Need something with Curio.

Snowshoe

Hello, ponyfolk!

Recently, I apped a minor cast character named Curio (added him to my roster, you can check on the side bar, under my name). Been looking for something to use him with.

I've got an idea that involves an adventure, just not quite sure what I'm going to do yet. Currently, I'm debating having him post a flyer looking for help finding a helmet belonging to a griffon general in the griffon lands, or an ancient pegasus empire something or other up in the Badlands to the north. Would anypony be interested in this?

I'm always up for an adventure RP as well. But it needs a GM of sorts to keep it running....I'd love to use my very new Griffon character () in this one. She's not an adventurer, but she would enjoy a little bit of excitement from time to time. Maybe it would inspire her along with her art. Or maybe Curio has something she wants..And he'll only give it to her if she agrees to tag along with him (and others) on this adventure. It could be something simple, or something from her past that she might have given away or sold and regretted it later.

I'd REALLY kill for a fun trip to the Everfree. I always loved the spooky vibe it has...And there's pretty much anything one could think of there...Lost villages...Old castles..horrible monsters...It doesn't have to be grim, dark and "Story Of The Blank Flanks" dark. It can be dark and fun all at once..

Hmmm. My OC is also an archaeologist...Maybe he knows of your guy...I could see them having a bit of an Indiana Jones/René Belloq rivalry...Pocket Change (my OC) believes the treasures he finds should go to a museum while your (May..I need to read up on your character) guy thinks they should belong to the finder..To keep or to sell to the highest bidder! Both ponies went to Canterlot University..Maybe they knew each other?

It's pretty doubtful that Merlot would know of Pocket Change for the following reasons:

1. Pocket sounds like he's relatively fresh out of his undergraduate program, while Merlot earned his doctorate a while ago. Merlot most likely would be several years' Pocket's senior.

2. Pocket's a mere digger; Merlot's the guy hiring the diggers and earning all the fame in the process.

3. Even if the Polar Star expedition became common knowledge, chances are high that the Captain got most of the publicity from the incident instead of the rest of the crew.

4. Just to let you know this right now, Merlot's most intense rivalry will always be with Pathfinder. <3

Those things said, Pocket Change is free to hate on Merlot as much as he wants. XD

If your thread happens to be in need of an antagonist, I've got my fortune-hungry archaeologist Merlot on hand. :idea:

The Belloq to my Indy, as Taco put it before I could :P I'm fine with it, if you want to play a bit of an antagonist.

1. Sounds about right. I wasn't 100% sure about the age difference, so I wanted to throw this around before the RP started. To be safe.

2. Pocket is a proper archaeologist..But he'll do whatever needs to get done, even if it involves getting his hooves dirty. To him at least, being called an 'Shovel Bum' is an honor, not an insult. :blush:

3. Since that RP is on hold for the moment, Pocket will probably mention that he's not permitted to go into details about his expedition...And their captain, "Cleverboots" was never well thought about by the world of archaeology..She's generally referred to as "Crazyboots". So there's going to be alot of doubters and 'neighsayers' who will believe the whole adventure was a bit of a fraud..

4.Heh. She's actually in another RP with Pocket. Still waiting for my turn to post for that one. Should be interesting. My guy has heard of her, but has never seen or met her before, so right away he's just gonna assume she's an Daring Do-cosplayer

Heh... if I do go with Arcana she might be even more of an antagonist... :shifty:

Though, I dunno, she'd probably play nice for most of the thread if she thinks it will get her what she wants. :blush:

Yeah, his player left the board ages ago. At least I think he did...My OC would probably know of 'Lady Arcana' since Fire Walker had spoken to him about her in the past. She was mostly generous in her description, glossing over the less flattering aspects of the mage... :blush:

One last update: this is still on, however, it won't be started until early March (1st, at best). I'll be going on a week-long vacation starting Saturday, and don't want to leave you all high and dry.

• 2 weeks later...

Everypony who posted interest in the topic before this post gets in on a free pass, rest should PM me for entry. Everypony involved would have visited Curio's shop in Canterlot, and interviewed with him looking, and acting, as a mysterious, stereotypical "Far-East" Manechurian merchant, and if accepted would have gotten a letter giving them instructions on when to get to Talonpolis, and to his camp.

Hmmm. I'm torn..Now I think I might use Fire Walker due to her experience with Arcane. She might not be the most 'people' friendly pony out there, but Fire respects her intelligence....Being someone who grew up in military schools and training, she has become rather used to instructors and trainers who were very rough around the edges..

Oh my, I completely forgot you were playing an antagonist O.O

This is going to be interesting. I just accepted a pair of extra parties involved: another antagonist, and just a general third party. Uh...so that's a darn good question, my friend. Try PMing Imagination, it's possible you two can form an antagonist team. If you don't want to do that, we can brainstorm something.

• 1 month later...