Censorship

Heh. At least they are visible to us!

More than once has a discussions have been derailed as follows in an international chat:

Me: the product was a little sketchy

Him: what was the censored word?

Me: a word was censored?

Him: "product was a little ****"

Me: sketchy?

Him: still censored

Me: s k e t c h y

Him: I wonder what language censors that!

I honestly don't think there are that many people here that consider the use of some of these words acceptable. I would never question the decision to censor a word that can be used offensively. I don't question the decision to censor a word that could be slang for any other curse word. I understand that. I just don't understand why words that are used for the right reasons and are clean are being censored as well. Sure, I can use another word, but you'll have to let me know when I do that since I don't know it's censored until after I've proofread my posts and posted it.

This.

When words that are completely non-vulgar and are not curse/cuss words in any sense of the word are being censored because within them they contain that sequence of letters, it sucks large amounts of hot soda. S-C-R-A-P is not a curse word.

Of course, this is just a casualty of a word filter and there isn't much that can be done. It's just quite annoying when you type out a post and a word or two that aren't curse words get censored. It looks like you've said something awful.XD

• Like 1