, you go on the main boards and Bow-Tie returns to meet her old friend. Private RP still counts as board "canon" doesn't it? Would this be possible?

Here's a thought: why not ask Applejack's player for a Private RP between you before joining the board proper, and play out Bow-Tie and Applejack's first meeting all those years ago? Doing an RP set in the past should be okay if it's on the Private RP section, right? Then, once the RP is finished, you go on the main boards and Bow-Tie returns to meet her old friend. Private RP still counts as board "canon" doesn't it? Would this be possible?

I wish that would work Dx But I believe it was Manestream (who I believe plays Applejack) who declined Bow-Tie's character the first time I posted her.

Gonna Move this to OOC, because it doesn't actually fit in Gen. Creativity.

Have you actually talked with Mane about a private rp, or are you just assuming?

One other thing to consider, is that if she somehow ends up in the show and cannon isn't how you wrote her, are you willing to make the changes later that a cast profile would require?

• 2 weeks later...

I wish that would work Dx But I believe it was Manestream (who I believe plays Applejack) who declined Bow-Tie's character the first time I posted her.

I am almost positive that Mane declined her again because it was at the time against the rules to have g1s entirely as well, and those were not necessarily Mane's rules. You should message her.