Sixth Generation of Pokémon

DoubleUp

Oh my Gawd! It looks awesome. *_*

I must have it. I've always wanted Pokemon to be in 3D since I prefer 3D in general to sprites. The generations just keep getting better and better. I thought they weren't going to make the move from sprites after Gen V, but I was proved wrong! They're definitely changing their game up. I'm glad to see them trying more risks. They already tried a few in Gen V and now they're really trying to get their a-game out. I must get a 3DS.

Probably gonna get Y, because it has the most awesome-looking legendary. I like how they're going for a letter theme too. It's definitely unique and nothing I've thought of. I don't know how the quality's going to be, to be honest. But it looks VERY promising. The starters... well, I preferred Gen V's. But! I really like Fennekin, so I might break my tradition of always using the Grass-types to get it instead. They don't look so bad. I'm mostly neutral to them, particularly Chespin.

X and Y? When I heard those names I thought this would be a parody, glad that isn't the case. Looks like I'll finally have to shell out for a 3DS. Those battles look really good. Fans will no doubt be in uproar about the designs though. Legendaries look to me like they might be Life and Death this time, though I have to say that on that point that those two Legendaries look a bit too overcomplicated. Don't know if I like them. This looks like the first time I'll ever go with the fire starter on my first playthrough. Normally go for water, but Froakie just looks silly and that Fennekin is just too cute.

I thought they weren't going to make the move from sprites after Gen V, but I was proved wrong! They're definitely changing their game up. I'm glad to see them trying more risks.

While I'm glad they're finally progressing from sprites, this feels like Nintendo might be forcing them to. Can't use sprites in 3D. Still keeping two legendaries and the grass, water, fire starters suggests to me that they're still not going to rock the boat too much.

While I'm glad they're finally progressing from sprites, this feels like Nintendo might be forcing them to. Can't use sprites in 3D. Still keeping two legendaries and the grass, water, fire starters suggests to me that they're still not going to rock the boat too much.

From the trailer, you can tell that each of the starters in this generation are most likely going to be dual-type, much like Gen IV. In the trailer, each of the starters uses two moves, one from the known Grass/Water/Fire type, and one that suggests a second type. From what we can see, it appears that Chespin will be Grass/Dark, Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic, and Froakie will be Water/Fighting. This presents an interesting twist in terms of the rock/paper/scissors type effectiveness we've seen in all previous generations.

Chespin - Froakie - Fennekin - Chespin

Grass -> Water -> Fire -> Grass

Dark <- Fighting <- Psychic <- Dark

So hyped! :D

Grass, Fire, and Water is one of the few rock-paper-scissors combinations that works. And don't say Psychic, Fighting, Dark. That doesn't count because Dark is IMMUNE to Psychic. Those types as starter Pokemon are an integral part of the Pokemon main series formula. And honestly, I see no reason to change that. Without those and stuff appearing in the grass, it wouldn't really be a Pokemon game. There are certain things in a game that make that game series what it is, and aren't necessary to change. Whilst I doubt they're going to get TOO risky, BW and BW2's differences from the rest of the series, as well as the release of a new generation so soon, suggests that they ARE gradually edging towards more and more changes and risks. 3D is certainly a controversial decision.

Grass, Fire, and Water is one of the few rock-paper-scissors combinations that works. And don't say Psychic, Fighting, Dark. That doesn't count because Dark is IMMUNE to Psychic.

Yeah, but do they really need three starters? I get that it's a staple, but that's the thing. A staple is safe. Pokemon Yellow is the only exception to that rule, and that was to make it similar to the anime. If DarkspinePrime is right though, then they might be reinventing it a lot more than I thought. That would really turn the tables with the two type match-ups running in tandem.

3D is certainly a controversial decision.

That one I bet was forced on them. A lot of people bought the DS for Diamond/Pearl, I know I did, and the 3DS is selling nowhere near as well as the DS did.

I don't see it as a controversial decision. I love the old style but eventually it was going to change, and the 3DS is the first system that I believe offers a different enough graphical experience to deliver a viable change.

The legendary's names are weird. Yveltal and Xerneas are very atypical names. I wonder what the tertiary legend is going to be. I personally am excited for the 3D, however controversial it may be. Speaking of controversial, did you know that pokémon #666 is going to be included? This may be the most controversial pokémon ever.

After beating White 2 (finally) I now want this game to be out. Also, in the trailer, it shows one of the unevloved starters fighting a Kirlia, which fills me with hope that Ralts/Kirlia will be available early, because I like Gardevoir.

From the trailer, you can tell that each of the starters in this generation are most likely going to be dual-type, much like Gen IV. In the trailer, each of the starters uses two moves, one from the known Grass/Water/Fire type, and one that suggests a second type. From what we can see, it appears that Chespin will be Grass/Dark, Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic, and Froakie will be Water/Fighting. This presents an interesting twist in terms of the rock/paper/scissors type effectiveness we've seen in all previous generations.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible for some 'mons to learn attacks outside of their typing naturally? Just because it looks like a 'mon is using a Dark-type attack doesn't mean it's for sure going to become a X/Dark later. Although it would be interesting to see some of the other types get some glory with the starters. (See below)

Speaking of controversial, did you know that pokémon #666 is going to be included? This may be the most controversial pokémon ever.

They're not going to make an even remotely demonic Pokemon, and if they did, there's absolutely no way they'd make it #666. I will bet all my money that #666 is going to be a normal 'mon with nothing super significant about it. It might turn out to be a good 'mon, might turn out to be more useless than Rattata.

As for the starters, I swear if the fire type evolves into another freaking Fire/Fighting, I will be very, very, VERY upset. Although he's freaking ADORABLE, so he balances out to neutral for me. I'm really hoping the frog will evolve into a cool looking knight 'mon, if for no other reason than I want to make a Chrono Trigger joke (Hint/CT spoilers: his nickname would be "Glenn") And the Grass type is just meh to me.

Also, with the introduction of a sixth gen, it's now possible to have a full team of starters with no repeats of gens. Which, to me, would be a very interesting team to set up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it possible for some 'mons to learn attacks outside of their typing naturally? Just because it looks like a 'mon is using a Dark-type attack doesn't mean it's for sure going to become a X/Dark later. Although it would be interesting to see some of the other types get some glory with the starters. (See below)

Obviously, but you have to look it as a whole. Each of the three starters uses a move that sets up another rock/paper/scissors archetype. If this isn't suggesting dual-types, then it is a very interesting coincidence.

Nintendo has announced the next Pokémon games: Pokémon X and Y.

This will be the first Pokémon game in 3D, and it comes out in October.

I'm going to choose Froakie! Which starters do you guys want?

Check out the announcement trailer on Youtube: http://m.youtube.com...h?v=3NMWdUBA8e4

Gotcha covered here Dubs.

That would be your non-mobile link. Lol.

It looks great, and I'm really excited. I'm not too keen on the new trainer body style though. However, with this being the sixth generation, we can finally witness the true power of this team:

dINGm.png

By the Gods! Darkspine, this is brilliant. I really see this as being a devestating team in any situation, even at a fighting type or ghost type gym. Well done, you deserve a scootaloo. :halo:

I want the Fennekin lol

I hope the rumors are true and they introduce the Light and Sound types. Mainly cuz I'm a light/holy/sun nut. XD Though if this did happen there would probably be a bunch of Pokemon getting their typing retconned like Magnemite/Magneton in Gen II. Ampharos may become an Electric/Light type, as it is described in the PokeDex as a "Light Pokemon," and Exploud would definitely get turned into a Sound type. Also moves like Supersonic and Screech would be changed to Sound types. OMG so confusing. They probably won't do it.